*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't see it posted yet and I may be wrong here, but Best Buy has a 4 day(Fri-Mon) sale going on right now for some of the Mac games listed in the coupon(Rage,COD4, SWTFU). They're on sale for $15 and the coupon is for $15 off...if they stack come Sunday, possibly some free games for a Mac?

Just checked out my local BB. Prototype 2 standard edition is $49.99 and collector's edition is down to $59.99. For $10 more, might as well bite on the CE. But will there be a sale on P2 to make the deal sweeter? Bite this Sunday or wait it out?

Edit: Actually, I'll bite this Sunday. Forgot about BB's price match guarantee.

[quote name='wrencrest']Yep. And apparently you do to as I see you have Live and PSN accounts[/QUOTE]

Hey, a guy can game across multiple platforms!

[quote name='htz']I got Mike from BB to post more info on the @gamer coupons regarding if collectors edition work on certain coupons. If the OP or MOD can edit the 1st post with this info, it would be helpful to fellow CAGs.

So yes Blackwatch collectors edition for prototype 2 and Mass Effect 3 N7 collectors edition do work with the coupons if you can find them in stock.
icon10.gif
[/QUOTE]

are u sure it would work on collectors edition, because the sku is totally different

'Your epidemic of epic is winding down, as your membership to Reward Zone® program Gamers Club Unlocked is scheduled to expire on 09/28/2012. Renew your membership now for $14.99, and continue receiving great benefits to get every bit out of your gaming.'

i just got this email 'Move to strike', no mention of $5 back/off or whatever. i guess im out of luck or where was that deal at?

[quote name='hobomatt']didn't see it posted yet and I may be wrong here, but Best Buy has a 4 day(Fri-Mon) sale going on right now for some of the Mac games listed in the coupon(Rage,COD4, SWTFU). They're on sale for $15 and the coupon is for $15 off...if they stack come Sunday, possibly some free games for a Mac?[/QUOTE]

As a Mac Gamer...let em stack, let em stack, let em stack

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']People actually play games on their computers still?:razz: I've never wanted to bother with them myself and that's why I prefer consoles, since I don't have to tweak my settings or buy more memory for my PS3 just to play X or Y game as opposed to PC gamers.:booty:[/QUOTE]

Have fun playing your sub-HD games at 30 fps or less. It's hard to go back to that once you've played a current gen game at 1080p or higher with a silky-smooth 60 fps, or one of the recent games that already feel like next-gen level graphics.

334.jpg

:p

[quote name='Camwi']Have fun playing your sub-HD games at 30 fps or less. It's hard to go back to that once you've played a current gen game at 1080p or higher with a silky-smooth 60 fps, or one of the recent games that already feel like next-gen level graphics.
[snipped]
:p[/QUOTE]
wth? These are mac games.... keep your PC elitist attitude out of here. Mac games are lucky to be made, let alone work properly.

[quote name='Velo214']'Your epidemic of epic is winding down, as your membership to Reward Zone® program Gamers Club Unlocked is scheduled to expire on 09/28/2012. Renew your membership now for $14.99, and continue receiving great benefits to get every bit out of your gaming.'

i just got this email 'Move to strike', no mention of $5 back/off or whatever. i guess im out of luck or where was that deal at?[/QUOTE]

Got that same email too, but $5 back/off? Never heard of that deal.

[quote name='Camwi']Have fun playing your sub-HD games at 30 fps or less. It's hard to go back to that once you've played a current gen game at 1080p or higher with a silky-smooth 60 fps, or one of the recent games that already feel like next-gen level graphics.

334.jpg

Honestly, I'd rather we stepped back to the 16 bit era, so people would just shut the fuck up already about their HD this or their achievement score or their trophies or any of the other annoying shit the fanboy/tech whores prattle on about for hours.

I don't care that you have 'omg 5.1 surround sound with a 70" plasma tv'. Now stfu, play your games and stop trying to brag to anyone who will listen about all the shit you likely way overpaid for.;):booty:

334.jpg

While I dont care to spend a ton of money having the coolest pc gaming rig available, I have to admit I like that jpg. Pretty sweet master race you have there.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Honestly, I'd rather we stepped back to the 16 bit era, so people would just shut the fuck up already about their HD this or their achievement score or their trophies or any of the other annoying shit the fanboy/tech whores prattle on about for hours.

I don't care that you have 'omg 5.1 surround sound with a 70" plasma tv'. Now stfu, play your games and stop trying to brag to anyone who will listen about all the shit you likely way overpaid for.;):booty:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're missing out, especially with the surround sound. You'd be amazed by how fun it is with modern games, or even really beneficial when it comes to a genre like racing where you can hear which direction a car is coming up behind you.

[quote name='wrencrest']While I dont care to spend a ton of money having the coolest pc gaming rig available, I have to admit I like that jpg. Pretty sweet master race you have there.[/QUOTE]

I've always been fond of that picture, too. :) They made the "master race" as obnoxious as possible, with the flowing hair and the dark tan and the man-cleavage.

[quote name='Camwi']Sounds like you're missing out, especially with the surround sound. You'd be amazed by how fun it is with modern games, or even really beneficial when it comes to a genre like racing where you can hear which direction a car is coming up behind you.[/QUOTE]
Well then good thing I don't play racing games.;)

Console: $150
Gaming PC: $700 to sky's the limit

I'm taking donations towards building a dream gaming rig. Care to help? ;)

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Console: $150

I'm taking donations towards building a dream gaming rig. Care to help? ;)[/QUOTE]

i am willing to start you off with a penny, LOL

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Just checked out my local BB. Prototype 2 standard edition is $49.99 and collector's edition is down to $59.99. For $10 more, might as well bite on the CE. But will there be a sale on P2 to make the deal sweeter? Bite this Sunday or wait it out?

Edit: Actually, I'll bite this Sunday. Forgot about BB's price match guarantee.[/QUOTE]

Price match after using the coupon is YMMV, a lot stores will consider it double dipping.

[quote name='dinovelvet']So I noticed some Prototype 2 empty steelbooks at my local BB...are these free with purchase of the game, or what's the deal with those?[/QUOTE]
They should be. Just ask one of the gaming people. The worst they can say is NO.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Sweet, I will be using the $10 off $29 and up used game.

All the stores near me have Skyrim used on 360 $44.99 used. So Ill get the 10% of for RZ, $10 off for the coupon, plus 2 - $10 off (equaling $20 off) from ordering online and doing in store pickup. So I will be getting Skyrim on 360 for roughly $10.

I am not waiting for the PS3 version anymore to get the DLC. I used to have skyrim for PS3 (cheap from Gamefly, used coupons before I cancelled it) and it was filled with too many bugs and glitches which I know the 360 doesn't have nearly as many, if at all.

I hated those bugs where the item or person I was to meet just was not there. I just wanted to throw my controller. And then still no dawnguard and hearthfire (which looks AWESOME) probably wont be out for a while if at all for PS3!!!

I just hope I am being safe in picking up Dishonored for PS3. Or should I go with 360 since it is bethesda.[/QUOTE]

If you want to play the best version of Skyrim, get it for PC. Compared to it, the PS3/360 versions are fairly comparable.

Not to mention mods. The Elder Scrolls games have the best mod communities.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They should be. Just ask one of the gaming people. The worst they can say is NO.[/QUOTE]

My store had both the Steelbook and the posters, so hopefully I could get those if I end up getting Prototype 2.

[quote name='Demon Soul']Has anybody ever got the coupons to work on collector's editions?[/QUOTE]

Back in march & april (I believe). Final Fantasy XIII-2 C.E & soul calibur C.E.

I noticed that I'm only getting $0 or $0.01 for each order in myrewardzone.com. I'm assuming this is because I used gift cards and the credit spent do not go towards rewardzone certs. Is that correct?

Is there any way around that? If I buy a pitch in card will orders used with pitch-in go towards rewardzon points?

[quote name='PublikDefender']I noticed that I'm only getting $0 or $0.01 for each order in myrewardzone.com. I'm assuming this is because I used gift cards and the credit spent do not go towards rewardzone certs. Is that correct?

Is there any way around that? If I buy a pitch in card will orders used with pitch-in go towards rewardzon points?[/QUOTE]

Buy a visa prepaid card.

[quote name='Borellius']Buy a visa prepaid card.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't a Visa giftcard cost $6.25 or something just to buy? That's like 300 reward zone points or so....you'd have to buy a pretty expensive gift card to make it worth the fee.

But if you max out the pre-paid Visa by putting the full $200 on there and use game trade credit to do so, then it's like having CASH that you can spend ANYWHERE. To me the $6 fee is a small price to pay to get a gift card that's available to be used at more than just BB.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But if you max out the pre-paid Visa by putting the full $200 on there and use game trade credit to do so, then it's like having CASH that you can spend ANYWHERE. To me the $6 fee is a small price to pay to get a gift card that's available to be used at more than just BB.[/QUOTE]Damn it! How did you not teach me this? I am sooooooo pissed now :lol::lol:

Hey all Anybody in here with Unlocked.. who doesn't want their $20 off of Lollipop Chainsaw? If so can I get that from you? Been waiting on this for quite a while to drop

You do know you can buy the magazine for $5? I mean sure, mailing the coupon to you would be cheaper, but then the time to wait. Just saying.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Console: $150

I'm taking donations towards building a dream gaming rig. Care to help? ;)[/QUOTE]

Console games: $60 new, $40 after 3 months

PC Games: keys available online for $25-$35 within a week of release, generally $5-$15 after 3 months.

Also, a PS3 was $600 new and a 360 was $400. Then there were $50 controllers, a $100+ ripoff hard drive just to give the 360 enough space to download more than a few demos, the Xbox live scam at $50/yr. And most people buy more than one console.

Console gaming is more expensive than PC gaming over the long run yet vastly inferior. I play my games at 2560x1600 constant 60fps, ridiculous eye candy and AA...honestly console games give me a headache now to even try to play them due to eyestrain from the lack of clarity. Many Xbox 360 games could not even run at true 1280x720 and are upscaled from a lower resolution, it just looks horrible. Then add in that any 3d game with even the most basic graphical effects, like Gears of War, runs at 30fps or less. (I call gears of war basic because even though it's one of the best looking console games, the graphics are simplistic by pc standards). I once worked it out and my PC has 50x or more the graphical crunching horsepower of a 360. Go look at some computer charts:

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2011-gaming-graphics-charts/Metro-2033-Enthusiast,2664.html

See that 8800 GT four cards from the bottom that can run the game at a whopping 3fps? It's like twice as fast as a 7800GTX...the PS3 and 360 are comparable to but somewhat weaker than a 7800GTX. And that chart doesn't even have the newest generation of cards, or the best multiGPU systems. For example, I have three 6970s which would probably put my FPS at around 85 on that chart. Compared to the 1-2 FPS that a 360 or PS3 could maintain in Metro 2033 at those settings.

Sorry, but LOL, just LOL at console peasants. I only use mine for 2d games now.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Console games: $60 new, $40 after 3 months

PC Games: keys available online for $25-$35 within a week of release, generally $5-$15 after 3 months.

Also, a PS3 was $600 new and a 360 was $400. Then there were $50 controllers, a $100+ ripoff hard drive just to give the 360 enough space to download more than a few demos, the Xbox live scam at $50/yr. And most people buy more than one console.

Console gaming is more expensive than PC gaming over the long run yet vastly inferior. I play my games at 2560x1600 constant 60fps, ridiculous eye candy and AA...honestly console games give me a headache now to even try to play them due to eyestrain from the lack of clarity. Many Xbox 360 games could not even run at true 1280x720 and are upscaled from a lower resolution, it just looks horrible. Then add in that any 3d game with even the most basic graphical effects, like Gears of War, runs at 30fps or less. (I call gears of war basic because even though it's one of the best looking console games, the graphics are simplistic by pc standards). I once worked it out and my PC has 50x or more the graphical crunching horsepower of a 360. Go look at some computer charts:

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2011-gaming-graphics-charts/Metro-2033-Enthusiast,2664.html

See that 8800 GT four cards from the bottom that can run the game at a whopping 3fps? It's like twice as fast as a 7800GTX...the PS3 and 360 are comparable to but somewhat weaker than a 7800GTX. And that chart doesn't even have the newest generation of cards, or the best multiGPU systems. For example, I have three 6970s which would probably put my FPS at around 85 on that chart. Compared to the 1-2 FPS that a 360 or PS3 could maintain in Metro 2033 at those settings.

Sorry, but LOL, just LOL at console peasants. I only use mine for 2d games now.[/QUOTE]

Cool story bro

I paid $300 for my Elite (HD and all), $20 each for a couple NEW controllers, $40 LIVE, and spend $10-$20 on NEW games. I have no problems w/ gameplay, and I love my Xbox 360 just fine. :)

[/QUOTE]

Console games : You get to resell them, or trade them in when you're done with them, taking advantage of trade-in deals and bonuses to allow you to buy more games

PC Games : ...

[quote name='dinovelvet']Console games : You get to resell them, or trade them in when you're done with them, taking advantage of trade-in deals and bonuses to allow you to buy more games

PC Games : ...[/QUOTE]Obviously if people can afford a $3k gaming PC, they aren't worried about reselling a game. Lucky bastards LOL

Sorry, but LOL, just LOL at console peasants. I only use mine for 2d games now.[/QUOTE]

2560 x 1600 at 60fps and AA? That's at least a $500 graphics card assuming we're talking about modern games. Then case, monitor, CPU, motherboard, ram all the other things.

Graphics card comparison is just bad. Games on consoles are optimized for 1 card while on PC you have to account fir multiple variations.

I have a monster PC (two of them actually) due to my line of work, but almost never game on it, because I like crashing on the couch with the mrs for :ps3: local co op. Never did understand the sense of superiority that exudes from pure PC gamers.

[quote name='TooPoor']I have a monster PC (two of them actually) due to my line of work, but almost never game on it, because I like crashing on the couch with the mrs for :ps3: local co op. Never did understand the sense of superiority that exudes from pure PC gamers.[/QUOTE]

I just ignore it
I prefer ps3 mainly due to exclusives and I have a thing for trophies over achievements
You have a super fancy pc
That's great!
Honestly, it's a nice luxury to play at top notch quality
But in the end I play games as a hobby not to make others feel inferior

You play games
I play games
Everybody wins

[quote name='TooPoor']I have a monster PC (two of them actually) due to my line of work, but almost never game on it, because I like crashing on the couch with the mrs for :ps3: local co op. Never did understand the sense of superiority that exudes from pure PC gamers.[/QUOTE]

They may only get a tenth of the variety of console games, but i'm sure replaying the same 5 games that actually have impressive graphics gets really exhilarating!

I play a steam game here or there, but yea, the idea that gaming is better on a PC is laughable.

[quote name='TooPoor']I have a monster PC (two of them actually) due to my line of work, but almost never game on it, because I like crashing on the couch with the mrs for :ps3: local co op. Never did understand the sense of superiority that exudes from pure PC gamers.[/QUOTE]Your comment sounds like BLAH BLAH BLAH lol! What's up bro!!

lol no. PC gaming is better technically sure....but it is far more annoying and at times just royally pisses me off. i could PC game but its too much of a pain.

constantly upgrading drivers and graphics cards and CPU and everything else. downloading patches to no end. DRM crap. and a general lack of ability to just put a game in the CD drive and play instantly. and if you have friends over PC gaming is mostly a 1 man show if couch potato multiplayer is your thing PC gaming fails.

console gaming while not superior it is much easier to deal with.

and to get the superior affect of PC gaming one has to constantly have THE BEST graphics card and CPU...well especially graphics card or you will get graphics that look on par with the console peasants as you put it.

then there is this...

this. i really dont get it. i have a gaming PC also...there is a game or two i use it for now and then and i have gamed on it sometimes but quite frankly its just not worth the hassle half of the time.

now to the bolded....i seriously dont get this. of the gaming fanboys that exist in real life and on forums Pure PC gamers are generally by far the worst in system wars type of forums. i dont really get the concept of sticking to just one system out of some misguided Elite status. while the 360 is my choice console i dont have any ill will towards the other systems.

there is also something that is odd and strange about PC games they are usually 1000x more addicting.

Not to, uh, derail the derailment, but I was wondering...

I'm not a big fan of modern military shooters (I'm sorta bored/repulsed by CoD) but I'm sort of intrigued by the idea of BF3 for $10. If I'm put off by the attitude and gameplay of CoD would I possibly enjoy BF3 on a gameplay level? I like the idea of jumping into vehicles and I remember enjoying Battlefield 1943 back in the day.

bread's done
Back