*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
And my store was sold out of Battlefield 3. Combine that with The Witcher 2 and it was a pretty empty trip. (oh, well. At least I'm signed up for Unlocked now so I can get the $20 reward cert for pre-ordering Borderlands 2.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scum1']Should I play Prototype before I play Prototype 2? I don't own it but I'm sure I can find a cheap copy somewhere[/QUOTE]
Go find a cheap copy of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction for the PS2 or Xbox and play that. Same game basically, except the character skins and missions are a little different. About the only thing that might be truly different from H:UD to the original Prototype are the areas where you can go out into the desert in H:UD to fight miitary forces.
[quote name='cagfansub']I think I heard they give away prototype 1 free as a dlc if you buy prototype 2.[/QUOTE]
Actually I think that was if you bought the game Singularity in 2010. That offer has long since expired.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/704281/buy-singularity-get-prototype-free/

[quote name='cagfansub']I think I heard they give away prototype 1 free as a dlc if you buy prototype 2.[/QUOTE]
yes only walmart copies if they still have some but its dlc code

[quote name='tokyostomp']so bb is doing 100% trade in bonus right now?[/QUOTE]

yes, the thread is likely still on the front page.

picked up mass Effect 3 collectors last week for 49.99, use the coupon this week taking it for 30.00.
also picked up prototype 2 Colllectors Edition again and use the coupon to make it 30.00, wish I didn't pay 60 dollars when It first came out :whistle2:(. Also got The Witcher 2 for 10 dollars with the GC online coupon. It was a good day.

[quote name='MidnightRider1']picked up mass Effect 3 collectors last week for 49.99, use the coupon this week taking it for 30.00.
also picked up prototype 2 Colllectors Edition again and use the coupon to make it 30.00, wish I didn't pay 60 dollars when It first came out :whistle2:(. Also got The Witcher 2 for 10 dollars with the GC online coupon. It was a good day.[/QUOTE]

If you paid 60 for it the day it came out you saved 20 bucks. It was 80 when it came out. I just got back from BB and was able to use the 30off coupon on the CE without any problems. Brought up the 50$ empty case and asked if I could get it for free. They agreed. So now I sit back and wait a week or so when protoype 2 CE is 20 bucks clearanced everywhere.

Went to fucking Best Buy and they had no fucking copies of Battled 3 for PS3. Asked some fucking guy about it and he said they were no longer carrying it because they were getting a fucking new fucking version of it. So the fucking @ fucking Gamer coupon is fucking useless. They did have a used fucking version marked a fucking $5 over the fucking MSRP. How fucking stupid.

They did have Luche Libre for $18, so I just ended up getting that and some movies.

EDIT: I just checked out the fucking store locator and it's fucking listed as being in stock. What the fucking hell is going on???

[quote name='nietzsche74']Went to fucking Best Buy and they had no fucking copies of Battled 3 for PS3. Asked some fucking guy about it and he said they were no longer carrying it because they were getting a fucking new fucking version of it. So the fucking @ fucking Gamer coupon is fucking useless. They did have a used fucking version marked a fucking $5 over the fucking MSRP. How fucking stupid.

They did have Luche Libre for $18, so I just ended up getting that and some movies.[/QUOTE]

loli went to the west covina location to do some trades and their trade system was down, so i ended up driving to the monrovia store to do my trade ins. netted about 90 buxs in credit., only real reason to drive was to visit a friend and have lunch then bb it up.

also monrovia was sold out of bf3

called in and had an employee check rss, no store i socal has the LE Battlefield 3 for ps3 at 29.99

so 9.99 for vanilla, hmm, decisions, decisions

Still haven't received my @Gamer mag yet, but I stopped by my BestBuy and found the last copy of BF3, hid it behind a few games no one in their right mind would look through so I could pick it up when my magazine finally arrives.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Went to fucking Best Buy and they had no fucking copies of Battled 3 for PS3. Asked some fucking guy about it and he said they were no longer carrying it because they were getting a fucking new fucking version of it. So the fucking @ fucking Gamer coupon is fucking useless. They did have a used fucking version marked a fucking $5 over the fucking MSRP. How fucking stupid.

They did have Luche Libre for $18, so I just ended up getting that and some movies.

EDIT: I just checked out the fucking store locator and it's fucking listed as being in stock. What the fucking hell is going on???[/QUOTE]

Am I playing House of the Dead Overkill?

[quote name='DFogz']Still haven't received my @Gamer mag yet, but I stopped by my BestBuy and found the last copy of BF3, hid it behind a few games no one in their right mind would look through so I could pick it up when my magazine finally arrives.[/QUOTE]

It's probably gone by now....

This is why I ordered all the games I was planning on picking up the day before the coupons went in effect...I didn't pick it up until now but I got my hands on BF3. Now to wait for ME3/Prototype 2/Chainsaw Lolli to go on sale so I can use these coupons and get them for $10 a pop hopefully.

Lessoned learn fron last months coupon...only thing I wanted was Kingdom of Amalur but I was working that day.

EDIT: I just checked out the fucking store locator and it's fucking listed as being in stock. What the fucking hell is going on???[/QUOTE]

Wow...

dude cool it and dont worry about it, best buy does this, i remember they did this with mass effect 2 and bulletstorm, it happens...and its weird how they were "clearing" out mass effect 2 but they mysteriously reappeared in stores again....word of advice, wait for bf 3 black friday, guarantee the premium edition will be cheaper. im more pissed at ea for releasing a premium edition and screwed people who bought bf3 plus karkand, and then expect us to purchase premium for 50?? and then they are selling the game for 50? ...now thats fucking bullshit. lol.

[quote name='mr mellow']Was able to pick of the very last :ps3: Mass Effect 3 CE within my state thanks to a tip from a friend at a further out best buy location. Box showed a little ware but, overall in pretty good shape. Pretty pleased to be able to find what has become a rare gem. Also picked :ps3: Battlefield 3 (non) limited edition earlier in the week so i am set for the month. Happy hunting to all.[/QUOTE]

the ps3 version is actually quite commmon, u can find em in a lot of best buys and pretty much almost every gamestop has one, at least near me, its the xbox version that is super rare. although cheers on scoring the ce, u got a great deal on the price for a lot of goodies, this is like the only game where the dlc seemed pretty decent.

[quote name='MidnightRider1']picked up mass Effect 3 collectors last week for 49.99, use the coupon this week taking it for 30.00.
also picked up prototype 2 Colllectors Edition again and use the coupon to make it 30.00, wish I didn't pay 60 dollars when It first came out :whistle2:(. Also got The Witcher 2 for 10 dollars with the GC online coupon. It was a good day.[/QUOTE]

is ME3 CE on sale/clearance etc?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']is ME3 CE on sale/clearance etc?[/QUOTE]

Not specifically, that's the current sticker price at my store too. There was still one there! Naturally I grabbed it, don't know if I could possibly match it later if it drops within the validity period of the coupons.

Also managed to pick up the last remaining shelf copy of Battlefield 3 and Witcher 2 was luckily still in the back warehouse. It was a deal meant to be.

Here's hoping for some sales in the coming month for Lollipop Chainsaw and Prototype 2!

edit: I just remembered seeing the Limited Edition with a price of $34.99 and the standard for $40, and of course it was already out of stock of the LE. Interesting to see a clearance like that, but seeing as I already have the DLC I'm not disappointed. Getting it for $5 would be a sweet score though.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Wait, so the ME3 CE works with the coupon....or are you guys getting an override? I will totally pick up a PS3 copy of the LE for $30 if it works.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it should work without an override. At least it did for mine.

[quote name='mikehalc']Yes, it should work without an override. At least it did for mine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming! Will probably try and see if my local store still has a copy left.

[quote name='Gscept']It's probably gone by now....[/QUOTE]

Magazine came and I ran up to BestBuy. Luckily no one bothered to look through the dozen or so copies of "The Adventures of TinTin" and the BF3 I hid in the midst of them was still there.
Grabbed Prototype2 too, I didn't think those would sell so fast, they went from about 6-8 the day I hid BF3 to only 2 when I went back the next day
Now just to wait for Lollipop Chainsaw to drop a little more before I grab that too, good thing my BBY has a ton of those, not worried about them selling out.

[quote name='DFogz']Grabbed Prototype2 too, I didn't think those would sell so fast, they went from about 6-8 the day I hid BF3 to only 2 when I went back the next day[/QUOTE]
This is true.

When I bought Proto2 on Sunday morning there was 2 other people in line with a copy. If you're planning on waiting for a sale then you may be out of luck. $20 is a great price for this and people are buying it now rather than later.

The deal is even sweeter if you flipped NCAA to BB from the TRU sale.

Enjoy the worst wrestling game ever! I picked it up at Walmart ages ago for $10 and regret it. Btw it's $12on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002I0J58I/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1347019619&sr=8-1 and $15 on newegg http://m.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879248086.

So yeah, $10 battlefield to $18 luche libre.....umm, you have allot to learn from cag my young padawan

It's funnier if you read it in cookie monster's voice

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Attention starved much?

Hoping for a $20 Chainsaw![/QUOTE]

For a second I forgot Lollipop Chainsaw was a coupon and though you wanted an actual chainsaw for $20 from bestbuy :lol:

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Attention starved much?

Hoping for a $20 Chainsaw![/QUOTE]

Closest I could find. Would not recommend.

Link

What?

Think I may have gotten a free :360: Prototype 2 by mistake. Looked at my receipt and it shows the $30 off coupon applied to the total, but either the game dropped in price or the associate never rang the game. Website still shows $49.99 and that was the tag in store, but I only paid $15+tax for Witcher 2 & Dead Island Riptide Steelcase reservation...

The only other thought was that it was a launch "radnet" copy. Not sure if this has a different SKU for BB, but maybe it was clearanced out at $29.99? I would think even if it was $29.99 it should show $29.99 on the receipt and then further below the $30 off, but I suppose it's worth checking out.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']Think I may have gotten a free :360: Prototype 2 by mistake. Looked at my receipt and it shows the $30 off coupon applied to the total, but either the game dropped in price or the associate never rang the game. Website still shows $49.99 and that was the tag in store, but I only paid $15+tax for Witcher 2 & Dead Island Riptide Steelcase reservation...

The only other thought was that it was a launch "radnet" copy. Not sure if this has a different SKU for BB, but maybe it was clearanced out at $29.99? I would think even if it was $29.99 it should show $29.99 on the receipt and then further below the $30 off, but I suppose it's worth checking out.[/QUOTE]
I almost got the witcher free...but i screwed up because i was also trying to get the tshirt thrown in for free (wish i still think should have happened. No one is going to buy those shirts at $49.99). That's when she realized she forgot to scan the actual game. Almost walked out with dead island steel book and witcher for $5!!!!

[quote name='mabuhay13']There is a difference between 'free' and 'stealing'.[/QUOTE]
it isn't stealing if he didn't have the requisite intent to steal it. If he noticed it later when he got home, then he could decide to be moral and return it, though.

Went by BB again to renew my @Gamer, gave me another mag, so I used the coupons again for...walked over to GS and traded them to get new RNC.
Battlefield 3.....16.00
Prototype 2.....25.60

total....41.60

also, she didn't take the coupon, thinking about going again before sunday, and ended up with an extra ONLINE pass code.

Pardon me if this has already been covered, but I clicked through the last 5 or 6 pages and didn't see anything...

But is anyone else still waiting on their magazine? I signed up on 07/12/12. Seems like I should have receive my Sept edition by now. All but one of the Best Buys near me are sold out of BF3 now, too.

This is going to be annoying if I keep getting my subscription 2 weeks after the sales begin. I know I could do a return/re-buy, but thats a pain in the ass.

[quote name='pun123']Went by BB again to renew my @Gamer, gave me another mag, so I used the coupons again for...walked over to GS and traded them to get new RNC.
Battlefield 3.....16.00
Prototype 2.....25.60

total....41.60

also, she didn't take the coupon, thinking about going again before sunday.[/QUOTE]

Better take advantage of the the Witcher 2 BB > GS flip before GS lowers the TIV anymore or before your local BB runs OOS of W2

[quote name='henryVIII']
But is anyone else still waiting on their magazine? I signed up on 07/12/12. Seems like I should have receive my Sept edition by now. All but one of the Best Buys near me are sold out of BF3 now, too.

This is going to be annoying if I keep getting my subscription 2 weeks after the sales begin. I know I could do a return/re-buy, but thats a pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]

I haven't received ine as of today. I went in to my local BB and explained my situation (signed up 7/13/12). Manager sold me a copy for $.01, but told me he can't/won't do it next month (sounds like a common problem). All of my info is correct in BB system and I contacted @Gamer but I still haven't heard a response. All my local stores are sold out of BF3 as well and I was told the coupon will not apply to ultimate edition.

I'd recommend speaking with your local gaming assc's and explain the situation. I'm gonna give the magazine people another day or two before I contact corporate again regarding this.

[quote name='mars009']Hey guys quick question is the premium edition of BF3 worth it over the vanilla?[/QUOTE]

you do realize you can not use the coupon on the premium edition of bf3 with the coupon, right?

[quote name='YBX87']you do realize you can not use the coupon on the premium edition of bf3 with the coupon, right?[/QUOTE]

My bad, then I guess I am opening my vanilla copy and will be getting down to play :bouncy:

[quote name='mars009']My bad, then I guess I am opening my vanilla copy and will be getting down to play :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

whats your psn name, i am looking for some cag to play on bf3 for ps3. i got it 6 months, just started putting time into it now

bread's done
Back