*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Royal High Knight']WTF?? People wear yellow shirts at BB? My store only has blue shirts and then the geek squad guys wear nutton up shirts.[/QUOTE]

I think yellow shirts are a phone or security company that has a contract w BB. My store has some and I asked for help and they said they don't work for BB. Then I saw the big logos on their shirts and felt dumb.

[quote name='Investor']That's awesome bro! I paid $28 for the vanilla copy of BF3 last Thanksgiving, and have been playing it ever since. Just paid $50 for Premium last week to play with the boys, and I can't be happier with my purchases. You got a great deal, my friend.[/QUOTE]

Man how can you do it with all the freezing :cold:, unless I am getting unlucky I guess. It is a great game, but dang I hate when games freeze...but I want to play its multiplayer!!!

[quote name='ajh2298']How long after you go "unlocked" do you have to wait for the B2G1 coupon?[/QUOTE]

LOL @ THIS. I enrolled at the beginning of July. Rep told me 4-6 weeks and that I would definitely get September issue. As of today, I have neither the welcome kit nor the issue. I contacted @Gamer and they assured me my info was correct and they were sending out this issue (after I already had a BB store give me one), but it was a tad too late on BF3 and the Mac deals.

A question however, does anyone know who supplies the welcome kit? Is it the @Gamer company or is it from BB? Just wondering who I need to bitch to in case it still doesn't come by the end of the month. However, maybe if I wait long enough I can use the B2G1 on some fall releases...

Seriously tho, I've never seen such a cluster fuck with a company trying to get something right (@Gamer, not BB in this case, but they definitely have some cadillac problems, it reminds me of when Circuit City was beginning to sink- from an ex-employee).

I still can't find a game to use the $10 off $29.99 and up. So for me this month was kind of a bust besides the P2 coupon. Still hopeful for a Lollipop sale (if any are still in stock, was slim the last time I stopped in).

Just came back from Best Buy and tried using the Battlefield 3 @Gamer coupon on the Premium version and it didn't work. Would have needed a manager override but I didn't feel like bothering today.

I think i got that Gamer club welcome kit around the time when i also got my second issue (edit: I didn't even knew i was supposed to get such thing till i got it in mail). I still have not even used it as 4 $10 games i bought from them is still sealed lol.

[quote name='yepsryd']Just came back from Best Buy and tried using the Battlefield 3 @Gamer coupon on the Premium version and it didn't work. Would have needed a manager override but I didn't feel like bothering today.[/QUOTE]
It would've been a good deal if it managed to work. :cry: Good thing I have a friend who already bought premium and I managed to get it for free. :) So $10 for the base game with free DLC. Yay!

[quote name='Hellhunt']Prototype 2 for 40 - will BB pm?[/QUOTE]

depends from where, but most likely yeah. To double dip and use the coupon with the pm'ed price is ymmv and will 98.9% require a manager's overide.

I had email customer service a few weeks ago, and was told in a reply that the welcome package should have been handed to me during the sign-up process. Like hell it did!

[quote name='Multibeaster79']LOL @ THIS. I enrolled at the beginning of July. Rep told me 4-6 weeks and that I would definitely get September issue. As of today, I have neither the welcome kit nor the issue. I contacted @Gamer and they assured me my info was correct and they were sending out this issue (after I already had a BB store give me one), but it was a tad too late on BF3 and the Mac deals.

A question however, does anyone know who supplies the welcome kit? Is it the @Gamer company or is it from BB? Just wondering who I need to bitch to in case it still doesn't come by the end of the month. However, maybe if I wait long enough I can use the B2G1 on some fall releases...

Seriously tho, I've never seen such a cluster fuck with a company trying to get something right (@Gamer, not BB in this case, but they definitely have some cadillac problems, it reminds me of when Circuit City was beginning to sink- from an ex-employee).

I still can't find a game to use the $10 off $29.99 and up. So for me this month was kind of a bust besides the P2 coupon. Still hopeful for a Lollipop sale (if any are still in stock, was slim the last time I stopped in).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']I had email customer service a few weeks ago, and was told in a reply that the welcome package should have been handed to me during the sign-up process. Like hell it did![/QUOTE]

That's wrong too. You get it in the mail.

Been waiting over two months for my "welcome" package. Sent an email as well. I doubt it will do anything.

Call it anything other than a welcome coupon please, using welcome infers it is given at the time or purchase or very shortly after. Not 20% of the way through your membership.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']depends from where, but most likely yeah. To double dip and use the coupon with the pm'ed price is ymmv and will 98.9% require a manager's overide.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to get this to work the three times I've tried. Always an immediate "No, you can only use one discount per transaction."

So very YMMV on this. I am hoping for a Prototype 2 to drop further so I can pick it up for $10. I guess Lollypop Chainsaw as well, but I have very little interest in another Suda 51 "Hey look at my weird funky game! Sorry, I must confess the gameplay could have been how do you say...better."

Does anyone know if you get a new Welcome package for signing up for another year while currently subscribed, or do you need to let your current sub expire first? I would not expect it if I am a current subscriber, but you never know with BB.

I signed up for unlock at the end of June. I got my September issue first then a few days later got my WBP of coupons that expire 11/3/12. Time to stock up on Vita games with the B2G1 $39.99 and under.

Signed up in July and got my September issue a couple days after the first report on here of anyone receiving it. Have not received any type of welcome pack, though.

I'm debating BF 3. Had it for 360 but never got into it before I traded it in. My hold up is HD space on my ps3. Anyone know how much space the game and updates take up? Seems like it was a ton on the 360.

[quote name='mrclutch']I'm debating BF 3. Had it for 360 but never got into it before I traded it in. My hold up is HD space on my ps3. Anyone know how much space the game and updates take up? Seems like it was a ton on the 360.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember what it was (got rid of mine a while ago) but according to here it takes up about 15.5GB with the HD graphics installed - I don't recall it being that big but like I said I don't remember what it was for me.

http://www.blackwaterops.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22796

Still haven't received my first issue. Signed up 8 weeks ago. All the games I wanted to buy with the coupons are sold out.

Not cool, Best Buy.

I can confirm the "$30 off Prototype 2" works for the CE as well due tot he coupon not specifying a SKU for the product. The CE was recently marked down to $60, so it's effectively $30 at checkout with coupon.(Normal edition is $50, or $20 at checkout with coupon).

Signed up in March, as of today still no welcome pack, I'm giving it another 3 months or I'm writing a letter to corporate...in ink! Via mail.

Seriously it's been 6 months, but not really worried about it. Between trade in bonuses, silver member and GCU, price adjustments, I'm extremely happy with Best Buy.

[quote name='Chin35char']Anyone think we are going to get a Prototype 2 price drop to $39.99? Or should I pick it up for $20?[/QUOTE]

Might as well jump on it for 19.99 because you can always send it back to amazon for $25.65. Make a few dollars on it.

[quote name='Chin35char']Anyone think we are going to get a Prototype 2 price drop to $39.99? Or should I pick it up for $20?[/QUOTE]

I'm sort of waiting for that and Lollipop Chainsaw to drop before the coupons expire. Wouldn't hurt to wait till the last few days to make sure.

[quote name='Poor2More']Signed up in March, as of today still no welcome pack, I'm giving it another 3 months or I'm writing a letter to corporate...in ink! Via mail.

Seriously it's been 6 months, but not really worried about it. Between trade in bonuses, silver member and GCU, price adjustments, I'm extremely happy with Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

You should post about it on BB's forum. There are a couple of threads regarding this issue. I received a response within a week of posting and am currently waiting for my welcome packet. It turns out that they had my address as undeliverable for some reason. I would do it asap since they send the packets out every 2 months.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']LOL @ THIS. I enrolled at the beginning of July. Rep told me 4-6 weeks and that I would definitely get September issue. As of today, I have neither the welcome kit nor the issue. I contacted @Gamer and they assured me my info was correct and they were sending out this issue (after I already had a BB store give me one), but it was a tad too late on BF3 and the Mac deals.

I still can't find a game to use the $10 off $29.99 and up. So for me this month was kind of a bust besides the P2 coupon. Still hopeful for a Lollipop sale (if any are still in stock, was slim the last time I stopped in).[/QUOTE]

The welcome kit is MAILED by BEST BUY. They are sent once a month, so depends on when you sign up as to when you'll get it. Could be 4 weeks, could be more again dependent upon when you signed up and when the batch to be mailed is pulled and sent.

These are for sure NOT given out at time of signing up in store.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']WTF?? People wear yellow shirts at BB? My store only has blue shirts and then the geek squad guys wear nutton up shirts.[/QUOTE]

the yellow polo shirt employees are in fact employed by bestbuy. They are called AP (Asset Protection) aka Loss Prevention. They roam the store looking for thieves (civilian and associate)

So has anyone asked a manager is they could use there BF 3 coupon on a 360 version if the ps3 version is out of stock? I know it's ps3 only on the coupon but I figured somebody would have tried by now.

Success! Was able to get $30 off BF3 Premium on PS3 with the coupon. I ended up going to the front register, had a newish employee ask a busy manager about the coupon not working, he simply gave the ok to override after looking at the screen and coupon. Total was $5.07 out of pocket after using the last of my gift card. Seems you may have better luck with people who don't work in the game department and don't know the difference of the versions.

photo12lu.jpg

[quote name='GBH']BF3 froze my ps3 hundreds of times and the sound also cuts out in game like every third game. The game is a piece of shit especially since they enhanced aim assist. I played the game for hundreds of hours had a 2.53 kd and the game is ass.[/QUOTE]

Am I reading this right? You played a "piece of shit" game for hundreds of hours? That's weird.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']I'm sort of waiting for that and Lollipop Chainsaw to drop before the coupons expire. Wouldn't hurt to wait till the last few days to make sure.[/QUOTE] It could hurt. Picture yourself scrambling to find a copy the last few days and nowhere had it in stock

[quote name='shadowkast']It could hurt. Picture yourself scrambling to find a copy the last few days and nowhere had it in stock[/QUOTE]

By that point, $20 may be a fairly common price at any retailer, so waiting may not have that big of a downside.

[quote name='dino88']Am I reading this right? You played a "piece of shit" game for hundreds of hours? That's weird.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he was playing with friends? I have suffered through games because friends wanted me to play them together.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']By that point, $20 may be a fairly common price at any retailer, so waiting may not have that big of a downside.[/QUOTE]
I get ya. Just saying, pick it up now @ $20 and leave it sealed if you want to return it and stock isis low. It may drop to $10 after coupon in three weeks but will it be in stock at that point?

And if other places have it $20 in three weeks, then I'm sure best buy will have it for $10. If other retailers have it for $20 in a month and you want to play it now, pick it up now for $20, no loss.

Just my two cents

I don't think there's much doubt that all of these games (Prototype 2, Lollipop Chainsaw, Mass Effect 3) will be obtainable easily for $20 by Christmas, but it's nice to get them now... definitely wait the month out, I'd say.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']I don't think there's much doubt that all of these games (Prototype 2, Lollipop Chainsaw, Mass Effect 3) will be obtainable easily for $20 by Christmas, but it's nice to get them now... definitely wait the month out, I'd say.[/QUOTE]

ME3 is $15 used on GF

I'm debating between Prototype 2 vanilla and the Collector's Edition, which has some extra "in-game events, additional and optional challenges".

Is that stuff worth an extra $10? I did enjoy the little bit of the game I played when I rented it, but I don't really think it'll be necessary.

[quote name='Perfidious Sinn']I'm debating between Prototype 2 vanilla and the Collector's Edition, which has some extra "in-game events, additional and optional challenges".

Is that stuff worth an extra $10? I did enjoy the little bit of the game I played when I rented it, but I don't really think it'll be necessary.[/QUOTE]
you can buy the extra dlc for 5$ on the marketplace. the other stuff is absolute junk, but hey, if you want the dlc, might as well shell out the extra 5$ to get soundtrack, artbook, and prototype (actual) store discount.

[quote name='dino88']Am I reading this right? You played a "piece of shit" game for hundreds of hours? That's weird.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i am dumb but the people that made the game are dumber. They changed the way each gun fired and the way vehicles played like 4 times now and its not the same game it once was. They followed the blueprints for uncharted multiplayer which has become trash competetively.

[quote name='GBH']Yeah i am dumb but the people that made the game are dumber.[/QUOTE]

maxwell_smart__confused.gif

DICE never bothered to fix aim acceleration, on either normal camera movement or ADS movement...that's about all that bothered me. The console ports of Max Payne 3 got it right, however (or close enough IMO). Being a series that I had ONLY played the PC versions of previously, simply having the option of tweaking the aiming was necessary for me(beyond basic sensitivity, that is). Never had the issues with input lag, as some did in the beginning, and still can't help to wonder how/why they haven't just added the options in yet for the above at this point. Oh well, $10 was a good price in any case.

[quote name='taylort3']you can buy the extra dlc for 5$ on the marketplace. the other stuff is absolute junk, but hey, if you want the dlc, might as well shell out the extra 5$ to get soundtrack, artbook, and prototype (actual) store discount.[/QUOTE]

Kinda figured that Activision went with the "quantity over quality" approach for their DLC. I'll stick with the vanilla edition then, I'm totally fine with $20 for this game.

[quote name='tokyostomp']the yellow polo shirt employees are in fact employed by bestbuy. They are called AP (Asset Protection) aka Loss Prevention. They roam the store looking for thieves (civilian and associate)[/QUOTE]

oh great so when these guys approach you,they think you are a thief? wonderful...i guess i wouldnt look like such a god damn thief if someone in the gaming department would help me and woudnt have to aim wanderlessly for 20 minutes.

[quote name='paayter']oh great so when these guys approach you,they think you are a thief? wonderful...i guess i wouldnt look like such a god damn thief if someone in the gaming department would help me and woudnt have to aim wanderlessly for 20 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Relax. They approach everyone.

HAHA! i just did the same. I'm not even a Gamer Club member. no one watches the magazines so i just went grabbed one ripped out the coupon grabbed BF3 Premium for PS3 threw the coupon and game at a cashier who knows nothing about games or the deals going on at best buy. And BAM!
BF3 Premium for 30 bones.

thanks bestbuy!

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Success! Was able to get $30 off BF3 Premium on PS3 with the coupon. I ended up going to the front register, had a newish employee ask a busy manager about the coupon not working, he simply gave the ok to override after looking at the screen and coupon. Total was $5.07 out of pocket after using the last of my gift card. Seems you may have better luck with people who don't work in the game department and don't know the difference of the versions.

photo12lu.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jimbobolowskie']HAHA! i just did the same. I'm not even a Gamer Club member. no one watches the magazines so i just went grabbed one ripped out the coupon grabbed BF3 Premium for PS3 threw the coupon and game at a cashier who knows nothing about games or the deals going on at best buy. And BAM!

thanks bestbuy![/QUOTE]

Classy.

[quote name='jimbobolowskie']HAHA! i just did the same. I'm not even a Gamer Club member. no one watches the magazines so i just went grabbed one ripped out the coupon grabbed BF3 Premium for PS3 threw the coupon and game at a cashier who knows nothing about games or the deals going on at best buy. And BAM!

thanks bestbuy![/QUOTE]
Just leave now thief.

Just remember guys once you start really getting into BF3, you may never look at COD the same way. At least that's what happened to me. Thank goodness for zombies this year or I wouldn't even spend a dime on COD

bread's done
Back