UPDATED: Dark Souls II Pre Order - OOS: Amazon, Walmart, GS, BB, NewEgg

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
9pSm52M.png

Update 03.10.14

7:10 p.m. CT - just a few more hours until midnight release. 

FRYS.com is SOLD OUT. While you can still add to cart, you will get a notice stating the supply isn't available. Thank you Erabiont for the tip!

Midnight is upon us! I'll be at Gamestop with a bunch of Titanfall lovers, but I'll be there to pick up the real GOTY - Dark Souls 2! 

Update - 03.09.14

XBOX 360 Black Armor edition and CE on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.

You can still get the PS3 Black Armor edition on FRYS.com.  Thanks Guadian_Owl for sharing! 

Update - 03.08.14 -

PS3 Black Armor edition on Best Buy is SOLD OUT.

PS3 Black Armor edition on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.   (Thanks XeroBlade for sharing.)

PS3 Black Armor edition on Walmart is SOLD OUT. 

PS3 Black Armor edition on Amazon is SOLD OUT.

Gamestop no longer taking in store preorders for either CE or Black Armor. 

eStarland is still taking preorders for PS3 Black Armor edition. 

Also ...

PC system requirments (via Polygon). PC release date is April 25.

------> Get $10 cash back or $12 credit via Green Man Gaming when you buy DkS II for $49.99.

Update - 03.07.14 -

Big news .... Gamestop is no longer taking in store pre orders for the CE or the Black Armor nationwide. "We're sold out."

You can still get the CE online through GS website. However, Black Armor edition is not showing up. Links to retailers still taking pre orders for Black Armor edition is in yellow bellow. (Just scroll down this OP)

Meanwhile, searches on Best Buy for Black Armor or CE were showing up empty. However, the website is still showing you can preorder either online. You have to search "Dark Souls ii" and not use the number 2. Weird. Thanks to midloo for pointing this out.

Just saying .... Last time DkS came out with a LE, NamcoBro had a huge SNAFU, as many didn't get their LEs. 

Update - 03.06.14

Amazon is selling the official, hardcover strategy guide for $21. Gamestop and other places are selling it for $35. Thanks to CAG user cruzadel for sharing this. 

This just in thanks to CAG user Xellos2099. 

Namco is selling the PC CE for $109.95. It includes everything as the regular CE, but you get a digital version of the game and a t-shirt. You can pre order it here. I am not sure if they charge for shipping. There is also a section for promo codes, but I don't know of any. If you do, please share. 

Update - 03.05.14: 

Amazon is currently sold out of the PS3 Black Armored Edition. Earlier, the CE was sold out as well, but has since returned to stock (as of 03/05). While I think those geting the Black Armor through Amazon will get it no problem, I should warn some about getting the CE. 

Just look at horror from the Bravely Default CE. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Meanwhile, BB has no in store pickup ATM. 

Because Titanfall is also coming out on March 11, GS will have a midnight release for DkS II. I spoke to an employee who said they wouldn't have done the midnight release for souls if it wasn't for Titanfall. It just so happens both come out on same day. Praise the Sun. 

Also, you can save $5 by preordering the CE through Target. The Black Armor Edition is sold out however. To get the savings, click here, then checkout. If you do Target's credit card, you can save an additional 5%. Not too shabby. Link to Target DkS II CE: 

Some reviews have come in - 

Four different reviewers from Famitsu gave it a 9, 10, 9 and 9 out of 10, or a 37/40. Impressive. The previous Dark Souls received the same score. 

Meanwhile, one German magazine, M! Game, gave Dark Souls II a 90/100 and also said it is the "hardest game in the word." M! gave the first Dark Souls an 81/100. 

The CE also comes with some in game items, actually, a lot of in game items. Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess I'll take them. 

In other news, From Software said it has no plans for DLC for the game. I'm cool with this. 

If you are looking to join a Dark Souls community to talk strategy, then you can check out this forum. I've been a part of it since original release and members really get into this game here. Everyone is really kind and helpful and some people do spreadsheets with crazy data and stuff. 

It is a medium sized community, which I like. Your questions get answered and not buried a la Gamefaqs, but to each their own. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLACES YOU CAN STiLL PRE ORDER BLACK ARMOR EDITION ( as of 03.07.14) Thanks to @lookatthat for sharing!

ps3:

http://www.estarland...duct.41844.html

http://www.overstock...tml?searchidx=0

http://www.frys.com/product/7998180?source=googleps&gclid=COGeiL7vhL0CFS1p7AodMwoAVQ (added 03.09.14)

xbox 360

http://www.estarland...duct.41845.html

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+black+armor1&_dynSessConf=ATG22126305800&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+360

http://www.amazon.co...ds=dark souls 2

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=dark+souls+2&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874156044

http://www.play-asia...en-70-7g8z.html

http://www.gohasting...ts#.Uxo4BIWPNWI

http://www.overstock...19/product.html

Earlier, Sept. 23, 2013: 

What joy! It's finally here! Dark Souls II Limited Edition! 

dark_souls_2_collectors_edition_ce.jpg

It's already being dubbed "prepare to be broke" edition. Selling for $119.99. Last time, From Software gave everyone who preordered Dark Souls a free upgrade to the collector's edition, but for those of us that remember, there was one big SNAFU with that. (People didn't get their LEs, unless they preordered at Gamestop, for the most part.)

I'm dropping the big bucks on this. I don't care. This is my favorite game of this console generation. Here's what it comes with, from Joystiq:

"The Collector Edition is priced at $119.99 and includes a cloth map of the game's world, an art book and a 12" Warrior Knight figurine. It also contains the Black Armor edition of Dark Souls 2, meaning you'll have a soundtrack and metal case to go with the steeled will any Dark Souls fan undoubtedly harbors." 

Amazon is taking preorders here

Just went to my local GameStop and preordered it there. I'll be there at midnight. 

I should note, GS requires a minimum $25 to preorder the CE. 

Also, considering how From Software is notorious for messing up pre orders, and how insane the Souls community is, this might be one of those "you snooze you lose" type deals. Then again, this could be $79.99 three months after release. I did a poll on a Dark Souls forum, and pretty much everyone is getting the CE. Then again, those guys are like me. Also, I recommend PS3 version. Just my two bits. 360 version just as good, but more Souls fans play on PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
i ordered mine at Wal-mart on 1/28/14, i did it in store, I'll just go early to make sure i get my black armor edition, hopefully they got enough, my cards says I'll get it  :pray:

Just noticed some sellers are already gouging the price for both versions on eBay ... I saw one CE for $500 lol

There are also others selling everything in the CE but the game, those actually have some bids going on them. There is already word that people have this game and are already playing it. 

Gonna have to load up on the honey buns if I'm going to fit into this Dark Souls II shirt. Doesn't seem like Namco is giving me any other alternatives.

Gonna have to load up on the honey buns if I'm going to fit into this Dark Souls II shirt. Doesn't seem like Namco is giving me any other alternatives.
Yeah I have gotten so many free shirts that are useless because of that. Even as like a workout or a sleeping or a junk shirt an XL is quite big for my body and I have been lifting for the past 9 years now.

Oh well.

This is one of the games i really enjoyed plating this game. Remember fighting the 1st boss fight on top of the tower! Damn! Died so many times i almost wanted to quit playing. Haha! But the feeling of defeating each boss is so rewarding. Coz of my busy schedule, il unfortunately will not pick the game up on release day. Will however buy the guide at bestbuy pm amazon! Future press guides are always high quality.

I actually did not have that much of a problem with the gargoyles, maybe it's because I had plenty of experience fighting the duo of the Maneater in Demon's Souls.

Yep, checked my active offers, all I have is $5 off of a $30+ preowned game, moot point though since gamestop is "soul"ed out of the CE and black armor, Hopefully Target will come through, I've bought stuff from them in the past on black Friday's and didn't have any problems. I am jealous of these BB peeps who already have their orders from the early shipments. Wonder if that mean's they'll let reviews go up early.

Just added my vote to the poll, and it seems I made the right choice. I pre-ordered from Amazon (in October) but canceled it about a week ago after I noticed BB had it still in stock. Wasn't going to take another chance after the Bravely Default CE issue, (I had a similar incident with my GTA V SE.)

Kinda wonder if I should've just paid the $90 or however much it is to be a GCU member in order to get the discount on the Dark Souls II CE... Ah well too late for that!

I am jealous of these BB peeps who already have their orders from the early shipments. Wonder if that mean's they'll let reviews go up early.
Nobody has actually reported GETTING it, just that the shipments have been sent out. It is very likely they will not receive them until Tuesday anyway.

Nobody has actually reported GETTING it, just that the shipments have been sent out. It is very likely they will not receive them until Tuesday anyway.
Correct, at least that is my situation.

Best Buy "shipped" my game out on Thursday but it wasn't in the hands of UPS until Friday.

And the scheduled delivery date is Tuesday (release date).

People say this is going to be a valuable CE? Is it because it's Dark Souls/Atlus or is it confirmed limited release or something?

People say this is going to be a valuable CE? Is it because it's Dark Souls/Atlus or is it confirmed limited release or something?
Namco Bandai is the publisher for the Dark Souls series, not Atlus. Not sure if its a limited release, but I don't care since I'm ordering it as a fan of the series since the beginning (Demon's Souls).

What do you guys think the trade in value would be for the game itself? Since I'm trying to pick up ground zero at the month also I'd still like to pick up the CE for DS2 and just buy the game whenver I can for cheap since I preordered for the ps3 when I still had one with me.

In regards to GS and the coupon I just came across this from another thread and plan on using it for my DkS II CE.

It is 20% off a USED game. However, I have done this plenty of times - I purchase a used game, it doesn't matter which one, then I immediately return it for store credit. I then use the credit toward the purchase of my new game, or in this case, my DkS II CE.

I did this a lot w/ the 50% extra trade in bonus and *never* had a problem. Employees were always cool about it. Coupon below is good until March 31st. I suggest getting the store credit before the midnight release. Nobody likes someone that holds up a line during a midnight release lol.

Coupon_zps0460e7a1.jpg
Don't you just get store credit with the 20% discount baked in? So instead of $50 in store credit, you're only getting $40. Or, in other words, exactly what you paid.

To feeding -

I can't quote because I'm on train and on phone.

I did not think that one through lol was thinking about store credit

Apologies everyone for the terrible logic haha

Are there any places left that are offering the PS3 version of the black armor edition?  Really dropped the ball on this one and didn't really pay attention to the game's soon upcoming release date until now.

Are there any places left that are offering the PS3 version of the black armor edition? Really dropped the ball on this one and didn't really pay attention to the game's soon upcoming release date until now.
I preordered the black armor edition from walmart today.

Are there any places left that are offering the PS3 version of the black armor edition? Really dropped the ball on this one and didn't really pay attention to the game's soon upcoming release date until now.
The original post has a number of links that are still accepting pre orders for Black Armor. It is in yellow.

Thanks, I should have looked there first.

Has anyone purchased anything from Overstock/Estarland before?
I wouldn't trust overstock with something like this. Never purchased through Estarland before, but they are all video games.

If I had to pick, it would be Estarland.

Amazon has the PS3 and 360 CE up again, now it's listed at 119$

Also has the 360 Black Armor edition up.

I was able to pre-order in store today @ Best Buy. Online showed OOS, but in store the pre-order card will ring up and let you pre-order. On the back of the card it did say 3/8/14 was the last day that the card would be accepted.

Not sure why I never preordered this for ps3.

Oh well. I have titanfall. And a backlog. I don't need this game right now.
I'm assuming stores are going to have regular editions on the shelves Tuesday. I didn't even know there was a Black Armor edition until yesterday so I'm planning on just getting a regular edition from Best Buy and probably taking part in the jerky deal as long as GCU stacks with it.

Gah, I sent a couple trade ins to Amazon for this promotion but they've been 'Processing' since Wednesday. I was going to wait until that went through before doing my preorder but now it looks like I might be too late.

Anyone know the price of jerky and a coke? Might as well give the jerky a try.
Well the Coke is probably a 20 oz which might run you close to $2 at Best Buy. And I've never bought Perky Jerky before but Amazon has single packs for around $5 depending on the flavor, so you can probably expect it to be a bit more than that.

Does anyone know if BB will have the Dark Souls II Stratagy guides in the store on Tuesday? If so, you could use the $15 gift card from the Perky Jerk/Coke deal to get it for $20. I know amazon has it at that price, but you wouldn't have to pay for shipping or at the very least wait for it to arrive. Thoughts?

Does anyone know if BB will have the Dark Souls II Stratagy guides in the store on Tuesday? If so, you could use the $15 gift card from the Perky Jerk/Coke deal to get it for $20. I know amazon has it at that price, but you wouldn't have to pay for shipping or at the very least wait for it to arrive. Thoughts?
they mostly likely will, since on the release date of final fantasy lighting returns. they had the limited strategy guide available in my local store, when i went to pick up a game.

I know technically dark/demons is the spiritual successor to kings field but have they ever said anything about making a new kings field? I really loved those and keep hoping they will make another one.

How likely do you think Best Buy will have more Black Armor editions in stock than what was pre-ordered on day 1?  I wasn't planning on buying this for a while, but since MGSV is only 2 hours long and is priced at $30 I 'd rather get this instead  :lol:

For some reason I'm thinking all copies of darksouls 2 in the first wave of release are black armor edition because I don't see on any retailer's website where you can buy a standard edition of the game.  Tell me if I'm wrong, so when I go to Best Buy on Tuesday I won't be too disappointed  :lol:

How likely do you think Best Buy will have more Black Armor editions in stock than what was pre-ordered on day 1? I wasn't planning on buying this for a while, but since MGSV is only 2 hours long and is priced at $30 I 'd rather get this instead :lol:

For some reason I'm thinking all copies of darksouls 2 in the first wave of release are black armor edition because I don't see on any retailer's website where you can buy a standard edition of the game. Tell me if I'm wrong, so when I go to Best Buy on Tuesday I won't be too disappointed :lol:
very likely, first copies at all local bestbuy will be black armor editions. unless you plan to get in on the $15 gift card , with the purchase coca cola, and perky jerky promotion in store only. you can just wait till amazon has it back in stock on release date, and save the trip.

At least in my region, there was a coupon on the back page of the Sunday target ad, $15 off a purchase of $40 or more, only excluding pharmacy items. So if those who missed out on preordering a black armor edition wanted to chance out that they would have extras by going when they open on Tuesday or just want $15 off a standard edition, pick up a Sunday paper.

At least in my region, there was a coupon on the back page of the Sunday target ad, $15 off a purchase of $40 or more, only excluding pharmacy items. So if those who missed out on preordering a black armor edition wanted to chance out that they would have extras by going when they open on Tuesday or just want $15 off a standard edition, pick up a Sunday paper.
Is there any way you can scan and share the coupon? It'd be pretty cool.

If not no worries.

Thanks for sharing this! I'll be sure to add to OP and give you credit!

Just updated OP. 

NewEgg is the first retailer to sell out of XBOX 360 Black Armor. Also sold out is the 360 CE. 

In other news ... 

The poll shows that about 170 have voted thus far. Believe it or not, those are actually really good numbers to gauge where the majority of people are purchasing Dark Souls 2. 

To give you an example, 400 people were surveyed to give their opinion on how well they felt their community was doing in terms of safety, education, taxes, etc. The population of said city was 64,000. At first, I thought this was flawed - how can you take such a small sample size and apply it to 64,000 people. 

As it turns out, I spoke to experts in this field and they confirmed 400 people was indeed a good sample size to gauge how the community of 64K felt. I'm only guessing here, but I think DkS II will sell close to 1 million copies in its first week or month. The interest is there, especially after the first DkS. 

Not saying the CAG poll is a large enough sample size, but I do think the votes thus far can give us some perspective. 

That being said, I'm sorta surprised that so few people reserved at GS and the majority reserved at BB. Is it becaue of the Gamers Club that so many people are reserving at Best Buy? I can understand Amazon - no tax and Prime members.

Just curious so here is my question: Why did you choose to reserve your copy at the place you did? 

I picked GS because BB screwed me over the original DkS LE and, more recently, Bravely Default CE (still got a copy on release, though. Got lucky.) That being said, GS has never let me down, which is why I reservd my copy there. 

If you want, please share why you reserved your copy at the place you did. 

I reserved at Gamestop because:

1) I could pay all in credit

2) By paying all in credit I won't pay tax in Florida

3) I plan to use a 15% off used coupon to get it down to $102

bread's done
Back