UPDATED: Dark Souls II Pre Order - OOS: Amazon, Walmart, GS, BB, NewEgg

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
9pSm52M.png

Update 03.10.14

7:10 p.m. CT - just a few more hours until midnight release. 

FRYS.com is SOLD OUT. While you can still add to cart, you will get a notice stating the supply isn't available. Thank you Erabiont for the tip!

Midnight is upon us! I'll be at Gamestop with a bunch of Titanfall lovers, but I'll be there to pick up the real GOTY - Dark Souls 2! 

Update - 03.09.14

XBOX 360 Black Armor edition and CE on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.

You can still get the PS3 Black Armor edition on FRYS.com.  Thanks Guadian_Owl for sharing! 

Update - 03.08.14 -

PS3 Black Armor edition on Best Buy is SOLD OUT.

PS3 Black Armor edition on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.   (Thanks XeroBlade for sharing.)

PS3 Black Armor edition on Walmart is SOLD OUT. 

PS3 Black Armor edition on Amazon is SOLD OUT.

Gamestop no longer taking in store preorders for either CE or Black Armor. 

eStarland is still taking preorders for PS3 Black Armor edition. 

Also ...

PC system requirments (via Polygon). PC release date is April 25.

------> Get $10 cash back or $12 credit via Green Man Gaming when you buy DkS II for $49.99.

Update - 03.07.14 -

Big news .... Gamestop is no longer taking in store pre orders for the CE or the Black Armor nationwide. "We're sold out."

You can still get the CE online through GS website. However, Black Armor edition is not showing up. Links to retailers still taking pre orders for Black Armor edition is in yellow bellow. (Just scroll down this OP)

Meanwhile, searches on Best Buy for Black Armor or CE were showing up empty. However, the website is still showing you can preorder either online. You have to search "Dark Souls ii" and not use the number 2. Weird. Thanks to midloo for pointing this out.

Just saying .... Last time DkS came out with a LE, NamcoBro had a huge SNAFU, as many didn't get their LEs. 

Update - 03.06.14

Amazon is selling the official, hardcover strategy guide for $21. Gamestop and other places are selling it for $35. Thanks to CAG user cruzadel for sharing this. 

This just in thanks to CAG user Xellos2099. 

Namco is selling the PC CE for $109.95. It includes everything as the regular CE, but you get a digital version of the game and a t-shirt. You can pre order it here. I am not sure if they charge for shipping. There is also a section for promo codes, but I don't know of any. If you do, please share. 

Update - 03.05.14: 

Amazon is currently sold out of the PS3 Black Armored Edition. Earlier, the CE was sold out as well, but has since returned to stock (as of 03/05). While I think those geting the Black Armor through Amazon will get it no problem, I should warn some about getting the CE. 

Just look at horror from the Bravely Default CE. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Meanwhile, BB has no in store pickup ATM. 

Because Titanfall is also coming out on March 11, GS will have a midnight release for DkS II. I spoke to an employee who said they wouldn't have done the midnight release for souls if it wasn't for Titanfall. It just so happens both come out on same day. Praise the Sun. 

Also, you can save $5 by preordering the CE through Target. The Black Armor Edition is sold out however. To get the savings, click here, then checkout. If you do Target's credit card, you can save an additional 5%. Not too shabby. Link to Target DkS II CE: 

Some reviews have come in - 

Four different reviewers from Famitsu gave it a 9, 10, 9 and 9 out of 10, or a 37/40. Impressive. The previous Dark Souls received the same score. 

Meanwhile, one German magazine, M! Game, gave Dark Souls II a 90/100 and also said it is the "hardest game in the word." M! gave the first Dark Souls an 81/100. 

The CE also comes with some in game items, actually, a lot of in game items. Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess I'll take them. 

In other news, From Software said it has no plans for DLC for the game. I'm cool with this. 

If you are looking to join a Dark Souls community to talk strategy, then you can check out this forum. I've been a part of it since original release and members really get into this game here. Everyone is really kind and helpful and some people do spreadsheets with crazy data and stuff. 

It is a medium sized community, which I like. Your questions get answered and not buried a la Gamefaqs, but to each their own. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLACES YOU CAN STiLL PRE ORDER BLACK ARMOR EDITION ( as of 03.07.14) Thanks to @lookatthat for sharing!

ps3:

http://www.estarland...duct.41844.html

http://www.overstock...tml?searchidx=0

http://www.frys.com/product/7998180?source=googleps&gclid=COGeiL7vhL0CFS1p7AodMwoAVQ (added 03.09.14)

xbox 360

http://www.estarland...duct.41845.html

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+black+armor1&_dynSessConf=ATG22126305800&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+360

http://www.amazon.co...ds=dark souls 2

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=dark+souls+2&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874156044

http://www.play-asia...en-70-7g8z.html

http://www.gohasting...ts#.Uxo4BIWPNWI

http://www.overstock...19/product.html

Earlier, Sept. 23, 2013: 

What joy! It's finally here! Dark Souls II Limited Edition! 

dark_souls_2_collectors_edition_ce.jpg

It's already being dubbed "prepare to be broke" edition. Selling for $119.99. Last time, From Software gave everyone who preordered Dark Souls a free upgrade to the collector's edition, but for those of us that remember, there was one big SNAFU with that. (People didn't get their LEs, unless they preordered at Gamestop, for the most part.)

I'm dropping the big bucks on this. I don't care. This is my favorite game of this console generation. Here's what it comes with, from Joystiq:

"The Collector Edition is priced at $119.99 and includes a cloth map of the game's world, an art book and a 12" Warrior Knight figurine. It also contains the Black Armor edition of Dark Souls 2, meaning you'll have a soundtrack and metal case to go with the steeled will any Dark Souls fan undoubtedly harbors." 

Amazon is taking preorders here

Just went to my local GameStop and preordered it there. I'll be there at midnight. 

I should note, GS requires a minimum $25 to preorder the CE. 

Also, considering how From Software is notorious for messing up pre orders, and how insane the Souls community is, this might be one of those "you snooze you lose" type deals. Then again, this could be $79.99 three months after release. I did a poll on a Dark Souls forum, and pretty much everyone is getting the CE. Then again, those guys are like me. Also, I recommend PS3 version. Just my two bits. 360 version just as good, but more Souls fans play on PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever said they are calling in sick ... I honestly thought about doing that. Still am, but I most likely will not. I start work at 4pm on the 11th. So, can stay up super late tonight and game out. Which I plan on doing. Still, would be nice to wake up and play video games. 

I thought about taking the day off. But with a 1 year old I wouldn't get much gaming done if I did that. So no playing hooky for me.

Getting the game early helps with that. ;)
Hey I saw your signature, is that a thread to discuss battle and strategy and what not, I sorta scrolled through it and saw news and art - which is awesome.

I've tried starting similar forums on CAG with little success, beyond pre orders and deals, there it is hard to get a good discussion going on actual game play. Let me know or PM me. Huge souls fan.

Hey I saw your signature, is that a thread to discuss battle and strategy and what not, I sorta scrolled through it and saw news and art - which is awesome.

I've tried starting similar forums on CAG with little success, beyond pre orders and deals, there it is hard to get a good discussion going on actual game play. Let me know or PM me. Huge souls fan.
Yes it is. Hmm, your threads fail because there usually is one in the sub-forums already.

Looks like Newegg preorders for both 360 and PS3 Black Armor are back up.

Looks like Newegg preorders for both 360 and PS3 Black Armor are back up.
Thanks!!

Got the PS3 version and now I"m going to cancel my Frys.com order that got backordered

Will play some Titanfall until my copy comes in the mail

Picked up the CE. Mine has some tips in the box. It's not very sturdy so a lot will probably have some dings. It's really big too, and doesn't seem packed very tightly so stuff moves around in there. Gonna be hard to get a pristine one.

I really don't care much at this point.

Well it looks like I pre ordered too late. Just left with a regular edition. Now I'm debating opening it or waiting to see if I can find the black armor edition somewhere else.

Anyone do the Black Armor Edition at BB and buy the jerky and soda and get the $15 GC?  I was wondering how much the jerky was.

Free $15 Gift Card
when you buy Dark Souls II, Perky Jerky and a Coke.

Just got my CE, looks amazing. Glad I didnt give in to my hesitations (Plus only having to pay 5$ out of pocket helped too).

Now I just hope Best Buy has the guides in tomorrow so I can PM Amazon.

Also looked like quite a few people at my store got stuck with the Standard. Atleast a good 40+

I went to Best Buy instead of GameStop since the line was shorter. When I finally got inside I only saw the regular PS3 version, so I thought I was gonna have to settle for that. Thankfully they had two Black Armor editions next to the cash register and I got the last one!

I'm so happy I was able to get it, haha. Whew.

Well it looks like I pre ordered too late. Just left with a regular edition. Now I'm debating opening it or waiting to see if I can find the black armor edition somewhere else.
Where did you get it from? I'm about ready to get a PS3 Black Armor edition off the shelf from Wal-Mart. Hoping Best Buy will have that version on the shelf in the morning so I can take back this copy to them and take advantage of GCU and the jerky deal.

EDIT: Had the clerk give me the regular edition instead to be safe.

Well I'm going to get my head right and then head over to BBY. Time to battle the line of Titanfall to get my DS CE. I'll try to get the $15 GC and report back on what happens.

I better not get screwed out of my black armor edition by customer pickup at best buy tomorrow morning. Instead of picking it up tomorrow after work I'm going to work late to make sure I get my copy because I'm paranoid.

I had no idea the BA edition would be rare. Oh well. I had it preordered awhile back and thought I'd pass. Now I want it. None of the GS' around here have any in stock lol. Oh well.

I was gonna get BA edition just for the steel case, but then I just like normal edition case art much better.

They could've switched it and make standard case art for BA edition, because it looks better.

This is why I reserve the big boy games at GS - this thing is pristine. 

Also, REALLY surprised how big the figure is. This thing is heavy. Does not feel cheap. 

There were like 60-70 people at my GS, most for Titanfall. Here it is!

Side note, I will be MIA for a while ... 

IMAG0309_zpsd6vk33a0.jpg

Yes, lol ... Big boy game. I set myself up for that one

I don't care I have .... My precious ....

Just waiting for the Download and install

And on a side note, a box with a giant action figure is for big boys lol

They have been down for the past few days. Can likely assume they will be up at 12am PST.

Here's a nice up close look at the Japanese Collector's Edition miniture weapons.

Retailed for 15,800 yen ($158).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNz-oIViVnI

There's only 12 people at BBY for Titanfall. I was expecting more and looks like I'm the only person getting Dark Souls 2.

Anyone do the Black Armor Edition at BB and buy the jerky and soda and get the $15 GC? I was wondering how much the jerky was.

Free $15 Gift Card
when you buy Dark Souls II, Perky Jerky and a Coke.
I tried doing this and was told this offer is valid for store orders only.
However they offered to do a return and rebuy. Didn't have the patience being this late since the profit would be just around $7-$8.

Tried playing the game online and received error. Server seems to be not up yet. As someone mentioned it would be up at 12am PDT.
They can launch game at midnight local time but cannot get server up :/

If I preordered the BA version, that's what I'm going to get right? I preordered at BB. I was going to pick it up after work tomorrow but now I'm worried that they didn't get enough or something. I got an email saying it'll be ready tomorrow so maybe I'm fine . . .

So I got the gift card deal. They cancelled my pick up and everything scanned perfectly. Total was $110.65 and a $15 GC. I love GCU.

Also saw these guys having a hard time getting their Titanfall CE on the car so I helped them out. That box is insane.

So I got the gift card deal. They cancelled my pick up and everything scanned perfectly. Total was $110.65 and a $15 GC. I love GCU.

Also saw these guys having a hard time getting their Titanfall CE on the car so I helped them out. That box is insane.
how was the perky jerky?

Those that went tonight how many extra BA editions did you find? I'll buy it now if I can get one. In store for ps3, but I'll wait on the regular. Steel book/metal packs have an effect on me

how was the perky jerky?
Haven't tried it yet but will tomorrow. The Dr. Pepper is fantastic though. Also I just unboxed this CE and I'm very impressed with it. The art book is a lot better quality than the last one. My in store pickup sticker peeled off very easy with no box damage. So glad I ordered at BBY.

Picked up my CE of Dark Souls and I am also very impressed with it especially the figure it's really solid and has a nice weight to it. Played it for a few hours game is awesome I got to that first small town (Majul) I think and there is a monument you can inspect which tells you real time deaths for everyone online and it was at 37,800 so far lol.

Got both of my Black Armor editions (PS360). The game is ruthless. 

The graphics are a huge disappointment. I know PC is the lead platform, but I can't believe they left their console roots so untilled. Everything is so ugly the second you get anywhere close to it. 

Got both of my Black Armor editions (PS360). The game is ruthless.

The graphics are a huge disappointment. I know PC is the lead platform, but I can't believe they left their console roots so untilled. Everything is so ugly the second you get anywhere close to it.
I don't think it looks better or worse than Dark Souls 1 on consoles. I still don't get why the PC version didn't come out first or at least at the same time if it was really the "lead" platform.

Everything is just grainy and muddy and the textures are seriously awful. The first time you walk into the horizon to see majula looks nothing like it did in all the previews. I should've known all that stuff was using PC footage, but I really wanted to believe. 

Just wait for the inevitable PS4/XboxOne version next year with upgraded graphics and stuffs... I can't wait to pick up my 360 copy along with that perky jerky!

Never done a CE pickup before; If the box is damaged, is there any way to ask for an exchange? Or do they mark that one as yours somehow when you order it?

Everything is just grainy and muddy and the textures are seriously awful. The first time you walk into the horizon to see majula looks nothing like it did in all the previews. I should've known all that stuff was using PC footage, but I really wanted to believe.
Very glad I paid little attention outside of watching a few trailers and 10 minutes of beta footage. Can't be disappointed with no expections. :)

Graphics haven't sold me a game in years. I can handle average graphics on PS3 for the gameplay and community. Eventually I'll get it on PC to see what the game looks like without 8 year-old console limitations.

Does anyone know how much say the developer has in the footage and screenshots shown? In truth, the coverage is for a game that releases on April 25th.

bread's done
Back