UPDATED: Deals at Overstock: SC: Chaos Theory (GC) $7, Otogi 2 (Xbox) $12, and more!

lpj8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I hope this isn't a repost:

Click here:
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (GC) $7
Free shipping code: 85704
It should come out to 7 bucks shipped.
Not a bad deal for a great game.

Other deals (Thanks Mattcube64, Pookymeister1234, illennium, megaseadramon):

:xbox:
007: Everything or Nothing
$8 $10
Cold Fear $8
Doom 3 $12 Collector's Edition $18
Dynasty Warriors 5 $18
Fatal Frame 2 $17
Godzilla: Save the Earth $10
Gun $15
King of Figthers 2002/2003 $16
NBA Street Vol. 3 $12
Time Splitters: Future Perfect $13
Total Overdose $12
Ultimate Spiderman $12
Wireless Arcade Stick $11
Xbox DVD Kit $8
[OOS]Darkwatch $10
[OOS]Indigo Prophecy $12
[OOS]Otogi II $12
[OOS]Sid Meier's: Pirates $12
[OOS]Suffering: The Ties that Bind $8

:ps2:
Beyond Good & Evil $12.49
The Getaway $10
Guilty Gear Isuka $16
Headhunter: Redemption $6
King of Fighters Maximum Impact Collector's Edition $10
Killzone $12
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal $12
Syphon Filter $10
Time Splitters: Future Perfect $12
Wild Arms III $11
[OOS]Digital Devil Saga 2 $22
「OOS]Resident Evil Chainsaw Controller $20
[OOS]Ultimate Spiderman Limited Edition $19.30

:gc:
Fight Night Round 2 $11
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death $8
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory $7
True Crime NYC $12
X-Men Legends II $13

:ds:
Pac N Roll $13.61

:psp:
GripShift $12

:gba:
Rampart/Gauntlet $8
Rayman 10th Anniversary $13
Spy Hunter/Super Sprint $8

:pc:
Everquest II (CD) $6.50
[OOS]Quake IV Collector's Edition $14.30

icon1.gif
Strat Guide Deals
Atelier Iris 2 Guide - $10.49
Kingdom Hearts 2 Guide - $12.34

[quote name='io']I don't know how you guys got such fast shipping. Mine still says "accepted" in the Order Status page and it turns out I was right - they do use the same electronic shipping method as when you use Paypal, but they are even slower about it. After 3 days my tracking info went from "number not found" to "Electronic Shipping Info Received" just today. So, NOW they need to get it in the mail, and THEN media mail could take up to 2 weeks :D. Oh well, I wasn't planning on playing these games this weekend or anything.[/QUOTE]
Same with me on the Electronic Shipping Info Recieved...I wish I wouldnt have been so cheap and just paid for decent shipping...ah well...glad I ordered 2 games so I dont get the ultra crappy packaging.

[quote name='whoknows']Same with me on the Electronic Shipping Info Recieved...I wish I wouldnt have been so cheap and just paid for decent shipping...ah well...glad I ordered 2 games so I dont get the ultra crappy packaging.[/QUOTE]

I added Legend of Kay in with my DDS 2 so I thought I was going to be OK, but it looks like they generated 2 different tracking numbers for the 2 games - thus they were sent separately in crappy packaging :cry:. Hopefully my DDS2 will make it through without too much damage.

[quote name='io']I added Legend of Kay in with my DDS 2 so I thought I was going to be OK, but it looks like they generated 2 different tracking numbers for the 2 games - thus they were sent separately in crappy packaging :cry:. Hopefully my DDS2 will make it through without too much damage.[/QUOTE]
That really sucks, but I think you should send them a hate email about their crappy packaging, who knows, you might get something out of it.

For me though, it looks like I have the same DC# for both games, so I hope I'm ok.

[quote name='mattcube64']So, my RE4 chainsaw controller will ship in a nice big box by itself, though, correct?[/quote]

It should. The crap packaging can only hold small items like a DVD or CD's.

[quote name='depascal22']I got all my games excpet for Otogi 2 today. They were packaged very well. I can't wait to get home to play them tonight.[/QUOTE]
If you dont mind me asking what day did you order? Mine is still at the Electronic Shipping Info sent page and I ordered on Monday I think. I just wonder how long it will take.

[quote name='whoknows']If you dont mind me asking what day did you order? Mine is still at the Electronic Shipping Info sent page and I ordered on Monday I think. I just wonder how long it will take.[/quote]

No problem at all. I ordered around 1530 EST on Monday. It was on door step about 1030 EST today.

I'll say it again. This is the best deal of the year. I'm glad that I kept my receipt for KOF: 02/03 that I bought at Gamestop a week ago.

[quote name='whoknows']If you dont mind me asking what day did you order? Mine is still at the Electronic Shipping Info sent page and I ordered on Monday I think. I just wonder how long it will take.[/QUOTE]

Are you on the West Coast? Sounds like all the Eastern-types (to me anything east of the Rockies is the East Coast - none of this "midwest" crap, there ain't nothin' western about them :D ) got their games quickly. They are probably shipping from there. With media mail, and being on the West Coast it could take a wide range of times... We'll see.

yea.. well im on east cost, in nyc, and still all i got was that usps electronic shipping info thing. ordered monday afternoon, this is pissin me off. Ordered 6 games, doesn't look like they comin any time soon. Last time i ordered from overstock, i got like 10 books, those took over 2 months and numerous phone calls to solve the problem.

[quote name='psychoxfoo']yea.. well im on east cost, in nyc, and still all i got was that usps electronic shipping info thing. ordered monday afternoon, this is pissin me off. Ordered 6 games, doesn't look like they comin any time soon. Last time i ordered from overstock, i got like 10 books, those took over 2 months and numerous phone calls to solve the problem.[/QUOTE]

Well, of course, if they don't drop them in the mail, being across the river don't help you :D. Since most of this stuff is OOS there won't be much we can do if the shipments are 'lost' or 'misplaced'.

I'm in Colorado and I checked and it finally changed from the Electronic notification status, its in Denver which is about 40mins away from where I am. Looks like I'll probably get the games tomorrow.

What the hell, I ordered Indigo Prophecy on the first day, same as the rest of you, and mine's still sitting in Illinois. WTF is that?

I'm in CO, and according to the DC status that finally changed it left Denver (about 40mins away), so it looks like I'll be recieving tomorrow.

Yay.

Sweet, I ordered 3 games, all of which were out the door already the day after I ordered so hopefully I'll be seeing them today when I get home. :razz: It's going to be a good weekend... now if only overstock had Gran Turismo 4 for $10 like Amazon/TRU is doing, I'd be the happiest gamer for this year. :pray:

I placed my order Monday morning, maybe noonish. I just checked and, according to the USPS tracking, it arrived this morning. Yeah!

I'm in Washington DC.

[quote name='megaseadramon']Im in AZ and I got my game today and I ordered the day this came on CAG.[/quote]

Another AZer confirming the arrival of the package, mine being Romancing SaGa and TimeSplitters.

Although oddly enough, my deal o' the day Everything or Nothing hasn't arrived yet...

So what's the popular opinion on DDS2??

Should this be grabbed now for 20-25$ or will it still be around months for now at a lower price?

I've got DDS1, but haven't platyed it yet.....damn Culdcept.....may force me to buy an XBOX360

[quote name='lvgamer1']So what's the popular opinion on DDS2??

Should this be grabbed now for 20-25$ or will it still be around months for now at a lower price?

I've got DDS1, but haven't platyed it yet.....damn Culdcept.....may force me to buy an XBOX360[/quote]

You should grab it - but can't....since its not in stock. If you know anywhere else to buy it for 20-25, please share.

Well, my DDS2 and Legend of Kay came today, together, even though they provided different tracking numbers on the order page. Also, they came via priority mail - so all that discussion of media mail before is moot! :D

One minor dissapointment - the DDS2 is just a regular game case - isn't this in a "collector's edition" everywhere else it is sold (seems it is at GC that way anyway)? I was sure the Overstock picture showed the collector's version - but of course, now, the page is gone.

Edit - On my order page they definitely show the collector's edition box next to the part number. Also, my tracking info STILL says "electronic shipping info received" - not delivered!

[quote name='io']Well, my DDS2 and Legend of Kay came today, together, even though they provided different tracking numbers on the order page. Also, they came via priority mail - so all that discussion of media mail before is moot! :D

One minor dissapointment - the DDS2 is just a regular game case - isn't this in a "collector's edition" everywhere else it is sold (seems it is at GC that way anyway)? I was sure the Overstock picture showed the collector's version - but of course, now, the page is gone.[/quote]

Im pretty sure that DDS1 is "deluxe' edition only, so you can fit the DDS2 case inside its special box.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Im pretty sure that DDS1 is "deluxe' edition only, so you can fit the DDS2 case inside its special box.[/QUOTE]

The problem is, the DDS1 I was eyeing (waiting for a used game deal at the store it is at) is disc only...

There is only a regular version of DDS2. It has a double-sided coverart. Perhaps you got the yellowish demon group shot. If you flip the cover, you will see the same whitish art as the image at overstock.

Did they still use the 'cardboard sandwich' to mail your DDS but via Priority mail?

[quote name='io']The problem is, the DDS1 I was eyeing (waiting for a used game deal at the store it is at) is disc only...[/quote]
The next problem is, game stores often throw away the deluxe box and leave only the game on the shelf.

If you want the deluxe case, your best bet is to try the trade forum, or go ebay.

I know ive seen the box sitting on a Gamestop shelf near me. That was 'new'. Think i saw a used complete copy at another the other day too.

[quote name='eau']There is only a regular version of DDS2. It has a double-sided coverart. Perhaps you got the yellowish demon group shot. If you flip the cover, you will see the same whitish art as the image at overstock.

Did they still use the 'cardboard sandwich' to mail your DDS but via Priority mail?[/QUOTE]

Interesting - ah, I see. The problem is that the white cover (which is what Overstock shows) looks a lot like the "Deluxe" box DDS1 comes in, whereas the one I got has the yellow cover. It is still sealed - did they release some with the other cover showing (I know I can open it and flip it but just wondering if they all came this way)?

As for the packaging - it came in a nice big box. But I also got Legend of Kay with it. Like I said before, they showed different tracking numbers, but they ended up coming together. Wierd. So I guess the lesson learned is to order 2 games from Overstock and hope they ship them together. Then they'll send them priority in a nice box instead of media in a paper bag :lol:.

[quote name='io']Interesting - ah, I see. The problem is that the white cover (which is what Overstock shows) looks a lot like the "Deluxe" box DDS1 comes in, whereas the one I got has the yellow cover. It is still sealed - did they release some with the other cover showing (I know I can open it and flip it but just wondering if they all came this way)?

As for the packaging - it came in a nice big box. But I also got Legend of Kay with it. Like I said before, they showed different tracking numbers, but they ended up coming together. Wierd. So I guess the lesson learned is to order 2 games from Overstock and hope they ship them together. Then they'll send them priority in a nice box instead of media in a paper bag :lol:.[/quote]
Yeah. Not sure why but I've seen the yellow cover in one store and the white cover in another store.

Interesting, overstock combined the two orders into one shipment, but gave out two different tracking numbers. I guess no complain for a nice box by priority mail instead of 2 paper bags by media mail :lol:

Just received Indigo Prophecy, Otogi 2, and Quake 4 CE today. (I also finally received that Paper Mario I ordered from Best Buy all those months back for 9.99).

Thanks Op!

Darkwatch and Suffering: Ties That Bind arrived today, shipped in the plastic-sling-sandwich box, shipped priority mail.

Woot for the free priority shipping.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']You should grab it - but can't....since its not in stock. If you know anywhere else to buy it for 20-25, please share.[/quote]

Even when overstock was, well, out of stock, I saw DDS2 on amazon (straykatmedia) for $20.00 + shipping.

It's gone now, of course.....I'll have to grab the next deal.

Got my Suffering Ties That Bind (PS2) and Timesplitters Future Perfect (PS2) today as well...I'm pretty happy with how much I paid for both of them.

Another reason why CAG is so awesome.

Yipee, got my RE4 chainsaw today. Came in a big box via Priority mail, and it is in perfect condition. This ain't gonna have its seal broken anytime soon.

[quote name='spankmenow420']RE4 Chainsaw control is worthless. Honestly, these will be available for a long time.[/quote]

Oh, I know. I don't ever expect I will make any money off of it. I just don't even have a PS2, so I might as well make it look nice by keeping it sealed.:)

I got in my first 2 games yesterday (KOF:Maximum Impact and Capcom Fighting Evolution) and my second 2 today (Beatdown and Romancing Saga). Each set was shipped in a nice big box with tons of paper for padding, Priority Mail. I'm still waiting on a Headhunter: Redemption & Timesplitters: FP I snagged for $9.xx total after coupons. I ordered one Weds night & the other Thurs morning, so not sure if those will ship together or not.

I've been extremely pleased with this sale so far. :D

[quote name='Labombadog']I grabbed a copy of Fatal Frame 2: Directors Cut. Im a big horror genre fan. :)

Thanks! w00t[/quote]

now if that's backward compatible ;(

Anyone receive Sly Cooper 2 and know whether it's a Greatest Hits copy? I'll probably order it anyway but I'm curious. Thanks.

Are you gonna buy it or are you just curious? We'll just say your bi-curious.

[quote name='sanjuro']Anyone receive Sly Cooper 2 and know whether it's a Greatest Hits copy? I'll probably order it anyway but I'm curious. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankmenow420 View Original
RE4 Chainsaw control is worthless. Honestly, these will be available for a long time.

[quote name='mattcube64']Oh, I know. I don't ever expect I will make any money off of it. I just don't even have a PS2, so I might as well make it look nice by keeping it sealed.:)[/QUOTE]

sold out. OOS. anyways, i think its just for display purposes too. unless you're into that sorta thing.

I broke down yesterday and ordered Sly 2 and Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal for PS2 and Ultimate Spider-Man for Xbox. 3 awesome games for just $34 shipped! CAG rocks. I'll see what kind of packaging I get.

bread's done
Back