[UPDATED] Dell B130 (Very basic) $479 shipped, still NEED opinions today!!!

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
After looking months and months on Dell.com, scdoanintendo helped me find this:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/basnb_b130?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

The total with tax and free shipping after $45 off coupon makes it $479. Now I'm on a tight budget, but have been needing a laptop for a while. I wasn't able to pick one up at the Black Friday sales so I'm really looking into this one.

What do you all think? I will defiantly be using it for web browsing, possibly some gaming (I'm not a huge gamer, just play occassionally), and just regular daily use. Any advice on whethet it's a good deal or if I could find something somewhere else better? That link above is the laptop, and it's $479 with nothing upgraded, so just basic specs, nothing special:

Intel® Celeron® M Processor 360 (1.40 GHz/1MB Cache/400MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
15.4in WXGA Display
256MB DDR2 SDRAM 1 Dimm
Integrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics
40GB Hard Drive
Internal 56K Modem and Integrated Network Card
24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
FREE Upgrade! Dell 1370 Internal Wireless (802.11b/g, 54Mbps)
4-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (29 WHr)
Free Dell Color Printer 720

Total Price: $479.42

So I need opinion by tomorrow because the deal ends then. Also do you in your opinion think there could be better deals from Dell? Also, I've been wondering about the graphics card, any idea how good (or bad) that card is and what could be run off it?

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Well you can register here http://dell.eprize.net/regifting and try to win a coupon. They had some $45 off of $500 coupons but I can't seem to win one. If you can I would wait till after Christmas sales.[/QUOTE]

Do you think the prices will lower or they'll have some better deals after Christmas? This may be a dumb question, but people where saying the prices would lower after Thanksgiving sales, but that didn't happen, and I need a laptop sometime within the next month or so.

[quote name='.JPG']Do you think the prices will lower or they'll have some better deals after Christmas? This may be a dumb question, but people where saying the prices would lower after Thanksgiving sales, but that didn't happen, and I need a laptop sometime within the next month or so.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think they will lower right after Christmas. They were pretty cheap around Thanksgiving, then were highered around Dec. 5 . They had $650 notebooks with free printer for around $450-$400 shipped.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Yeah I think they will lower right after Christmas. They were pretty cheap around Thanksgiving, then were highered around Dec. 5 . They had $650 notebooks with free printer for around $450-$400 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Well then I'll probably wait, the sooner the better, but I'd rather pay less and get it after. Any estimated time that they may go down after Christmas? Any certain amount of days? Thanks for all your help.

[quote name='.JPG']Well then I'll probably wait, the sooner the better, but I'd rather pay less and get it after. Any estimated time that they may go down after Christmas? Any certain amount of days? Thanks for all your help.[/QUOTE]

I'd say right after Christmans or after New Years the latest.

Dell.com has a pretty decent computer for about $455 shipped with a 15.4 WS display, got one for my sister,here's how

Here's what's free with it
Printer = $50 = free
Wireless card (b/g) = $15 = free
2 day shipping = $59 = free *Make sure when you select your payment method you pick this or if will keep the free ground shipping as default.

Here's the price normal price for the laptop and the sale price
Normal price = $649 Sale price = $499

Go to ebay.com and buy a $45 off of $400 or more coupon this seller has some
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5646356398&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Then go to this address for the laptop
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=iB130s1&s=dhs

Specs here
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_basnb?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Total
$455 shipped and I did not have to pay taxes. Not the best computer ( needs more RAM and bigger HD) but pretty good and compares to those BF laptops.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Dell.com has a pretty decent computer for about $455 shipped with a 15.4 WS display, got one for my sister,here's how

Here's what's free with it
Printer = $50 = free
Wireless card (b/g) = $15 = free
2 day shipping = $59 = free *Make sure when you select your payment method you pick this or if will keep the free ground shipping as default.

Here's the price normal price for the laptop and the sale price
Normal price = $649 Sale price = $499

Go to ebay.com and buy a $45 off of $400 or more coupon this seller has some
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5646356398&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Then go to this address for the laptop
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=iB130s1&s=dhs

Specs here
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_basnb?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Total
$455 shipped and I did not have to pay taxes. Not the best computer ( needs more RAM and bigger HD) but pretty good and compares to those BF laptops.[/QUOTE]

Woah, very nice. I actually might jump on this, you think this is the lowest something like this would get? Also how did you get it without tax? Is that after you add the coupon?

[quote name='.JPG']Woah, very nice. I actually might jump on this, you think this is the lowest something like this would get? Also how did you get it without tax? Is that after you add the coupon?[/QUOTE]

I'd say this is one of the lowest. The free 2nd day shipping is really expensive. As far as the tax they just didn't charge me. Btw the ship date for my order isn't until the 27th but of the stuff I've ordered from Dell they usually exaggerate on shipping dates.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']I'd say this is one of the lowest. The free 2nd day shipping is really expensive. As far as the tax they just didn't charge me. Btw the ship date for my order isn't until the 27th but of the stuff I've ordered from Dell they usually exaggerate on shipping dates.[/QUOTE]

Dang it, checked on tax, lucky you, Indiana doesn't get charged sales tax, but Wisconsin does...

"The amount of tax and shipping added to your order depends on where you have asked for the product to be shipped as well as on which products you've chosen to purchase. Dell Catalog Sales LP currently collects applicable sales tax in California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. In other states, the purchaser is responsible for remitting the use tax on all taxable items to the appropriate state tax authorities. Dell does collect sales tax for On-Site Service contracts in all applicable states."

Well either way I think it's a sweet deal and it's going to last over the weekend so I have a few days to decide, be a fun Christmas present to myself, I've been needing one for a while now, just waiting for the right time to jump on a deal...

Need advice on this laptop, can anyone tell me what they think of it. I want a Dell Inspiron 9300 now the regular price is $2003 + shipping ( $50 or so ) and price for me after coupons and free shipping is $1153 what do you guys think? I also plan to pay this with my Dell P. account for fee interest for 12 months. Should I just wait or is this a deal? Here are the specs.

Inspiron 9300 Qty 1
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 770 (2.13 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB), Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 Unit Price $2,003.00
Dell Home Customers: $100 Off Select Intel Pentium M Processor Upgrades!
Expires Wednesday, December 21, 2005 View Details
- $100.00
Select Inspiron affiliate offer save $750 off $1999+ (Affiliate only)
LIMITED TIME OFFER! View Details Remove Coupon
- $750.00
Catalog Number: 29
Module Description Show Details
Inspiron 9300 Intel® Pentium® M Processor 770 (2.13 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
Operating System (Office software not included) Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Display 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
Memory 512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm
Video Card ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X300 64MB HyperMemory™
Hard Drive 80GB 5400rpmHard Drive
Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
CD/DVD Drives 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
Wireless Networking Card Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)
Office Software (not included in Windows XP) No productivity suite- Corel WordPerfect word processor only
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) No Security Subscription
Primary Battery 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (53 WHr)
Hardware Warranty 1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr Mail-In Service, and 1Yr HW Warranty Support
Dial-Up Internet Access 6 Months of America Online Membership Included
Miscellaneous Award Winning Service & Support
Financial Software No QuickBooks package selected - includes limited use trial
Operating System Backup & Recovery PC Restore recovery system by Symantec
Dell Digital Entertainment Starter Entertainment Pack - Basic digital Music, Photo and Game experience
TOTAL:$1,153.00
Additional Discounts and Coupons
Dell Home Customers: FREE GROUND SHIPPING!

Limited Time Offer! View Details

Total Price
Sub-total $1,153.00
Shipping & Handling --
Tax --
Total Price --

I just ordered it. If anyone would like to know how here it is. I played this game

http://dell.eprize.net/regifting

Won the $100 off of $1500 or more, applied this coupon $750 off $2000 or more( credit to ecoupons )

Coupon Code: CC2$$MRTCWJ5FD [Exp: 12/21 5:59am CST]

and they are offering free 2nd day or ground shipping and free processor upgrade or $100 off of each processor. Might be something better coming up but this is a pretty good deal as well.

Just a bit of advice. If possible, try to stay away from Celeron processors, and get Centrino ones. The centrino processor might be listed as Pentium M as well. The Celeron ones eat up the battery quickly and doesn't offer similar processing power. You might save a few hundred dollars but its definitely not worth it in the long run.

[quote name='greenbags125']Just a bit of advice. If possible, try to stay away from Celeron processors, and get Centrino ones. The centrino processor might be listed as Pentium M as well. The Celeron ones eat up the battery quickly and doesn't offer similar processing power. You might save a few hundred dollars but its definitely not worth it in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunetly I thought the same thing, but in your opinion, what do you think about the rest of the computer and can you give me the slightest advice on what the Integrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics?

I've been looking toward getting a Centrino, but there haven't seemed to be any deals on them yet.

[quote name='.JPG']Unfortunetly I thought the same thing, but in your opinion, what do you think about the rest of the computer and can you give me the slightest advice on what the Integrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics?

I've been looking toward getting a Centrino, but there haven't seemed to be any deals on them yet.[/QUOTE]

Celeron and Centrino processors are not even in the same class. Celeron processors are based upon antiquated chipsets/processors while Centrino is at the forefront of portable graphics. The integrated graphics are vastly different from one another. Just an example. The Intel graphics with the P4 3GHz can run Half Life 2 at medium graphics. A celeron can barely run the older Medal of Honor games. While I do not have the exact stats for Celeron and Centrino, rest assured that they are leagues apart.

If you have the funds, get a centrino. Celeron processors lose power real quickly. Store displays are always the newest but they become slow very, very quickly (1-2 years).

bread's done
Back