Updated my XBOX 360 with new update and then three red lights, anyone else?

CleveNC23

CAG Veteran
I updated my XBOX 360 the day the new update and the next day I go to cut on the system and play Gears 2 and my system has the three red lights flashing.

Has anyone else had this problem since they updated or is it just weird timing?

I figured it was just bad luck, but I wanted to make sure it isn't an update issue.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Malik, already did, sent it off today. I'm sure with the thanksgiving holiday, I will be lucky to get it back anytime soon.

The timing just sucks, I had just bought Gears 2, Call of Duty: World at War, and Fallout 3.

Why couldn't it break over the summer when there wasn't really any good games out.

STUPID XBOX!

From my experience it takes about 3 weeks from send to get, unless they've increased their productivity from a year ago.

There are reports of the NXE RRODing and locking up systems. Mine locked HARD last night during Fallout, but I'm not convinced that it's not the disk that my son got his fingerprints all over.

[quote name='benjamouth']It was a couple of weeks for me from send to receive fixed 360. Say 10 working days.[/QUOTE]

I used the shipping label that was emailed to me and I'd say that it took about 10 working days from me sending the old console out to me playing my replacement.

When I sent mine in from the time I shipped it, I sent it on a Saturday and had it back the following Friday.

[quote name='CleveNC23']Thanks Malik, already did, sent it off today. I'm sure with the thanksgiving holiday, I will be lucky to get it back anytime soon.

The timing just sucks, I had just bought Gears 2, Call of Duty: World at War, and Fallout 3.

Why couldn't it break over the summer when there wasn't really any good games out.

STUPID XBOX![/quote]

yeah..thats why i have 2 xbox 360s!

NXE working good, No 3 Red Lights Yet but alot of Random Freezing. Sometimes it snaps out of it sometimes I have to manually power down.

Thankgoodness I ripped the Previous Dashboard update from Microsoft's site

So I can Undo the NXE if I have to at a later date if I have to or If I want to.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/hardware/x/xbox360hddvdplayer/

Also this is the closest I could find to the Update should be the same thing. Because Microsoft makes Xbox.com impossible to navigate especially if you want to try and BUrn the Update Via CD or DVD. Its something they try and discourage by making it so hard to find.

If anyone needs I can upload the Previous Dashboard update to MEGAUPLOAD or Rapidshare in case anyone wants to UNdo the NXE or re-flash the firmware, legally of course using the official Microsoft files from Xbox.com

Its funny how they have either removed any mention of CD or DVD updating from XBox.com now hmmmmm. Or just made it very hard to find.

If you guys do that and go back to the old dash just so you know you aint going to be able to use LIVE.

[quote name='Goodeye']If you guys do that and go back to the old dash just so you know you aint going to be able to use LIVE.[/quote]

My guess is you will just be prompted to Update to the NXE is all.

after all someone has to go around to all the Retailers and Update those consoles one by one with a Physical Disk.

If a 1,000 people on average get 3RLOD a day, then 1,000 people probably got them on NXE launch and promptly blamed it on the update. It's just coincidence.

If you have a 360 that Does Not have HDMI, you get back whats called an OPUS chipset.
Basically a reengineered mainboard with 65nm CPU extra cooling and a 90nm GPU. This uses Less Watts and runs cooler than the 90nm CPU and 90nm GPU early units.

What I want is a JASPER chipset 65nm CPU and 65nm GPU these use about 75 watts of power and run very cool and quiet. These do have HDMI.

Sadly I have a Frankenstein chipset I have no idea what it is made in 08-19-2007

90nm CPU and 90nm GPU but with the extra heatsink and its been rock solid I am trying everything to get it to Fail. and Red Ring

Mine froze up right after downloading the update. A quick restart and everythings good now. Previous dashboard updates were bricking consoles so no surprise here.

Also it took about a week turn around from when I had to send mine in. Don't get hopes up though, M$ sent me back an already broken one. But this was right before the release of halo 3.

Yup, I got the update the day it came out, made my avatar. Then didn't play until Friday, booted up Rock Band 2 to play with my sister who was visiting. The game froze twice, which it's never done before, then after I turn it back on after that 2nd freeze, boom, 3 red rings. 2nd time this has happened with my 360. First one was seriously almost 1 year to the day ago, kind of weird.

[quote name='Ice Cold']My guess is you will just be prompted to Update to the NXE is all.

after all someone has to go around to all the Retailers and Update those consoles one by one with a Physical Disk.[/quote]

You will be prompted if you ignore that prompt you will not be able to connect to LIVE even the update prompt states this.

[quote name='Ice Cold']My guess is you will just be prompted to Update to the NXE is all.

after all someone has to go around to all the Retailers and Update those consoles one by one with a Physical Disk.[/QUOTE]

Right, and if you select "no", you will be permanently signed out of live until you install it.

bread's done
Back