Updated: Nintendo makes official announcement. Super Mario 3D World, DKC:TF, Pikmin 3 will be 19.99 March 11th

wiiups4

CAGiversary!
*We really need a "News" section too lol

I made this to let you know that Nintendo just announced "Nintendo Selects" are coming for these games, on March 11th, making them 19.99 each everywhere.

*Updated link http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-selects

So if you were interested in these games, hold off for 3 more weeks.
Some wii and 3ds titles too, check link for those.

Last edited by a moderator:
I returned my unopened OOT 3D to Best Buy. I bought it 2 months ago though so I only got store credit. Funny thing is I think I actually got $5 more in credit than I paid for it. I will buy it again once the price is reduced. I don't care about the packaging being different.
The old one may actually have more value because it can be used as a starting point to mod the 3ds. I would imagine they fixed that with the new release.

Good luck with that if they have different SKUs.
He can get the lower price even if the sku is different. He bought it from Best Buy so he can do a price adjustment or return and rebuy at the cheaper price when the Nintendo Selects titles are released. Best Buy will drop the price of vanilla versions to match the Nintendo Selects prices.

Does ToysRUs or Target do any Buy 2 get 1 Free promotions this time of the year?  I want NES Remix but I would gladly buy DK and get Mario 3D world free if there was a promotion coming up in the next few weeks or even months. 

He can get the lower price even if the sku is different. He bought it from Best Buy so he can do a price adjustment or return and rebuy at the cheaper price when the Nintendo Selects titles are released. Best Buy will drop the price of vanilla versions to match the Nintendo Selects prices.
I'll have to see it to believe it. Never heard of any place price matching different SKU's before.

I'll have to see it to believe it. Never heard of any place price matching different SKU's before.
You're not understanding. He's not matching the original to the Selects version. He's matching it to the new price of the original, which will drop to match the Selects once they're released.

Not on topic but nintendo related. Does anyone know how the starfox and starfox guard is going to work on the wiiu?

I mean is guard going to be included in all copies of starfox? First wave? Pre orders only? Or will there be 2 releases 1 with just starfox and another including guard?

Just confused. I pre ordered starfox a while back when bestbuy was doing the order 2 games and get the 30th anniversary button set free.

Not on topic but nintendo related. Does anyone know how the starfox and starfox guard is going to work on the wiiu?

I mean is guard going to be included in all copies of starfox? First wave? Pre orders only? Or will there be 2 releases 1 with just starfox and another including guard?

Just confused. I pre ordered starfox a while back when bestbuy was doing the order 2 games and get the 30th anniversary button set free.
I think they said that all orders (?)

Not 100% sure though. I'm kinda in doubt about that also, since it was a EU Direct, wanted to know if it was also going to be available for US, since they really didn't state it.

Been holding off the pre-order because of that.

I think they said that all orders (?)

Not 100% sure though. I'm kinda in doubt about that also, since it was a EU Direct, wanted to know if it was also going to be available for US, since they really didn't state it.

Been holding off the pre-order because of that.
A quick Google search brought me to this page:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/3/11157482/star-fox-guard-wii-u-project-guard

That's clearly an American box in the picture (based on the rating).

All you guys owe me big time. I'm so good, I predicted a deal almost a month ahead of time 😂😂 j/p. Member of the month (maybe year) goes to me lol.

Shout out to all the doubters who just wanted to rain on everyone's parade and excitement

Will pick up both Wii & Wii U DKC, Mario 3D World, Zelda, Pikmin 3 and Mario All Stars. I May hold off for B2G1 Free deal.  :)

Lovely! Ordered 3D World, Tropical Freeze, and Pikmin 3. No rush shipping for an extra bonus towards manga. 

Just got Pikmin 3, Nes remix and DK Tropical Freeze for $47. Will get more when I get paid Friday. I've learned to get Nintendo titles early as they always seem to get to ridiculous prices later

Why in the world in the delivery date Tuesday, March 15th???  I ordered 4 games and am a prime member...Should these not arrive on the release date of the 11th??

Hmmmm.   I want to jump in on this, but I'm also hoping I can find a regular package Tropical Freeze in the store sometimes.  If the discount was bigger, I'd probably go for it, but for $3, I think it's worth it.  Anybody know if Tropical Freeze is hard to find?

Why can't Best Buy list all of these already AND allow them to be ordered? Only the 3DS games are on the site and you can't even order tvem

So I just ordered Oot and Mario world since I'm not really interested in the rest(already have pikmin and Galaxy 2) but I am interested in tropical freeze... Anyone know if it is any good?

So I just ordered Oot and Mario world since I'm not really interested in the rest(already have pikmin and Galaxy 2) but I am interested in tropical freeze... Anyone know if it is any good?
Definitely worth $20. I'd buy it at $30. But is your 3d mario world shipping date pending? Both my 3d mario world and dk tropical freeze have "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date"....

Tropical Freeze is amazing. One of the best 2D platformers.

Definitely worth $20. I'd buy it at $30. But is your 3d mario world shipping date pending? Both my 3d mario world and dk tropical freeze have "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date"....
so for sure it's worth 16... Sweet and yea same thing with me they will email me when they have an estimated delivery date

bread's done
Back