Updated: Nintendo makes official announcement. Super Mario 3D World, DKC:TF, Pikmin 3 will be 19.99 March 11th

wiiups4

CAGiversary!
*We really need a "News" section too lol

I made this to let you know that Nintendo just announced "Nintendo Selects" are coming for these games, on March 11th, making them 19.99 each everywhere.

*Updated link http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-selects

So if you were interested in these games, hold off for 3 more weeks.
Some wii and 3ds titles too, check link for those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda surprised Bayonetta 2 OG has been so rare for a while - I bought my copy at the BB I work at months ago and until around a month ago, we had a few copies of it.

I think I want Pikmin 3 but I want to know how it plays with the Pro Controller first.

Finding a straight answer so far has proved difficult.

I won't play it any other way.

I don't think you can use a pro controller at all, but I'm not positive because when I played it I didn't have a pro yet, but it was still very fun with the gamepad.

After some thought maybe play with the gamepad. Maybe.

The other way's not an option. Never.

Need to know more about the pro controller play for Pikmin 3.

As I said, the backlash would destroy them.... I was just pointing out that even back as far as the Nintendo they claimed they own the software ON the cartridge, but you own the cartridge.

It's just a fun, and stupid tidbit of knowledge I've picked up over the years... and yeah, I still have many of my cartridge and discs.
They own the license to the software meaning you cannot copy the software then sell the copied software or the original (keeping the backup; you have to destroy the back up if you no longer own the original). However, you can make personal copies for yourself as backups of your cartridges. You can also sell the cartridge with the software chip to anyone you want. They can't prevent either of that legally in the US.

I think I want Pikmin 3 but I want to know how it plays with the Pro Controller first.

No. The game is designed for the touch pad.

It's like asking to play Mario Galaxy with the classic controller.

I thought I read the one of the best control schemes was Wii remote + nunny, and you set the gamepad in front of you as a second screen/map.

I picked up a normal copy of DKC: Tropical Freeze at the local Walmart this morning for $19.96.  All the local best Buys are sold out of the standard version so I would not have gotten one with GCU discount, so decided to pick up one of the last two at the local Walmart.

Pikmin plays fine with the pro controller. The game pad helps to keep nearby to check the map locations, but isn't entirely necessary.

I was just playing it like this the other day.

It plays just fine with the Pro Controller, maybe even provides better control than the Gamepad. The main reason for sticking with the gamedpad though is the ability to direct your Pikmin groups with the touch screen map and the overwatch it provides. Pikmin 3 is definitely one of my favorite WiiU games, the story is a bit short but the timed challenges are a blast. Highly recommended!

It plays just fine with the Pro Controller, maybe even provides better control than the Gamepad. The main reason for sticking with the gamedpad though is the ability to direct your Pikmin groups with the touch screen map and the overwatch it provides. Pikmin 3 is definitely one of my favorite WiiU games, the story is a bit short but the timed challenges are a blast. Highly recommended!

Pikmin plays fine with the pro controller. The game pad helps to keep nearby to check the map locations, but isn't entirely necessary.

I was just playing it like this the other day.

No. The game is designed for the touch pad.

It's like asking to play Mario Galaxy with the classic controller.
2 yes 1 no on the pro controller answer.

The 2 yes come across as informative.

The 1 no come across as rude.

I'll be playing the game with the Pro Controller.

1 more day until 19.99 for a game that was 80 dollars a month ago.

I tried both the Pro, and the Gamepad.  I love the Pro Controller.  I do set the Gamepad up in front of me and I do use it to drop groups in places on the map...but the Pro is so nice.

I thought I read the one of the best control schemes was Wii remote + nunny, and you set the gamepad in front of you as a second screen/map.
I remembered that too, the gamepad is good too, but there are (small) dead zones on the border of the screen that mean you can't always select what you see, which isn't a problem for the Wii remote pointer. I've only played the demo of Pikmin 3, but Pikmin 2 for Wii in this control scheme worked pretty well.

I ordered a couple of games with Prime Free Two Day shipping but it's showing delivery for the 15th. Lame, was hoping for release day delivery like with Bayonetta 2.

Why in the world in the delivery date Tuesday, March 15th??? I ordered 4 games and am a prime member...Should these not arrive on the release date of the 11th??
I called Amazon asking about this and they just said that some game pre-orders don't qualify for same day shipping. Then the guy tried to have it delivered on Saturday with One-day shipping but the delivery date only changed to March 14th so it didn't really do much. Oh well. Just gonna have to cancel it and buy it at Best Buy

I remembered that too, the gamepad is good too, but there are (small) dead zones on the border of the screen that mean you can't always select what you see, which isn't a problem for the Wii remote pointer. I've only played the demo of Pikmin 3, but Pikmin 2 for Wii in this control scheme worked pretty well.
Question about this, I saw somewhere that there's a improved sensor bar for the wii u. Does that get rid of those dead zones? I tried playing metroid prime about a year ago and it was very difficult with the wii motes. Like I've wanted to replay that trilogy for years but it was impossible with the wii controller

Assuming Nintendo isn't going to limit the supply of these, I guess I'm going to wait for sales before buying these. A b2g1f sale would be ideal but not expecting any one of those till almost Black Friday. Probably any sale that include Nintendo games, I'll hop on this deal if I can't wait.

My copies of zelda OOT 3D shipped on monday and delivered yesterday, damm it bestbuy you did it again!

And most of nintendo selects are unavailable from Amazon right now.

I think it's been said that the best control option is the Wii mote and Nunchuck, however according to the box it can use the Pro controller.

Wii u games sold out on Amazon? Already? 😤😤😤😤 I was waiting for my gift card to come through from my 3D world trade in last week! Come onnnnnnn

Wii u games sold out on Amazon? Already? I was waiting for my gift card to come through from my 3D world trade in last week! Come onnnnnnn
I was going for a copy of pikmin 3 on amazon just now and it says unavailable... I'll go try and see if walmart has any nonselects for cheap shortly... Right as the clock strikes 12

i'm trying to buy pikmin wii u and donkey kong wii u on bestbuy and it says it can't ship to my address for those games but I was able to buy some of the other games. 

is my address bad or is it bestbuy that is bad? anyone else able to buy them? They are able to be added to my cart fine it's just when I hit submit order it gives me the error.

nevermind says out of stock now, wasn't out of stock a few minutes ago.

It will not be limited release.  Just give amazon few days to restocking all the games.  Too many peoples owned Wii U and Wii u games is Cheap with PRIME discount. Amazon under estimated Nintendo fans again! :)  2nd option Amazon just put items unavailable to avoid 20% off discount for 2 weeks.

I think it's been said that the best control option is the Wii mote and Nunchuck, however according to the box it can use the Pro controller.
I don't care. That's not an option for me.

I got some good info here about using the Pro Controller.

2 questions: If I choose store pickup and pay with credit card online , when I pick up the games, can I have a gift card charged instead?

I have one digital copy of DKCR for the 3ds but it is on my system and my son has a 2ds. Should I get a physical copy for him to play?

Tried to get Pikmin 3 used at GS, since their used price dropped first earlier this week. It was a mint OG case with instructions, but the guy couldn't find the game anywhere. I have the worst luck with this GS (Rookwood Commons, Cincinnati). However, he did let me walk with the case for free since it wasn't any use to him. Guess I'll have to get the selects version and put the disc in the old case.

Edit: worst luck being this and they lost my Halo 5 LE preorder.

Tried to get Pikmin 3 used at GS, since their used price dropped first earlier this week. It was a mint OG case with instructions, but the guy couldn't find the game anywhere. I have the worst luck with this GS (Rookwood Commons, Cincinnati). However, he did let me walk with the case for free since it wasn't any use to him. Guess I'll have to get the selects version and put the disc in the old case.
the Rockwood commons game stop is also my nearest location, but after getting new management a few months ago has been shit,

2 questions: If I choose store pickup and pay with credit card online , when I pick up the games, can I have a gift card charged instead?

I have one digital copy of DKCR for the 3ds but it is on my system and my son has a 2ds. Should I get a physical copy for him to play?
You can do a quick return and buy them again.

I'm referring to the original games. They have the Select prices but the originals are supposed to be marked down as well.

I don't think we have any confirmation of that though. The UPCs must be different since they have two SKUs and they didn't carry most of the black label games on their site new any longer but SM3DW is the same way. So if Nintendo didn't issue a price drop on those I don't think BBY would drop them until they hit EOL.

Question about this, I saw somewhere that there's a improved sensor bar for the wii u. Does that get rid of those dead zones? I tried playing metroid prime about a year ago and it was very difficult with the wii motes. Like I've wanted to replay that trilogy for years but it was impossible with the wii controller
The default sensor bar included with the Wii U is the same, though there are some wide sensor bars out there that would effectively increase the sensitivity (especially if you sit farther back from the TV), but I haven't personally tried anything other than the default.

For MP3 and MPT, you can configure the Wii pointer dead zone through the settings, but I'm assuming you already tried that.

My GameStop had to open a box, they had 1 copy of Pikmin 3, the Target across the way didn't get any copies of Pikmin 3.

Looks like Pikmin 3 Select is rarer then the original release.

the only Nintendo Select's my Target had:

-Wii U

NES Remix

DK Freeze

SM3D World

-3DS

Zelda OoT

-Wii

nothing

bread's done
Back