Updated: Nintendo makes official announcement. Super Mario 3D World, DKC:TF, Pikmin 3 will be 19.99 March 11th

wiiups4

CAGiversary!
*We really need a "News" section too lol

I made this to let you know that Nintendo just announced "Nintendo Selects" are coming for these games, on March 11th, making them 19.99 each everywhere.

*Updated link http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-selects

So if you were interested in these games, hold off for 3 more weeks.
Some wii and 3ds titles too, check link for those.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys realize they're all available on best buys site, right?
Some of us have Amazon promo credit we would like to burn. I was hoping Nintendo would at least kind of keep these in stock until a sale came along, but I should have preordered at amazon when I had the chance. Hopefully they come back in stock like Pikmin 3 at Bestbuy right now.

Just picked up Donkey Kong 3DS from Best Buy. Great sale on a bunch of these games, but sadly/luckily I was given them with the old 3DS that my ex gave me.

My Best Buy had 9 copies of Pikmin 3 and seemed pretty well stocked on the 3ds/WiiU stuff. Galaxy 2 & All Stars only had 2 copies each though.

I'm referring to the original games. They have the Select prices but the originals are supposed to be marked down as well.
Nothing so far at Best Buy, though I can't imagine they will stay at the non-Selects price for long, as they'll be dead inventory except for the crazy folks that will never have PH / GH / Selects copies ever and must pay for original release at any price.

Hopefully these don't become impossible to get because of flea market/ebay/amazon scalper crowd.

My local Walmart had every title in stock last night except Super Mario Galaxy 2, but only 3 of each were on the shelf.

My Walmart had a spot on the shelf with $19 tags but the wrong totally different games were in their place. The woman working electronics first said they must be sold out, then said they were in a box that she hadn't stocked yet, then scanned it and said they had not been received yet and try again tomorrow

Not sure if any one you guys have compared. But I sold a few games I had and planned to rebuy them today. Well I picked up my Best Buy in store pickup and decided to open up Mario all stars and ocarina of time. The disc and cart looks exactly like the old pressings. Mario all stars even has the 25th anniversary printed on the art work.

So I'm just gonna pop these new discs and cart in my old cases.

Some guy I know bought all the Ocarina of Time. Now to wait for more to get in stock :/ which is apparently in more than a week!

Also I doubt these will be hard to find. It's just the initial excitement of people who can get these games for cheap now. Everyone wants to scoop them up. Also as of 20 minutes ago my Best Buy was amply stocked. Except they had no Mario all stars.

Also I doubt these will be hard to find. It's just the initial excitement of people who can get these games for cheap now. Everyone wants to scoop them up. Also as of 20 minutes ago my Best Buy was amply stocked. Except they had no Mario all stars.
This exactly. It's not hard to see why they sold out online when there were two stores with 20% off. Assuming they didn't only do one run, the only reason that they are Sold Out right now is because they decided to release the games today. They could have pushed it back a week and printed more copies and possibly not have sold out, but right now they are pumping them out and they are being sold immediately.

Hopefully these don't become impossible to get because of flea market/ebay/amazon scalper crowd.
I would imagine that there isn't much for scalpers here. There will be the random finds of the original printings going down to $20, so those are potentially worth more than $20, but the fact that the game can be had digitally for the lower price now should limit the markup on the secondary market.

Just curious if anyone has gotten their order from Amazon yet (for Pikmin and Tropical Freeze specifically)? I ordered mine two days ago and never got a shipping estimate. Would have liked to gotten the games today, but don't necessarily mind that they oversold since it means I still get the discount.

This exactly. It's not hard to see why they sold out online when there were two stores with 20% off. Assuming they didn't only do one run, the only reason that they are Sold Out right now is because they decided to release the games today. They could have pushed it back a week and printed more copies and possibly not have sold out, but right now they are pumping them out and they are being sold immediately.

I would imagine that there isn't much for scalpers here. There will be the random finds of the original printings going down to $20, so those are potentially worth more than $20, but the fact that the game can be had digitally for the lower price now should limit the markup on the secondary market.

Just curious if anyone has gotten their order from Amazon yet (for Pikmin and Tropical Freeze specifically)? I ordered mine two days ago and never got a shipping estimate. Would have liked to gotten the games today, but don't necessarily mind that they oversold since it means I still get the discount.
I have 8 games coming from amazon tomorrow

how you manage that? Mine won't come till Tuesday
I really don't know I read everyone's comments on here and saw that. I even thought about hitting up best buy for Pikmin while my package came but I checked this morning and I have a tracking number and tomorrow's delivery date.

I did pre order almost right after it was posted on this thread

I ordered my games online for in store pickup at Best Buy. Before getting the games, I walked to the game section and they didn't have any of those games in stock. Nothing! Do they keep games stored in the back and away from the public?

I ordered my games online for in store pickup at Best Buy. Before getting the games, I walked to the game section and they didn't have any of those games in stock. Nothing! Do they keep games stored in the back and away from the public?
Same thing at the store I went to. Nothing in the 3ds section. Went up to the service desk to cancel another order and happened to notice them at the store pick up. They had them all laid out in stacks. I asked if they where all store pick ups. They said no they were the left overs but were keeping them up front because store pick up orders were still coming up. Ended up getting OoT and Pikmin 3.

I went to Best Buy early in the morning and they didn't have them on the floor or in the cage at the front. When I asked, they literally brought a box full of all the Nintendo Selects overflowing and had at least 5 copies of each one. I gladly bought Pikmin 3 and 3D World!

Some guy I know bought all the Ocarina of Time. Now to wait for more to get in stock :/ which is apparently in more than a week!
This guy obviously didn't know they already reprinted last year.. and the non selects copy has been in stock almost everywhere for months.

Walked into bestbuy 3 days after the reprinted it and grabbed a shelf copy (they had a dozen sitting there) up until 2 weeks ago I have always seen at least 2 copies on the shelf at any stores game dept. Now The select copy and the reprint are sold out. I think they patched the exploit that partly made it very hard to get a copy if you didn't have one.

Nintendo probably could have made a big deal of reprinting the game at full price... (again) and people would still have impulse purchased it I bet. Curious how many copies of the game people have now.. (on 3DS)

On the other hand, Pikman 3 I have never seen a copy on a shelf. ever... Thats why I pre-ordered it the second I could on Amazon :D

Only grabbed Pikman and the Nes Remix though. I either have the rest, or not real interested in them. Possibly DK Tropical Freeze though.

This guy obviously didn't know they already reprinted last year.. and the non selects copy has been in stock almost everywhere for months.
Walked into bestbuy 3 days after the reprinted it and grabbed a shelf copy (they had a dozen sitting there) up until 2 weeks ago I have always seen at least 2 copies on the shelf at any stores game dept. Now The select copy and the reprint are sold out. I think they patched the exploit that partly made it very hard to get a copy if you didn't have one.

Nintendo probably could have made a big deal of reprinting the game at full price... (again) and people would still have impulse purchased it I bet. Curious how many copies of the game people have now.. (on 3DS)

On the other hand, Pikman 3 I have never seen a copy on a shelf. ever... Thats why I pre-ordered it the second I could on Amazon :D
Only grabbed Pikman and the Nes Remix though. I either have the rest, or not real interested in them. Possibly DK Tropical Freeze though.
He is future proifing if he holds on to those for at least 5 years he will double possibly triple his profits. They will eventually stop making new copies so yeah

hmm i only want 3 of em ..yoshi island for 3ds, mario 3d world and tropical freeze for wii u...you guys think we should buy now or wait for a buy 1 get 1 deal :p...though they are really cheap already with GCU 15.99 each just dunno if ill get to them with all the great games coming out this year im still trying to beat TR on xbox one lol

hmm i only want 3 of em ..yoshi island for 3ds, mario 3d world and tropical freeze for wii u...you guys think we should buy now or wait for a buy 1 get 1 deal :p...though they are really cheap already with GCU 15.99 each just dunno if ill get to them with all the great games coming out this year im still trying to beat TR on xbox one lol
You'll likely never see a B1G1 sale, though it's possible they do a B2G1 sale. BBY does this less than other retailers though since the introduction of GCU. So, if you're wanting to play one then just buy it. If you don't think you'll get to it within the next few months then just wait.

You'll likely never see a B1G1 sale, though it's possible they do a B2G1 sale. BBY does this less than other retailers though since the introduction of GCU. So, if you're wanting to play one then just buy it. If you don't think you'll get to it within the next few months then just wait.
i feel like for the buy 2 get 1 nintendo is always exluded .. lol yeah i feel like these are never going to go on sale

i feel like for the buy 2 get 1 nintendo is always exluded .. lol yeah i feel like these are never going to go on sale
BBY has done the B2G1 exclusively for Nintendo games in the past, but like I said since GCU they happen much less frequently.

are the ordinal non-select label ringing up @ 19.99 in store? Online still show $39.99.
I tried to buy a non-Nintendo Selects label of NES Remix Pack for Wii U last night at a local Best Buy, and it was still ringing up $29.99, so I guess the answer is no.

are the ordinal non-select label ringing up @ 19.99 in store? Online still show $39.99.
Only at Walmart have the prices been marked down. If you don't mine paying 20 then Walmart is the place to go for the original copies

I am trying to use brickseek to check walmart's inventory for an original release Pikmin 3.  Does anybody know what the item ID for that one is or how to search for it.  When I search their webiste, only the nintendo selects version pops up.

Silly issue here.   Wanted Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.  Happened to find one just floating at the wrong place at Best Buy so I got it for like $16 with discount (red lable).  Then just happened to be at Walmart and happened to find an original for $20 so I picked that up too.  Now I gotta decide whether I want the $16 Best Buy one with the red label, or the $20 Walmart one with the original label.  Leaning toward the Walmart one, but having trouble justifying the $4 difference lol. 

So, uh, to make this post relevant - if still looking, check around the gaming area for a floating copy; and Walmart definitely has dropped down the original versions to $20

Update on Amazon shipping: After not getting a shipping estimate when I ordered on 3/9, Amazon is now showing that I'll get Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze on Tuesday 3/22 and Pikmin 3 somewhere between 3/30 - 4/6. I guess they finally got notification of another shipment, but I'm hoping it will be here sooner, as seems to be the case usually for Amazon. Not that the wait is going to kill me, but I impulse bought these when I saw the post, so having to wait so long is mildly annoying  :wall:

Silly issue here. Wanted Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Happened to find one just floating at the wrong place at Best Buy so I got it for like $16 with discount (red lable). Then just happened to be at Walmart and happened to find an original for $20 so I picked that up too. Now I gotta decide whether I want the $16 Best Buy one with the red label, or the $20 Walmart one with the original label. Leaning toward the Walmart one, but having trouble justifying the $4 difference lol.

So, uh, to make this post relevant - if still looking, check around the gaming area for a floating copy; and Walmart definitely has dropped down the original versions to $20
why not both?

As a Wii U owner for six months [who has never owned a Wii], this greatly pleases me. The eShop has the NES Remix games at $10 each so I'll buy those and get the disc versions of Donkey Kong and Mario (I thought All-Stars was OOP).

Does the NES Remix games actually allow you to play the games normally, or is it only these challenge type stuff?

So my Amazon order still says shipping soon even though it was supposed be shipped yesterday... I want to play OOT NOW!

Here Ye, Here Ye.

We are officially announcing that we are taking 3 year old games, changing the packaging and then reselling them.

The announcement is official!

The big N has spoken.

Nothing more to be said.

Go about your business.

For those planning on buying on the eshop, it's worth noting that maybe you should wait a couple weeks as nintendo's new rewards program will be beginning next week and they have not stated that purchases from before opening will count. These games won't be going up in price as far as digital is concerned.

bread's done
Back