Updated PS3 Games / Point Acquisition and Redemption Strategies for SonyCard Holders

Fifth Ocean

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
:EDIT: Scroll through to find Rush's advice regarding point accrual and redemption.

I'm not sure if anyone else jumped for the SonyStyle credit card offer a while back around August of '07, but if you did, chances are you might have residual points for your initial purchase (I received about 4.5K when purchasing the 60gb and an HDMI cable). Anyway, there selection of games to redeem points for has been updated, with the newer games actually costing less points than the old.

http://sonyrewards.com/en/redeem/subcategory/index/4?subcategory=187

New: 6,000 Points
Uncharted Drake’s Fortune
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
Heavenly Sword
MLB 08 The Show

Old: 6,400 Points
F1 Championship
Genji: Days of the Blade
MLB 07 The Show
NBA 07
Motorstorm
Resistance: Fall of Man

I realize it is pretty specific to a few people (and maybe not a deal), but I've been waiting for this to happen for pretty much 7 months. Hope it helps someone else in a similar position. Right now I'm leaning towards Uncharted.

[quote name='QiG']Holy crap! I won the daily giveaway and think I just got a 40gb PS3 out of it!

Make sure you put a bunch of stuff on your wish list so you can choose it instead of the daily prize if you win the contest. The daily prize contest was for a photo printer and I was able to choose from anything on my wish list (few things were in-stock). I guess I'll be contacted within a few days. I'll let everyone know how it works.

If you check the winners, I'm Gregory M. from North Olmsted, Oh[/QUOTE]

Congrats Dude!!!!!

[quote name='QiG']Holy crap! I won the daily giveaway and think I just got a 40gb PS3 out of it!

Make sure you put a bunch of stuff on your wish list so you can choose it instead of the daily prize if you win the contest. The daily prize contest was for a photo printer and I was able to choose from anything on my wish list (few things were in-stock). I guess I'll be contacted within a few days. I'll let everyone know how it works.

If you check the winners, I'm Gregory M. from North Olmsted, Oh[/quote]

How do you enter/qualify for the daily giveaway?

If you check the winners, I'm Gregory M. from North Olmsted, Oh[/quote]

Grats man!! I didn't know about the wish list exchange thing until a few days ago and just recently started entering it every day. Quick question...I know you can exchange for anything on your wish list up to $1000 in value, but that only means ONE item that's

Thanks guys, I was amazed when I saw 500 points missing and put it together. When you go to redeem it shows the prize with a description and under it there are the items on your wish list and you can choose from ONE only. I had a bunch of the LCDs and the PS3 on there in case I won the monthly wish it win it contest. Only one of the LCDs showed up as in-stock but I went with the PS3 because I was looking for a console to put in my bedroom for when the g/f and I want to do different things with the TV. I think I would switch it to the TV if I could go back, but I'm just happy to win anything at all.

I guess I should be contacted soon regarding it as far as arrangements and tax forms, ect. I'll post back when everything is sorted out. But you can bet that I re-adjusted my wish list accordingly if I win again and that I'll be making sure I play every day more than before now.

For jling: To get to the contests, once you're at the sony rewards home page, clicked on the home tab, and the contests are under it as sub-tabs. (Hope that makes sense). Keep in mind that your points are on hold until winners are chosen but they come back every day if you don't win.

Also, I didn't receive any e-mails or notice that I won.. if I wasn't checking in, I might never have known where my points went./

This is a great thread.

I had a quick two questions. I just bought the PS3 from Wal-Mart, and put it on this card. I was told the $100 credit would show up automatically on my account, so I'm not worried about that.

I'm curious about the earning of points from the credit card. I see the Main-In Purchase Credit Document on the rewards site. Do I have to fill that out for the PS3 purchase and send it in, or do points automatically get added from the PS3 to my account (off the credit card)? Do you have to fill out a form each time you want to earn points from your credit card?

Thanks for all the information in here. It really is helpful.

[quote name='Rig']I'm curious about the earning of points from the credit card. I see the Main-In Purchase Credit Document on the rewards site. Do I have to fill that out for the PS3 purchase and send it in, or do points automatically get added from the PS3 to my account (off the credit card)? Do you have to fill out a form each time you want to earn points from your credit card?

Thanks for all the information in here. It really is helpful.[/quote]

You'll get 1 point per dollar added to your account for that purchase. You have to submit a purchase credit form to get the additional 2 points per dollar that applies to Sony products.

[quote name='Zeric']You'll get 1 point per dollar added to your account for that purchase. You have to submit a purchase credit form to get the additional 2 points per dollar that applies to Sony products.[/quote]

Thanks!

I recently got my card and made some "everyday purchases". How long does it take for "everyday purchases" points to get added to the sony rewards account?

Wow, I'm surprised someone won the daily giveaway here...that is pretty darn cool. I always hope to win, but I never do. I put some "good" stuff in my wishlist also for $1000ish.

I wonder when the Rewards store is going to lower the cost of games that are now Greatest Hits?

3000 less 15% for "JACKPOT" level would be 2550 points. I would be all over Motorstorm and Resistance

I got my card for the PS3 80GB Walmart Deal back when MGS4 came out, and now that I know I can get 30 points a day for free I may actually be able to get a game or something out of this eventually.
AWESOME.

Anyone know if you actually have to check to see if you won, or do they email you telling you?

Also, wtf is up with ToysRUs being an authorized retail store, but not toysrus.com...

[quote name='Zmonkay']Anyone know if you actually have to check to see if you won, or do they email you telling you?

Also, wtf is up with ToysRUs being an authorized retail store, but not toysrus.com...[/QUOTE]

Unsure, I thought you had to check, but I could be wrong.

As for lowering prices on PS3 games....I believe MLB 07 is still like 3,700 points at the JACKPOT level.

[quote name='wynams']yeah not holding my breath for them to drop the current GH offerings to sub 3000 points nor add a frickin DS3[/quote]

Last time I had that mindset, I ordered GoW2 at 4600 points and they did an update the next week. (Also close to the timeframe it went GH) :bomb:

I'm hoping for them to update again over winter with the Sony published games that will be coming out this fall. I fully intend to get Motorstorm:pR and Resistance 2 through this site.

I'm sure these will go fast, but Sony Rewards website has new 60GB Playstation 3 in stock right now for 59500 points ($595.00) or if you're a jackpot/platinum member from doing the puzzles, etc, you can get it for $505.75. Looks like free shipping, and depending on what state, no tax.

[quote name='RLaidEPeas']I'm sure these will go fast, but Sony Rewards website has new 60GB Playstation 3 in stock right now for 59500 points ($595.00) or if you're a jackpot/platinum member from doing the puzzles, etc, you can get it for $505.75. Looks like free shipping, and depending on what state, no tax.[/quote]

it's temp OOS, I'm pretty sure they will charge you sales tax + shipping when you check out.

Bummer, it must have just went out then. I was able to get one about 15 minutes ago. No tax (in missouri) and free shipping. Sonyrewards.com is weird though, because some days they charge shipping and some days they don't. I think SonyStyle.com is the same way.

[quote name='KSHLove']it's temp OOS, I'm pretty sure they will charge you sales tax + shipping when you check out.[/quote]

Sony rewards is not supposed to charge either if you are only using points. I have never been charged shipping or tax in the 8 years I have had the card for a redemption.

I really need to make a better effort of playing the games on a daily basis for the free poitns. As it is now I'm lucky if I do it two, maybe three times a week.

[quote name='wynams']Sony Rewards now has Dual Shock 3s for 4250 to 5000 points depending on your level.
HUZZAH![/quote]
Thanks for pointing that out. Got one . Was a little short on points - so had to purchase 800 points. Still DS3 for 8 bucks - I will take it any day!

Where the hell did they find 60GB PS3s? They'd better not be dumping their warranty stock! I might need one of those some day.

Once in a while they find a box of old stock. I got my sealed Einhander and FF7 games from them well after they were discontinued.

As far as PS3s go...
I noticed they had the Metal Gear 4 80GB bundle for a little while that is now 'unavailable'.

[quote name='hpv']Where the hell did they find 60GB PS3s? They'd better not be dumping their warranty stock! I might need one of those some day.[/quote]

Nah, they have refurbs for warranty replacement. These are brand new factory sealed. I was able to get one, and I called SonyRewards and they verified it will be new, and have a 1 year warranty.

Just noticed tonight that they have SingStar standalone and SingStar bundle as redeem options now for PS2. A bunch more games in the Insider's section as well.

I've had a Sony Card for over a decade now, and have saved a ton of money using it over the years. However, what many people don't realize is that you don't have to redeem on the Rewards site. You can buy Sony products at any authorized Sony re-seller, for any price, and simply fill out a form to get reimbursed by Sony.

In 2005, I bought a Sony 50" 3LCD Rear Projection TV for just over $1000 out of pocket. The TV retailed for $2499 at the time, but was on sale at vanns.com (a Sony re-seller) for $2199. I had nearly $1200 in Sony rewards points, and simply filled out the redemption form and mailed it with my receipt for a big fat refund.

I've probably saved close to $2000 total on Sony products with this card, including $130 off my PS3 MGS4 bundle a couple of months ago, and I've never made a purchase on the Sony Rewards website.

I spend over 550 dollars on sony products and there letter they sent me says I have earned 0 points. They love to pack fudge eh?

[quote name='Mr. 420']I spend over 550 dollars on sony products and there letter they sent me says I have earned 0 points. They love to pack fudge eh?[/quote]

I believe it takes at least 30 days for the points to post. That way you can't return the item and keep the points, as most places have a 30 day return policy.

[quote name='loki87']I've had a Sony Card for over a decade now, and have saved a ton of money using it over the years. However, what many people don't realize is that you don't have to redeem on the Rewards site. You can buy Sony products at any authorized Sony re-seller, for any price, and simply fill out a form to get reimbursed by Sony.

In 2005, I bought a Sony 50" 3LCD Rear Projection TV for just over $1000 out of pocket. The TV retailed for $2499 at the time, but was on sale at vanns.com (a Sony re-seller) for $2199. I had nearly $1200 in Sony rewards points, and simply filled out the redemption form and mailed it with my receipt for a big fat refund.

I've probably saved close to $2000 total on Sony products with this card, including $130 off my PS3 MGS4 bundle a couple of months ago, and I've never made a purchase on the Sony Rewards website.[/QUOTE]

Where is this form located? I had no idea this was possible. Thanks for the tip!

Looks like sony rewards has added a new club:

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/bluray/

Sign up for the blu ray BD-Live club, Insert a blu ray in your ps-3 or a blu ray player capable of usin the BD-live features on a disc and then in the menus of the BR, sign into BD-live and register your disc, a cool 150 points will be added into your sony rewards points for your first one, and 100 points for every one registerd after that, register 10 discs and receive a coupon for 10% off of anything on the sony rewards site PLUS a 10.00 off coupon! (10.00 off of a blu ray is implied but not stated exactly)

I found a list of BD- live discs:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=46148

I just registerd dew cox and it instantly put 150 points into my sony rewards!

How cool is that!!!!

Thanks!
1x1.gif

Will the Blu-Ray club work if you Netflix the discs?

Edit: They added 150 points just for joining the club, I didn't even register a disc yet.

I'm guessing that those rental ones will only be able to be registered once, otherwise you would be able to keep registering the same dvd over and over.

[quote name='rushisrighton']I'm guessing that those rental ones will only be able to be registered once, otherwise you would be able to keep registering the same dvd over and over.[/QUOTE]

Hi I picked you up from the AVS forum you talked about the sony card . From what I see they no longer give the $100 or $150 money back deal. Man I wanted that as I want to get the ps3. maybe I'll wait to see if the deal comes back on. Anyway I'm glad that you posted on AVS and here. I'll keep watching and I'll follow your tips when I jump which has to be soon thanks Paul

I spend most of my time now on the cag forum now that I have my home theater system finished, the cag site helps me buy my blurays and gaming software CHEAP!, glad to see you over here voodo1. I'm not at the AVS forum as much, but I used to live on there.

Just to let you know you can enroll on the sonyrewards website and start earning points right now even though you don't have a card, the only difference will be is a points "cap" on redemptions, let's say you want something for 1200 points, but don't have a card - you will only be able to use 500 and have to pay for the rest, but as a cardholder you will be able to use all of your points and no cash! Also your points expire sooner than a cardholders.

But if you don't have a card, sign up on the website and start earning points for when you do have the card.

How exactly do you register. Do you create a new BD live account, or can you use your sony card account? If you do create a new BD live account then how do you link it to the sony rewards thing? (I tried to register Hulk and I got confused)

[quote name='greeble']How exactly do you register. Do you create a new BD live account, or can you use your sony card account? If you do create a new BD live account then how do you link it to the sony rewards thing? (I tried to register Hulk and I got confused)[/quote]

I had the same problem with Iron Man. I created a new account on my PS3, but there's no way to link to my sonyrewards account.

bread's done
Back