Upgraded from onboard sound, now PC freezes?

tcrash247

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I jsut bought a new soudn card because my PC only has shitty onboard sound. I installed it and installed the drivers and everything. I also disabled the onboard sound from the BIOS and the device manager.

But now my computer will not even start up. It just freezes during the boot up. But when I enabled the onboard sound and uninstalled the drivers for my new sound card, my computer doesn't frreze. Am I doing something wrong or are the drivers for the new sound card, or the sound card itself, messed up? I really want to get some use out of my 2 rear speakers.

Sounds like an imcompatibility problem. Did you try the manufacturer's Troubleshoot or Customer Service? Be prepared to give some info on your mobo. They should be able to assist you further.

I haven't tried any troubleshooting or anything. I'll have to check out their website. And I have no idea what my mobo is, my computer was a prebuilt one that I bought off TigerDirect.com.

I'm pretty sure I disabled the onboard sound from the BIOS and not my new one. My new sound card shows up as PCI sound controller.

Are you sure you really disabled the onboard sound? Make sure you did that and saved it.

Try using an updated version of the drivers instead of what came with the card.

bread's done
Back