Upgrading to Elite today and i need help

lazie

CAGiversary!
Hi i have a really old xbox 360 pro with a 20gb hardrive and no hdmi. I plan on upgrading to the Elite because its 300 bucks and comes with HDMI.

I just need help because i have no idea how to transfer my licences and games to the new 360.

How do i get the transfer cables needed to do that? I remember reading somewhere that the hardrives sold seperately come with a transfer kit.
Would it be a good idea to buy one use it to transfer my data but then take it back to the store??

Thanks in advance for the help.

I don't know off hand, but I imagine that you can find this information on Microsoft's website.

On a side note, I understand the appeal of the bigger hard drive, but I'm not sure the HDMI upgrade is really going to make that much of a difference. I assume you're already running component cables into an HD source and getting 1080i/p.

if you need a transfer kit i could loan mine out to you. my rule is 10 itrader but it appears you've been on CAG for awhile. PM if your interested.

The transfer cable and software is free from MS. I bought an Elite yesterday and did the transfer, worked flawlessly. I had the CD and Cable from my previous 120GB hard drive. If you have a friend that did a 120GB upgrade before, you can use their CD and transfer cable.

Just contact microsoft and they will send you one for free if you buy an elite. I think you may have to call them anyway to transfer the licences over.

I was able to transfer the licenses to my XBLA and marketplace content over xbox.com. And then downloaded everything again, I borrowed a friends memory card for my game saves.

bread's done
Back