Uploading movies to the 360..

joshthegreat69

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (97%)
I was just wondering if it's possible to upload movies to the 360 via laptop or PC.

I would really like to watch the movies that I legally download off of a preferred film acquisition website on my 360, however i'm not quite sure if it is possible. It would save time from burning them onto a disc at least. I'm having enough trouble with that as it is. (With files that aren't isos)

I understand there is a Windows Media Center option, but that seems to me like it's just a lame way for Microsoft to say give us more money.

So if anyone could give me some tips I would really appreciate it..thanks guys!

I use windows media center and to the best of my knowledge it is the only way to do it and to boot you have to have the latest edition of media center for it to work I have 2004 tried to install the xbox software on my PC it messed up my media center completely I had to roll back. Hubby had 2005 on his pc and his works great but all the media is on my PC so we have to make a shared folder btwn the two media centers than the media streams from my PC to his then to the xbox and that just really irritated me. It's bad enough you have to have media center now they make certainyouhave the latest oneor it wont work.

so if you go for media center make certain it's 2005 and to the best of my knowledge the only wayto get media center legaly is to buy itpre loaded on a PC don't think they sell it in stores, but they may have changed things from last i checked.

they don't sell it in stores from what I can, but vista has been billed as having media center in it, so if one was to upgrade to vista when it comes out, it shouldn't be a problem

The video and picture section of the xbox 360 is damn near useless unless you feel like jumping through all the hurdels just to stream them from your comp/portable device & cd(pictures).

bread's done
Back