UPS?... How are they in business?

drone8888

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I am really sick of these pieces of shit. Since I was kid, all I remember is our broken items coming by UPS, and my mom crying over it. 20 years later, still broken shit, and they are still ignorant inbred monkeys that hurl packages like the dung, at my door.

So far, the few days I've been home from Japan, They have thrown 2 coffee tables from their moving truck. One ape blows his whistle and whoops as rides by. Luckily, Amazon replaced the completely destroyed tables.

I won the Papa John's Wii Resort contest. My prizes were sent to the hotel I was staying in, as there is NO WAY to change my address, as the prize was sent out before I moved into my house. UPS's site is the biggest joke I've ever seen. It's a labyrinth to navigate, and most are link backs to the same shit.

I can't find an email address or a phone number on the site. The instructions for claims are link backs, and me registering with them did absolutely NOTHING. My prize apparently was claimed, and will be picked up at their center and it was not by me. They are closed on Saturdays.. after I googled their phone number... and I have no way of getting my stuff.

fuck UPS!!! They are the biggest pieces of dick cheese on this planet.

Anyone know how to get ahold of them on a weekend?

I feel really really really bad for you. I wish I could help really, i Had a similar problem once getting a game I ordered from EA store. The UPS guy supposbly didn't even look for my house or bother to call me so I called the local UPS frieght store(I'd try that. Phone book or operator) and they told me the driver could drop it off that night. Well I waited and never got it, but got a message in my mail box saying for me to pick it up. So i went but they told me they thought they'd try again and deliver it, and same thing! He left another note saying to pick it up cuz he couldn't find the place. Even after I explained it thoroughly and gave my neighbors address and everything to the people. Big head ache.

I do suggest calling the local UPS freight store. I know I called the UPS STORE and all it was was a place to send off packages, buying material and all that.

I've never had a problem with UPS, or for that matter FedEx or the USPS. I guess I've been lucky. I've had one game case come cracked from Amazon, but I think that was due more to their shitty packaging in those cardboard shippers.

I don't know why, but whenever i get something from UPS, it looks like it's been used as a soccer ball, while things from FedEx look like they've never been touched.

My old UPS driver was guilty of that one, I would know a package was outside by hearing it hit the door. Current one of 2+ years is great, he always walks the package up.

Here (and when I lived in VA) USPS and UPS are always good and FedEx seems to be the shitty one. I've never gotten shit beat up by any of them, but FedEx has always taken longer.

I've had problems with USPS, never UPS. Once I got my game (PDZ) and it was sitting by my front door with the top ripped open and the case smashed... and just recently I got a package (with an expensive item in it for my gf) and the box was SMASHED and RIPPED up. Half of it looked like it was attacked by a paper shredder or caught in a gear. How do they deliver that?

I'm getting more annoyed with the Postal Service period. My mailman seems to be too lazy to drop packages on the door step (no signature required stuff), so I end up having to schlep over to the post office and wait in line for 20-30 minutes to get my crap. And the last package they couldn't find--still trying to track, that one down.

Haven't had an issue with UPS yet since moving here, they just drop stuff on the doorstep.

I suppose I could start having stuff shipped to the office, but that's complicated since we have a P.O. Box for mail and a street address for UPS/FedEx so you have to know what shipping method the company will use.

Having a hotel as a mailing address is just asking for trouble though. I would have it sent to a family or friend's address.

Over here on Long Island, my UPS is pretty good. In fact, I find FedEx to be sort hit or miss. Though my local post office sucks. They have gotten a bit better recently which has me thinking some changes were made, but every now and again, I see a glimer of their former self.

I don't like UPS, my front porch is covered and they used to leave the packages there so if it rained they would stay dry. Now they just leave the packages on the driveway.

I also hate that you can't stop an item from being delivered and able to pick it up if you are the one getting the package. What I mean is if you have an item scheduled to be delivered on a Friday and you know you are going to be away for a few days, they can't stop it from being delivered and hold it for you to pick up even if it is a few days before the scheduled delivery

[quote name='JolietJake']I don't know why, but whenever i get something from UPS, it looks like it's been used as a soccer ball, while things from FedEx look like they've never been touched.[/QUOTE]
Exact opposite for me. Love UPS, hate FedEx here. My UPS drive goes up and leaves the notice on my 3rd floor apartment every time. Package looks great. FedEx has NEVER left a note and the box looks like hell every time.

Gotta be the drivers.

Know your drivers. I've made it a point to note when they deliver and try to be home a few times to say hello and engage them in conversation. All my stuff always arrives in great condition and he even tries to hide it and cover it if it's raining/snowing outside. Big fan of my UPS guy.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones lol. USPS, FedEx, and UPS have been good to me. Sucks that you are having such problems though.

"hurl packages like the dung." Best quote ever.

USPS sucks for me. Their tracking info is laughable. UPS is so much better. I prefer UPS...because I know my shit will get here faster than USPS and I can track it every step of the way instead of status pages with complex geographical and chronological information like "there's no record" then a "your mail dudes are expecting the package" and "delivered."

My personal favorite is when they leave a sticker on your door that they missed you (even though you were home all day) and they never bothered to ring the doorbell or knock (my dogs go nuts when someone even taps on the front door) then leave it to you to drive to their office and pick it up (or they will do the exact same thing tomorrow).

[quote name='Purkeynator']My personal favorite is when they leave a sticker on your door that they missed you (even though you were home all day) and they never bothered to ring the doorbell or knock (my dogs go nuts when someone even taps on the front door) then leave it to you to drive to their office and pick it up (or they will do the exact same thing tomorrow).[/QUOTE]
They've done this to me when I was inside the goddamn foyer and saw him through the glass window. I had to chase the dude down to get my package.

Unfortunately the union is just too damn strong for a complaint to do anything.

[quote name='cochesecochese']They've done this to me when I was inside the goddamn foyer and saw him through the glass window. I had to chase the dude down to get my package.

Unfortunately the union is just too damn strong for a complaint to do anything.[/QUOTE]

Same shit here man, And i had mine set up to email me too... got the email that i was not home and he attempted delivery. Yet he was setting in his truck across the street eating..... Walked out and got my stuff...

Now my UPS driver for work (Jim) is freaken amazing... He unloads our box's stacks them sorts them by Priority ect... and hands us the 1 day air box's while chatting it up about games and such lol. I work at a gamestop so sue me.

When registering for a prize giveaway why the fuck would you use the address of the hotel you are currently staying in!??! Use a friend's, cousin's, parent's, teacher's... just about any motherfucker's address that you can mostly trust would have worked.

"I won!??!? sweet! I dont know how much longer I am staying in this fucking motel 6 or how long shipping will take but I trust the maingy front desk clerk to direct the $200 console to my room or hold it for me if I have already checked out."

Stupid.

UPS and FedEx have been good to me. The only problem with USPS is the mailman leaves my packages by the garage door since that's where our mail slot is. It's annoying having to go out and check by the door and see if something is there.

[quote name='speedracer']Gotta be the drivers.[/QUOTE]

pretty much nailed it. I worked delivery/courier for a year back in the day. We'd pickup our stops 7:30am and tossed all that shit in the back. Anything over 20 lbs was a pain in the ass. Sometimes a good field goal was needed. If your porch had two posts or columns, and it was football season; oh yeah - extra point!

j/k!! :)

Totally depends on the drivers and how much they fear reprisal.

If I have things sent to my home, the delivery is terrible. Packages look like they were beaten with a lead pipe. Heavy packages never get to my doorstep, and the driver stealthily leaves 'sorry I missed you' tags on my door even though I am home.

So, I now have things sent to The Wife's office at her law firm. C/o Gourd's Wife Esq, at Oil Money Evil Firm. Things arrive a day early, in perfect shape, and I swear they clean and spruce up the packages with white glove treatment.

The only problem I've had with UPS at my current place is the incredibly wide range of times they come. I can't ever plan to be home for them, because they've been there as early as 11am and as late as 7pm, and everywhere in between.

I'd like to know why they fear the doorbell. And why they leave notes saying no one was home , despite a near full house of people all day.

[quote name='Ather']I'd like to know why they fear the doorbell. And why they leave notes saying no one was home , despite a near full house of people all day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, here it's like that with FedEx. UPS and USPS always knock (no doorbell), but I don't even know FedEx delivered unless I hear them put the package down against the door or check the tracking. Same way where I used to live, UPS and USPS (if it didn't fit in the mailbox, bigass mailbox) rang the doorbell, but not FedEx.

[quote name='dopa345']Having a hotel as a mailing address is just asking for trouble though. I would have it sent to a family or friend's address.[/QUOTE]

I didn't plan on winning just wanted some pizza :D

all forms of package delivery have been great to me. never had anything broken or late and when its bad weather they make sure it doesnt get messed up. sorry to hear of your problems.

I have only had a couple issues with UPS where I had to drive about 30 minutes to pickup the package(nothing major). FedEx has been pretty reliable for the most part. DHL on the other hand was horrible I used to have a job for a mail order pharmacy. We changed from FedEx to DHL in September by November we were back to FedEx.

I'm a fed-ex guy and a cag so support your fellow cag by shipping Fed-Ex!

Seriously tho a lot of my co-workers and I are gamers. We know what game shipments,consoles and pcs look like, and they all get special treatment from us.

[quote name='Ather']I'd like to know why they fear the doorbell. And why they leave notes saying no one was home , despite a near full house of people all day.[/QUOTE]

Just today, a USPS guy delivered a package to my front door (wasn't regular mail). He didn't even ring the bell though. How hard is it to just press the bell? I wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't seen him pull up and bring it to my door.

UPS around here has been pretty good to me, its USPS that decides to screw me over. Missing packages, I still have two items that are currently "stuck" nearly 5 months at a USPS processing center, the DC shows it arrived there but never left. I rarely use UPS, but when I do my packages arrive on time and in a acceptable manner.

bread's done
Back