UPS 'lost' my Call of Duty 4...WTF??

omgu8myrice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I ordered COD4 on amazon with overnight shipping (i have prime). It shipped via UPS, and when i checked the tracking number, it said the item was delivered at my front door. So i went outside, looked around, and found nothing! I contacted UPS who didnt do jack about it...then i called amazon and they said the UPS site lied, because the package had somehow been 'lost' while in transit. Thankfully amazon was cool about it and is sending my a replacement

My point is, how the hell can you lose a package...i always thought of UPS as a step above USPS, but now im not so sure. I hear stories about small letters and stuff being lost in the mail, but a package? with overnight delivery? Cmon.

Have you guys ever experienced weird carrier problems like this?

I have been waiting for my COD4 for a week. UPS seems to be getting hit hard with the holidays creeping up.

I used to work at a call center for a company that shipped UPS. It was not unusual to get a call from UPS saying a package was lost or was found destroyed and nothing was left in the box. It happens.

All the time actually. UPS blames Gamestop for not putting the label on properly. Gamestop blames UPS for not delivering the package.

Half the time, the lost package arrives a month later.

Then UPS says Gamestop should want it back since they had to file a claim. Then Gamestop says UPS should want it back because they had to pay the expenses.

I usually just mail it back via the post office and hope for the best.

I use to work for UPS and they crush more packages then they lose. $100 free insurance is great!

Leaving an item at your door is very risky. They should never do that.
DHL lost my $400 package that way. The insurance claim didnt give me the full amount and it took forever to get paid.

USPS is real screwy. They seem to all have a mental issue. last week my package was lost for 10 days at my own post office. I lost 1 package last year. SOL no insurance.

Good luck with your future shipments

[quote name='ICEPICC']I use to work for UPS and they crush more packages then they lose.[/quote]
My uncle works for UPS and he was telling me about that. He said that there are guys literally throwing thousand dollar LCD TVs into piles. I don't know how they can get away with that...

I've once been to a distributing wherehouse the took in shipments of electronics, and holy fuck EVERYTHING gets tossed around likes it nothing. TVs, Stereos, etc. Half the workers didn't speak English. It was quite a sight.

There are always mishaps here and there. A few years ago I shipped some stuff back home via UPS and the box, upon arrival, was covered in motor oil and it looked like someone ran it over twice. Thankfully, it was just clothing inside, it was insured, and nothing was damaged (wrapping everything in garbage bags as a precaution = lifesaver) but man, it looked like it was put through the wringer.

At least Amazon is sending another one out. Shipping mishaps are uncommon but once they hit they tend to shake up your views of some of these carriers.

yeah, i had a problem with a package stuck in seattle. last time i checked, the tracking info said it was received at their postal center; it wasn't updated until today, when it was delivered at my door (or just left there, basically). i ordered it almost a month ago, and basically forgot about it until it finally showed... gotta love the holiday season mail rush...

Ups is full of it,a couple of years ago someone from ups stole my recently bought ps2 i was sending to sony because i was hearing a loud noise from the console,it seemed that someone used a knife to open the package and the ups people agreed that someone from their company stole it but i should have gotten the extra insurance because their basic payout is 100 bucks.

is USPS, fedex, dhl like this too? or is UPS the worst?

its a shame because UPS tries so hard through advertising to promote themselves as a trustworthy, reliable carrier. most people think its true too.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']is USPS, fedex, dhl like this too? or is UPS the worst?

its a shame because UPS tries so hard through advertising to promote themselves as a trustworthy, reliable carrier. most people think its true too.[/quote]

From personal experience, USPS is the worst, but that is expected. And to me, FedEx, DHL, and UPS are about the same, a matter of perferences really. Though I probably hate FedEx the most, since they always just seem to leave packages when nobody answers, and I live in an apartment so it can easily get stolen.

USPS is probably the worst just because their tracking system absolutely BLOWS, and anything international is handled by different post offices (increasing the chances of something being lost).

As far as UPS, up to $100 is automatically insured and tracking is included. For international things, UPS is considerably safer (albeit more expensive) because UPS handles packages worldwide - it's always in the UPS system and never in someone else's possession. It is true, though - UPS guys are pretty rough about handling packages. Always make sure your stuff is packed well (bubble wrap, foam fill, and double boxed if possible) if it's high value or delicate - loaded in a truck, your items are often stacked with other heavy things.

If it's small (ie, a game), you're probably better off with USPS because anything size 0 mailer or Priority Media Box are hand-carried - they generally never touch a conveyor belt. It's cheap, but tracking is more or less a crapshoot. Insure it if it's important, or consider UPS (roughly $6-8 for UPS Ground under 1 lb, but that includes tracking and insurance).

FedEx partners with the USPS, so a lot of the same goes for them as well. Don't know much about DHL

I feel your pain. My copy from Gamefly never showed up. This is the 2nd time since they switched me over to their Pennsylvania distribution center that I haven't received a game. Assuming they have another copy available to send me tomorrow, I won't be playing COD4 until next week. :cry:

Just call your local UPS warehouse and have them file a claim. (takes about 8 business days, but atleast you dont lose your money.)

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']My uncle works for UPS and he was telling me about that. He said that there are guys literally throwing thousand dollar LCD TVs into piles. I don't know how they can get away with that...[/QUOTE]

They are union employees; they can't be fired unless they kill a few people.

Dude, you guys need to work a warehouse job for 1 month and then you'll realize how shitty box shuffling truly is. I do the deliveries and sometimes the packing and it's utterly mindless. Your mind goes on autopilot and you don't pay attention to what you do. It truly sucks what happens at UPS but I can empathize with WHY it happens but not with LETTING it happen. I've had an overnite take 5 days to show up and it really sucked cuz I needed it for the weekend... oh well, shit happens.

So instead of everyone making a new thread about how UPS fucked up your order over the holidays; just realize it's life... deal with it and move on.

'Tis the season
for drinking the tears away

[quote name='Magehart']just realize it's life... deal with it and move on.

'Tis the season
for drinking the tears away
[/quote]

if everyone followed that, no progress would be made

i know a few guys who worked at our local ups place...they dont even care about your packaging....and stuff gets stolen all the time. Depending on a shipping label, ppl can tell whats in the box. I try t stay away from ups for any valuable stuff, worth over their $100 policy...and i ship games through USPS

bread's done
Back