UPS or USPS (or heck, FedEx?)

EnderBui

CAGiversary!
I am shipping from Michigan to California.

The package is 11 lb's and 15 x 15 x 5.5 inches.

I'm just wondering who is the cheapest and fastest?

I did the USPS and UPS online calculations and it seems USPS guarantee's 2 days for about $20. UPS though, is about $13 and guarenteed in about 6 days.

People have been telling me that UPS is better, but I'm not so sure now.

Help please?

Thanks.

USPS is probably cheaper, but that's the postal service for ya. Since it's so big, I'd personally go with UPS, and if anything's fragile or breakable, be sure to get insurance with either carrier.

USPS is cheaper
UPS is more reliable and trackin is pretty good
Fedex Best tracking thing IMO (one day i was supposed to recieve a box at 6:35, I checked at 6:20, wasnt there, checked at 6:37, it was there)

I work for Shipping & Receiving at a hospital and usually Fedex is the most reliable. We send 90% of our packages out Fedex. UPS tends to arrive late and they often deliver damaged packages.

NOT FEDEX...they screwed up and sent my package to the wrong apartment (and yes, it was them and not the shipper), and if its over $100 they need a signature. So the apt they delivered it to was empty so they signed for it P.ORCH and the package was stolen and they refuse to refund my money (I filed a claim which was denied) or even admit fault. I hate Fed EX!!

FedEx Ground will probably be the cheapest, for non-USPS, though they only do deliveries from Tue-Sat.

UPS would be more expensive than FedEx Ground, though you should be able to do 3-day Groundtrac for not a whole lot of money.

What about DHL? Checked with them?

UPDATE:

USPS: 2 Days Guaranteed - $20.90
FedEx: 4 Business Days - $8.77
UPS: 6 Days Guaranteed - $14

Edit: What is DHL?

[quote name='EnderBui']UPDATE:

USPS: 2 Days Guaranteed - $20.90
FedEx: 4 Business Days - $8.77
UPS: 6 Days Guaranteed - $14

Edit: What is DHL?[/quote]

DHL is the company that bought and took over Airborne.

I personally haven't had any issues with them. At least one person in the thread seems to have, as it seems.

DHL hasn't screwed me but they seem pretty slow and somewhat erratic. They're better known in Europe.

Fedex is usually faster and very reliable, the guy always gets here within the same 5 minute window every time I have a package coming in.

The Post Office is the Post Office. Nothing wrong with them except for tracking while en route, but you don't really need that anyway.

UPS... I know people that work at UPS, I've been to one of their package centers (whatever they're called). If your package can be damaged, it will be. Their delivery guys have always been real nice though. And they take longer.

But as always, price should be a big factor. Fedex looks like the clear winner here for $8.77.

I would just go by the lowest rate / fastest delivery time combination. All the carriers are fine. They each have problems. They nice thinf about the USPS is they deliver on Saturday.

My experience is that FedEx is cheaper than UPS and I find it to be better. I wouldn't trust the USPS with a pckage like that unless it is something that isn't "irreplaceable".

Well, I'm choosing FedEx since I'm sending it tomorrow. (Xbox to be modded with light, etc.)

I'll tell you how it goes.

bread's done
Back