Urban Dead - The Official Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

Btw, i need to buy a new skill and these are the ones i do not have yet.

Knife Combat
NecroTech Employment
First Aid
Diagnosis
Body Building
Tagging
Radio Operation
Headshot

Headshot, Diagnosis, NT Employment and Body Building are all ones that I would consider. Assuming you're carrying all combat-related stuff at the moment, Body Building or Headshot would be you best choices.

PMs with new orders coming shortly.

I probably won't make it to the new suburb in a while, I'm at the mall in Blyth loading up on ammoz.

Finallly got revived, hence why I'm so behind. I kept getting killed and crap, that wasn't fun.

[quote name='Maklershed']Finally got free running :bouncy:[/quote]

That is when the game really picks up - when you can finally enter some fucking buildings! Also remember that you can enter a ruined building and free run from it into a regular building. I think there might be a little risk of falling, but it is still an option. Maybe it is just me, but I always seem to pass up the ruined buildings thinking they are not usable.

I'll tell you what, the zeds are not letting up. East Boundwood, where my alt currently resides, is a nightmare. I keep helping the locals retake the PDs, etc., only to have them fall again in a matter of hours.

Don't worry. We pretty much just have to show up - the others will have things more-or-less dealt with for the night. The real challenge will come later.

Aright. Man you guys have actually made me go back to this game. I am going to have to read through the thread to find out whats going on with you guys.

Ha. I logged back into my char and realized I have been dead for 6 months. I have 50 action points though.

Might start another guy so I can also be human.

[quote name='JolietJake']Do not speak of any plans in the thread Sood. PM crotch if you want to know the specifics of what we're doing.[/quote]

Ha.

Thats funny to me. That there are spies lurking and waiting to kill us. This is going to be fun.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Ha.

Thats funny to me. That there are spies lurking and waiting to kill us. This is going to be fun.[/quote]
Well evidence suggests that is has happened in the past. For a while it seemed like we were being stalked by a few people.

Huh. The cades are already starting to get clawed at. Level's at VHB right now; not sure how many zeds are attacking, though.

EDIT: And now we've been refueled.

Played for a little today...just enough to check out some stuff around my starting spot.

Tried to kill a zombie and failed hardcore. Wasted most of my pistol ammo.

Whats the best way to get XP because shooting zombies doesnt look like its going to happen for a while.

I prefer to axe, but you started as a cop. I vaguely recall cop being a horrible starting class. Private's better due to the number of clips they start with.

EDIT: Also, folks - save for the EXP gained, AP and ammo spent attacking enemies outside of a building is wasted AP. They just stand up again, remember? AP is for barricading, healing, moving, and when enemies are inside, ass-whomping.

I started as a cop. In the beginning all I did was heal people. The good old days of being low leveled. It kinda sucked, but once you level up a bit it definitely gets much better. But yeah, fireman would have been better IMO for someone starting out.

God damnit, I got pked. There's a bunch of pkers running amuck. I actually got udtoolbar and udtool up and running, but I was too late to notice i was dead. Oh well, I guess I'll stand up tomorrow and head to a RP. Hopefully I can get revived soon.

Well since I just started and you can make more than one account is it a big enough deal that I should just start over as a fireman?

Well today I have been royally Gamestopped in Malton...

First my alt account is murdered outside of the Bale Mall massacre.

Then my CAS account is murdered in an EHB hideout in North Blythville.

Wow, just wow. Since I'd like to role play this game always as a human, I'm going to let those accounts deactivate. I was fully leveled up with both, and really had nowhere else to go. I'm going to sleep on another character and bring him into the fray shortly thereafter. Rather be dead than a zahmbah.

hmm I've got two things (pool cue and a crowbar) that I don't know if its even worth holding on to

oh and I'll be meeting back up with you guys in a bit, I'm not that far from everyone

[quote name='rywateska']Well today I have been royally Gamestopped in Malton...

First my alt account is murdered outside of the Bale Mall massacre.

Then my CAS account is murdered in an EHB hideout in North Blythville.

Wow, just wow. Since I'd like to role play this game always as a human, I'm going to let those accounts deactivate. I was fully leveled up with both, and really had nowhere else to go. I'm going to sleep on another character and bring him into the fray shortly thereafter. Rather be dead than a zahmbah.[/quote]

So if you die thats it?

I thought you could somehow come back as a human.

You can come back to life. You die, stand up (10 AP w/o ankle grab) as a zombie, get someone to revive you, drop back down, then stand up again (same deal) as a ppl. 'Course, you get that dreaded "Died #" counter in your profile.

[quote name='fart_bubble']hmm I've got two things (pool cue and a crowbar) that I don't know if its even worth holding on to

oh and I'll be meeting back up with you guys in a bit, I'm not that far from everyone[/QUOTE]

you can drop the pool cue. keep the crowbar if you don't have an axe. if you have an axe, drop the crowbar.

Yeah, got killed for the first time... It's somewhat hard to stay untouched unless you're lucky (probably significantly harder since last update). It's either you get ransacked by zeds or pked. Lucky, or rather unlucky for me, I got pked...

The +1 ap consumption while moving as a zed is a bitch as well. Unless you get the zed skill which reduces it back to 1 ap per movement.

Watch out for Chansama if you see him within our vicinity.

Man, if Statisticus didn't refuel the gen, we probably wouldn't be at loosely 'caded right now. Luckily there's only 8 zombies clawing outside.

EDIT: Sweet. Picked a nice time to check up. We got a new suburb!

Game News: To celebrate the launch of George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead, we've opened a temporary second map in the city of Monroeville. Create a new character there and you can loot a video camera to edit together your own video diary of the zombie apocalypse, with Romero box-set prizes available for UK players.

EDITdos: Haha, starting a new character lands you in Monroeville. I'm outside Lee Street School, coordinates [360-69].

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']WE GOT A SPY! SOMEONE RAN IN WITH AN INFECTION, DESTROYED THE GENERATOR AND IS EATING US! GET OUT OR KILL THE ZED QUICK BEFORE WE SUFFER TOO MANY Deaths![/quote]

Killed a zombie, and got the cades back up to Lightly Barricaded. The building needs reinforcement now!

~HotShotX

Myself and JerichoHIll did what we could do this morning, but the cades came immediately back down.

I have no freaking idea where PSS is. I'v eyelled at them for help

[quote name='rywateska']Since I'd like to role play this game always as a human, I'm going to let those accounts deactivate. I was fully leveled up with both, and really had nowhere else to go. I'm going to sleep on another character and bring him into the fray shortly thereafter. Rather be dead than a zahmbah.[/quote]:wall:

bread's done
Back