Average score: 77.6%

Well that sucks.. freaking Puritans.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='homeland']just a fyi.. you spelled American wrong.[/QUOTE]

I just copied that from the Yahoo article. Thanks for pointing it out though

You answered 27 out of 33 correctly — 81.82 %
Average score for this quiz during November: 77.6%

I was a bit confused on a few, but there were some that I was like "@_@, why did they include this at all?"

You answered 32 out of 33 correctly — 96.97 %

I missed #27.

I would not really call it basic, I did well because I have taken more than a few economics classes and a class specifically on Germany.

You answered 32 out of 33 correctly — 96.97 %

Missed the very last question. I'm not much on economics.

I think the poor scores quoted in the Yahoo article are due to guessers. The current average is much higher, from people taking it on their own accord (not being asked to take it). I also question how many of these self-identified public officials were being honest, or even read that question before bubbling in their answer to it...

I can't believe the scores quoted in the article, i don't think i even did that well.

You answered 28 out of 33 correctly — 84.85 %

Not bad, I guess.
Though what does scare me is that only 50% of people know the three branches of our government.
Honestly, wtf?

I mentioned that to somebody at my school once and they just rolled their eyes. Don't they teach this stuff anymore?

You answered 28 out of 33 correctly — 84.85 %

It was fun. Some of the answers I got I recently learned from bumping around the internet.

You answered 24 out of 33 correctly — 72.73 %

Considering I rushed... Meaning I COULD've gotten some more answers correct.
And I laughed as I did these questions, since some of them were declared null, due to Bush and cronies.

Considering I rushed... Meaning I COULD've gotten some more answers correct.
And I laughed as I did these questions, since some of them were declared null, due to Bush and cronies.

Decent, but I have room for improvement.

[quote name='KingBroly']So...anyone have to heart to tell them the answer they're looking for in question 1 is wrong?[/quote]

"life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" is wrong? How is that?

#33 is an incorrectly worded question/answer, or at least purposefully misleading.

33) If taxes equal government spending, then:
A. government debt is zero
B. printing money no longer causes inflation
C. government is not helping anybody
D. tax per person equals government spending per person
E. tax loopholes and special-interest spending are absent

The answer is D, tax per person = spending per person. It implies government provides services proportional to the tax a person pays, which is impossible and usually inverse in proportion to the tax one person pays. I answered A, government debt is zero which would be the logical result of spending=taxation. If the question stated AVERAGE tax/person = Average spending/person I wouldn't have a problem with it.

#31 is obviously flawed as well.

[quote name='SpazX']"life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" is wrong? How is that?[/quote]

14th amendment, section 1.

[quote name='bmulligan']#33 is an incorrectly worded question/answer, or at least purposefully misleading.

The answer is D, tax per person = spending per person. It implies government provides services proportional to the tax a person pays, which is impossible and usually inverse in proportion to the tax one person pays. I answered A, government debt is zero which would be the logical result of spending=taxation. If the question stated AVERAGE tax/person = Average spending/person I wouldn't have a problem with it.[/QUOTE]

Technically spending=taxes has nothing to do with debt. It means the government deficit is zero, but there still may be debt. But it's worded in a confusing way because it's easy to assume they mean over a long time and not just for a short period like a year.

[quote name='KingBroly']14th amendment, section 1.[/quote]

Well what the hell does that have to do with the Declaration of Independence?

[quote name='KingBroly']14th amendment, section 1.[/quote]
It asks "Which of the following are the inalienable rights referred to in the Declaration of Independence?"

They are referred to in the Declaration of Independence.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/index.htm

[quote name='JolietJake']
They are referred to in the Deceleration of Independence.
[/quote]

Ah yes, that hallowed document that called for putting the brakes on independence.;)

[quote name='bmulligan']#33 is an incorrectly worded question/answer, or at least purposefully misleading.

The answer is D, tax per person = spending per person. It implies government provides services proportional to the tax a person pays, which is impossible and usually inverse in proportion to the tax one person pays. I answered A, government debt is zero which would be the logical result of spending=taxation. If the question stated AVERAGE tax/person = Average spending/person I wouldn't have a problem with it.

#31 is obviously flawed as well.[/QUOTE]

Tax per person is, by definition, an average... it's / ...

A isn't right because as elprincipe mentioned debt =\= deficit...

I've gotta disagree with you, I think it's a straightforward question with one clear correct answer... if anything, I think its fault is that it doesn't test knowledge of economics or civics as anyone with an understanding of averages can answer it.

Average score for this quiz during November: 77.9%
Average score: 77.9%

Answers to Your Missed Questions:

Question #7 - D. Gettysburg Address
Question #8 - C. appoint additional Supreme Court justices who shared his views
Question #15 - E. Thomas Jefferson’s letters
Question #27 - A. the price system utilizes more local knowledge of means and ends
Question #29 - B. a resident can benefit from it without directly paying for it
Question #30 - C. decreasing taxes and increasing spending

Not terrible, but some of these questions are just really specific, although I shouldn't complain, I should really brush up on this stuff.

[quote name='looploop']Ah yes, that hallowed document that called for putting the breaks on independence.;)[/quote]
Damn firefox and it's spell check, damn it to hell!!!:lol:;)

bread's done
Back