Use your DS to watch television feed and order food at Mariners games

drfunk85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I found this pretty interesting:
http://www.physorg.com/news103126310.html

Basically Nintendo has started a service where you can do some cool stuff with your DS in the ballpark during Mariners games. You can order food and have it delivered to you, and you can also watch the TV feed which is good to catch replays. You can also play trivia and access stats. It sounds pretty cool, hopefully it catches on and they develop even more features. Unfortunately it costs $5 a game of $30 for 10 games.

It should be noted that Nintendo owns the Mariners. Not that it means anything other than it makes rolling out a trial program like this easier from a legal standpoint.

Additionally, kudos to Nintendo for the small scale test. It could work out the bugs and make this something that would work well at other sports too. Football comes to mind as a sport thats friendly for this kind of service.

This is very, very cool. Sucks it costs 5 dollars, but the cost is actually not that bad for those who don't own portable televisions. Also, depending on the video quality, it could be incredibly awesome.

I'm imagining Ichiro and Ellison in the dugout using Pictochat to send a "thx 4 coverin 4 us dude" message to Batista in the locker room.

That's pretty awesome, $5.00 is a lot if you have season tickets or something but if you're only going to one baseball game a month, or for the whole year than it's reasonable.

[quote name='yukine']That's pretty awesome, $5.00 is a lot if you have season tickets or something but if you're only going to one baseball game a month, or for the whole year than it's reasonable.[/quote]

Not really... It says
$5 a pop for one game or $30 for 10 games.

3 dollars a game isn't bad if you buy it that way

If you have certain seats, I forget what they were called, they deliver food to you anyways. But $5 to be able to do all that from any seat? Sold.

I think I'll go see another Mariner's game this summer.....maybe I'll bring my DS.

that's just crazy. i live in seattle and love the mariners. i like the idea of seeing replays while watching the game. it should be cheaper. but i think it's a really fun idea.

This is a great idea. I bet in 10 years we all do this with our phones at Sporting events. I can easily see myself texting for more $9 Beers!

Sounds really neat to me, although charging $5 for it is very lame IMO.

If the Nationals had something like that I'd actually probably go to a game specifically to check it out. (Well and I do enjoy going to an MLB game every once in a while.)

[quote name='wubb']Sounds really neat to me, although charging $5 for it is very lame IMO.

If the Nationals had something like that I'd actually probably go to a game specifically to check it out. (Well and I do enjoy going to an MLB game every once in a while.)[/quote]

It is not necessarily 5 dollars a game. If you buy 10, it is 30, so it is 3 dollars a game that way...

Everyone seems to overlook that

[quote name='wubb']How many people go to 10 games? I'm lucky to get to 1 per season.[/QUOTE]

I go to 10 or more. It helps that (1) the Reds are awful, so seats are cheap and plentiful, (2) I live close enough to Great American so that I can get there by bicycle in 10 minutes, and (3) I have a flexible work schedule.

I was kind of appalled at the idea of going out in public to watch TV (and pay for it, no less!) at first, but depending on how stats are accessed during the game, that may be a really cool feature. Or, if you're the Reds, really depressing.

I'd definitely try it out if they had this in Milwaukee. I was at a Brewers game earlier this summer and went to get some food during the 6th inning. Brewers were ahead 4-0 at the time, by the time I got back to my seat it was 4-2 and there were two on. And it'd be great on dollar dog nights when it's actually worth it to buy food. Stats would be nice, there's been a couple times at games this season where I was interested in a stat not displayed on the score board. And replays would be great if the quality is decent.

[quote name='drfunk85'] You can order food and have it delivered to you, and you can also watch the TV feed which is good to catch replays. You can also play trivia and access stats. [/QUOTE]

You could also use it for entertainment since the game itself is so boring :p (although the people-watching at ball games is excellent)

so, i'm going on sunday, i'll bring my ds and see what happens.

if i'm able to use it i'll let you know, i'm not sure if it's out yet.

bread's done
Back