used dreamcast?

assassinX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
does anyone know if eb will ever sell used dreamcasts again? I missed the other sale :cry: so right now i am just looking for a used dreamcast to buy, not looking to buy from cagers (sorry). I just want to go in the store quick and fast and buy one :D. Also, im sorry if this has been posted but I searched.

When did EB stop selling them? Have you at a B&M store if they have any? The sale was only 5 bucks off. They usually sell them for $19.99.

Yeah, EBs seems to usually have them if you ask. If not, pretty much any used shop seems to have 'em sitting around or in back.

there was 1 on ebgames.com this morning when they did their morning update around 4am pacific time. it was $19.99 before coupons.

[quote name='assassinX']are u sure that they still have them i checked the eb site and found nothing[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're going to have alot more luck at a local store.

local stores have told me they're going to stop buying used dreamcasts, as of like, today. That probably means no more systems for sale, because all the ones around me are currently sold out. My black Sega Sport edition just crapped out on me, so maybe the stores will get one last shipment and I can luck into a replacement.

I thought EB sold them for $9.99? That's how much I paid for mine. I was laughing because the VMU almost cost as much as the Dreamcast did.

yeah, that's how much i paid when i bought it during that sale. the first one didn't work, so i traded it out. the second one worked when i brought it home. i proceeded to neglect it since i don't have too many DC games, and when i actually had a game i wanted to play, it didn't work anymore. DCs are shitty.

Summary:

EB will continue to sell their current inventory but no longer accepts Dreamcasts as trade-ins. Eventually their inventory will dry up so look around while you can.

The price ranges anywhere from $10 to $20 based on EB's sales. I've seen it dip as low as "Buy a DC for $10 get a free $5 game" and as high as $25. I own 3 for that reason - just in case one of my 2 Special EA Sports black editions die :)

EB retail locations have a much better chance of stocking a Dreamcast than the website location ever will, not to mention the 50,000 hungry game fans clicking away at the site daily, so shop locally.

I am a Poopsicle McPoopsmith.

[quote name='Haggar']I thought EB sold them for $9.99... I was laughing because the VMU almost cost as much as the Dreamcast did.[/QUOTE]

Used Sega VMUs used to sell for $1.99 at EB. Were you buying them new?

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Used Sega VMUs used to sell for $1.99 at EB. Were you buying them new?[/QUOTE]

No, it was used. The Dreamcast was $9.99 and the VMU (1st party, used) scanned in at $7.99. I was like "Are you sure that's right?" and he checked again.

eBay. No, I'm serious...their prices on used DC's are usually dirt cheap. I managed to get a BRAND NEW DC a few months back for $50 on eBay. *Hugs DC*

It's a shame these are disappearing since it's such a great system. It'll suck if mine ever dies and I can't find another one. I wish Majesco would reproduce these like they did the Genesis.

Majesco did that genesis reproduction? Shit! They're literally 5 minutes from my house.. We should make a petition and I'll bring it to them ;)

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Majesco did that genesis reproduction? Shit! They're literally 5 minutes from my house.. We should make a petition and I'll bring it to them ;)[/QUOTE]

I just looked it up to make sure I wasn't remembering incorrectly. Looks like they did make the Genesis 3 model.

[quote name='megashock5']I just looked it up to make sure I wasn't remembering incorrectly. Looks like they did make the Genesis 3 model.[/QUOTE]

They also made the Game Gear Core, IIRC.

bread's done
Back