Used game is discolored

tdphillips

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I picked up a used copy of Disgaea from ebgames.com using the aff25 code. I received the game today, and everything seems to be in good condition, except the most important thing, the disc. :( There is a pretty good size area on the disc that looks discolored. I would post a pic but I don't think my digital cam can get a good shot of it. Does anyone know what this discoloring is? I've played the game and it seems to work fine, got through the tutorials. Do you think an EB games store would exchange it for a better copy? I can't really prove that it doesn't work yet. And by the time I could say it would definitely work or not work for sure I would easily be outside the 30 day limit. So the question is, what should I do?

Thanks for all the help.

Peopel do weird things to their games. I would take it back and exchange it. Say is skips at certain points in the game,

[quote name='BigNick']Peopel do weird things to their games. I would take it back and exchange it. Say is skips at certain points in the game,[/quote]

i agree

don't hesitate, send that sucker back! Last thing you would want is to be 60 hrs into it, only to have it not load up a specific level, or cutscene.

just swap it at the store... they are cool about things like that..

[quote name='-Never4ever-']don't hesitate, send that sucker back! Last thing you would want is to be 60 hrs into it, only to have it not load up a specific level, or cutscene.[/quote]

Are you talking about discoloring beneath the plastic, because my Disgaea was the exact same way, but never effected the game at all

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I'm gonna try to take it to my local EB. Hopefully they have a copy in stock.

And yes, it seems to be almost under the plastic. I can't wipe it off. And no, it's not the "PS2" emblems. :wink:

[quote name='bmulligan']I'd definitely take it back, especially after reading this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3940669.stm[/quote]

Wow, that's an interesting article. It makes you wonder if, in 10-15 years, are most of our games going to be unplayable. It's scary to think that in 15 years, we may still be able to play NES and SNES games, but PSX and PS2 games will be pretty much obsolete.

Update:

I stopped by a local EB today. The guy behind the counter was very helpful, but they had no Disgaea, new or used :( . I was bummed, but the guy began calling other EBs locally and found one that was willing to trade out the disc in a new copy. To say the least I was, um, happy. So I went and picked up my new Disgaea disc, and they put my old disc in their "new" copy (in other words, you probably don't want to buy opened "new" copies of games at EB or GS). So I have a new disc that is correctly disc-colored, not discolored :wink: .

[quote name='tdphillips']Update:

I stopped by a local EB today. The guy behind the counter was very helpful, but they had no Disgaea, new or used :( . I was bummed, but the guy began calling other EBs locally and found one that was willing to trade out the disc in a new copy. To say the least I was, um, happy. So I went and picked up my new Disgaea disc, and they put my old disc in their "new" copy (in other words, you probably don't want to buy opened "new" copies of games at EB or GS). So I have a new disc that is correctly disc-colored, not discolored :wink: .[/quote]

Thats why I fucking hate EB. They are gonna try and pawn that use piece of shit to some customer for $50.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I doubt any NES or SNES games will be playable 15 years down the line. Well in this case we can truly be thankful for emulation.[/quote]

NES is already 20 years old and plays fine. My Xbox and Game Cube games better work in 20 more years.

bread's done
Back