Used Nocturne Gamestop $59.99

[quote name='davo1224']Yeah I hate to thread crap but who would want to pay $15 more for a used, most likely incomplete copy?[/quote]

even with the CAG 16% discount + edge card 10% off + SAVER free shipping, i'd still have to pay $49.54 (chicago tax 9.25% i think). just get it from play-asia for about the same price shipped and then you won't have to worry about it being incomplete.

Gamestop is run by such douchebags. You know they were storing these waiting for the price to hit even higher, and as soon as a reprint surfaces, they magically have these.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Gamestop is run by such douchebags. You know they were storing these waiting for the price to hit even higher, and as soon as a reprint surfaces, they magically have these.[/quote]

i agree

thats why i stopped being friends with high school people who work at gamestop :bomb:

[quote name='jacknicklson']Gamestop is run by such douchebags. You know they were storing these waiting for the price to hit even higher, and as soon as a reprint surfaces, they magically have these.[/QUOTE]

why would they want to sell as soon as other competitors emerge? sounds like a bad decision.

Besides, here there exists a chance, albeit remote, that they sneak you in a soundtrack.

If not, try what i did.

When i bought Fatal frame 2, i told them all i recieved was a disc, and they let me have the manual and case from the shelf when i showed them the crime. I was happy. So just find which store near you has a used copy, and ask them for the other juicy items when you tell them the website only sent you the game. voila?

[quote name='ihavenolife123']When i bought Fatal frame 2, i told them all i recieved was a disc, and they let me have the manual and case from the shelf when i showed them the crime. I was happy. So just find which store near you has a used copy, and ask them for the other juicy items when you tell them the website only sent you the game. voila?[/quote]The problem with that is that this game has such a high price tag because it is rare, or at least uncommon. For some people, the closest GameStop with it might be over 50 miles away.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']why would they want to sell as soon as other competitors emerge? sounds like a bad decision.

Besides, here there exists a chance, albeit remote, that they sneak you in a soundtrack.

If not, try what i did.

When i bought Fatal frame 2, i told them all i recieved was a disc, and they let me have the manual and case from the shelf when i showed them the crime. I was happy. So just find which store near you has a used copy, and ask them for the other juicy items when you tell them the website only sent you the game. voila?[/quote]

Very YMMV.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']why would they want to sell as soon as other competitors emerge? sounds like a bad decision.

If not, try what i did.

When i bought Fatal frame 2, i told them all i recieved was a disc, and they let me have the manual and case from the shelf when i showed them the crime. I was happy. So just find which store near you has a used copy, and ask them for the other juicy items when you tell them the website only sent you the game. voila?[/quote]

I meant they were holding out for the price to rise even more. Once they saw new copies were being sold again, they magically have used copies available online for almost 50% more than a new copy. Seems shady to me

[quote name='jacknicklson']I meant they were holding out for the price to rise even more. Once they saw new copies were being sold again, they magically have used copies available online for almost 50% more than a new copy. Seems shady to me[/QUOTE]

I doubt that... I'm guessing this might be some of those new copies they're getting that they just open up and sell off as used.

[quote name='Vinny']I doubt that... I'm guessing this might be some of those new copies they're getting that they just open up and sell off as used.[/quote]

Even better! ;)

[quote name='Vinny']I doubt that... I'm guessing this might be some of those new copies they're getting that they just open up and sell off as used.[/quote]

I agree with this. IIRC, when Gamequest Direct had some games reprinted, they sold some to GS who opened them and sold them as used. Frankly, GS knows the bigger outcry that would happen if they sold a sealed game for more than original MSRP. But since they have complete control over used pricing, it gives them much more freedom.

[quote name='jacknicklson']I meant they were holding out for the price to rise even more. Once they saw new copies were being sold again, they magically have used copies available online for almost 50% more than a new copy. Seems shady to me[/quote]

Did you ever think that all of these people got these new copies from the same batch? Gamestop isn't holding copies of an obscure rpg waiting for the price to go up. They can sell a used copy for whatever they want, especially when it's as rare as nocturne.

[quote name='mrlokievil']Did you ever think that all of these people got these new copies from the same batch? Gamestop isn't holding copies of an obscure rpg waiting for the price to go up. They can sell a used copy for whatever they want, especially when it's as rare as nocturne.[/quote]

That thought obviously crossed my mind, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Either scenario is bad business imo and is an insult to gamers. They are not a pawn shop or an ebay company, but a nation retail chain. They should not charge ebay prices for used copies especially when they are charging the same for disc-only vs. mint, complete copies.

Just my two cents/rant/etc.

wow...

[quote name='jeremywoods']wow...[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean by that but it's (GS opening new games and sell them as used) probably true... because they're done it before with Persona 2 and Rhapsody.:whistle2:|

wait...when did SMT: Nocturne get a reprint?! *feels out of loop*...does anyone have a link for the thread that has the play asia coupon(s) that was floating around?

bread's done
Back