Used on Amazon?

Specter Fate

CAGiversary!
For anyone who has bought something on Amazon used, how accurate is the item description?

For example, if I bought a DSi in "Used - Good" condition, would it be scratched but play like new, or look new and play ok?

It depends on the seller; generally it's better to buy from those who write detailed descriptions (unless the price is low enough where it's worth taking a chance).

If I was writing copy for a DS, "Good" would mean that everything works w/ some screen scratches or other cosmetic issues. Generally I make most of my purchases in the Very Good to Like New range; take into account that there's some temptation to push one's grading up a level to outsell the competition :bouncy:

One time I ordered Street Fighter 4 from the Amazon Warehouse. So I anxiously open the package up, pop the case open, and what do I see? Forza Motorsport 2.

From this point, I will not do business with the Amazon Warehouse again. As for the rest of the used games I've purchased from Amazon, its been good sailing.

[quote name='The Acacia Strain']One time I ordered Street Fighter 4 from the Amazon Warehouse. So I anxiously open the package up, pop the case open, and what do I see? Forza Motorsport 2.

From this point, I will not do business with the Amazon Warehouse again. As for the rest of the used games I've purchased from Amazon, its been good sailing.[/QUOTE]

What did they say when you contacted them about it?

[quote name='Survivalism']What did they say when you contacted them about it?[/QUOTE]

"Send it back, and we'll send you the right game" - Via Email.

Pretty much all that they could say to me. If anyone was brave enough, they could try swapping games out and doing this. Mine was shrink wrapped and everything, and had Forza Motorsport 2 in the Street Fighter 4 case.

Also this was before I learned that yelling at CSR really leaves an impression. I'm sure now if it happened, I would have some more Amazon credit. "I'm a Prime member and you guys can't even send me the right product!?" Anyways, I just turned around and sold the game to a friend that just bought a new 360. No money lost.

[quote name='The Acacia Strain']"Send it back, and we'll send you the right game" - Via Email.

Pretty much all that they could say to me. If anyone was brave enough, they could try swapping games out and doing this. Mine was shrink wrapped and everything, and had Forza Motorsport 2 in the Street Fighter 4 case.

Also this was before I learned that yelling at CSR really leaves an impression. I'm sure now if it happened, I would have some more Amazon credit. "I'm a Prime member and you guys can't even send me the right product!?" [/QUOTE]

People like you are why CSR's hate us. If the game was sealed how was amazon supposed to know the game was swapped? It could have happened in the factory or someone with a machine re-sealed it.

[quote name='The Acacia Strain']"Send it back, and we'll send you the right game" - Via Email.

Also this was before I learned that yelling at CSR really leaves an impression. I'm sure now if it happened, I would have some more Amazon credit. "I'm a Prime member and you guys can't even send me the right product!?" Anyways, I just turned around and sold the game to a friend that just bought a new 360. No money lost.[/QUOTE]

You showed them. How dare they not unshrinkwrap your game and check to make sure it is the right one. Of course then you would just yell at them about how they unwrapped your new game and demand a new one and credit for it. :roll:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...e=UTF8&nodeId=200143590&qid=1292683354&sr=1-1

These are the guidelines sellers are supposed to follow, so, if it's listed as good, it should be as follows:

Good: The item shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. The original instructions are included and are in acceptable condition. The item may be marked or identified, and show other signs of previous use. The item works perfectly and is in good overall shape.
So if you buy something listed as "Good" and it's not as stated above, you should be able to file an A-Z claim.

[quote name='Brian9824']People like you are why CSR's hate us. If the game was sealed how was amazon supposed to know the game was swapped? It could have happened in the factory or someone with a machine re-sealed it.[/QUOTE]

So because an Employee of Amazon put the wrong game in the respective case, and then sealed it, I should just, take it? I think not. Its bad for business, and Amazon's reputation. I ordered from their Warehouse. Their employee/branch is at fault, thus making them at responsible for the wrong game in the case. What would you have done? "Oh, Street Fighter is here! *opens* Forza Motorsport 2? Oh well, I'll just stick this over here with the rest of my I get pushed around products so the CSR's don't hate me.."

God forbid somebody say they know how to get credit for a problem they should have gotten it for long ago, but yet its okay to get credit for credit for a year's xbox live membership. Guess what? I did that too. I don't care if the CSR's hate anyone. They're getting paid to deal with/help out customers. Its their job to represent Amazon, and us at the same time. Think of them as a Judge, if you will.

As long as I'm getting the service and rightful product I am promised, I am happy. Basically because I expect legit and proper service from a company whom I pay for an expect service, I'm the reason that CSR's hate you all. Interesting.. Wait till you have to pay for Prime out of pocket, maybe you'll understand.

[quote name='momouchi']You showed them. How dare they not unshrinkwrap your game and check to make sure it is the right one. Of course then you would just yell at them about how they unwrapped your new game and demand a new one and credit for it. :roll:[/QUOTE]

It was the Amazon Warehouse, where they do everything. I'm assuming that they accidentally stuck the wrong game in the case, and shrink wrapped it. Likely it was a worker who wanted to hurry up and be done for the day. Honestly, I really don't give a fuck about shrink wrap on a used game. It was used, I wasn't even expecting shrink wrap. I just wanted Street Fighter and got Forza Motorsport 2.

If I ordered a new game, with the xbox seal, and received the wrong game, I would be calling the game corporation.:bouncy:

If you ordered from Amazon warehouse deals, all you had to do was go to the order and start up a return. Problem solved. No need to yell or be a dick to anyone. And getting credit for a stupid mistake like that just baffles me. Just send the game back. You're one of the reasons amazon has been getting strict as hell about credits. You really don't deserve $10 or so in credit because of a mistake.

And for the record, I have gotten the wrong games from Amazon WD before. The most recent was Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold edition. I got the regular game disc and not the Gold game disc. I simply returned it for free. Spent a whole 2 minutes of my life driving to the UPS store to drop it off, or I could have just handed it to a UPS driver that passes by almost daily.

bread's done
Back