Used PS2 20$ drop at Gamestop

Hmmm been meaning to get another one so my girlfriend wouldn't have to unhook and steal mine to bring it over to other peoples houses to play games.
I might go get that network adapter one. Ive been wanting one to put a hard drive in.

[quote name='jthieme']Looks like the combo pack also dropped in price:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=27912

This is even a better deal if you local store has one because it comes with the network adapter which still sells for 30ish on Ebay or is needed it you want to put a hard drive in it.[/quote]

Anyone install a hard drive in a ps2? Is it tough? I'm thinking about doing it to load my games onto that rather than scratching them up everytime I use them.

*edit found it super easy*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Anyone install a hard drive in a ps2? Is it tough? I'm thinking about doing it to load my games onto that rather than scratching them up everytime I use them.

*edit found it super easy*[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have a 500GB Seagate pata drive in mine, since this is a 2nd PS2 in my house It's really handy in that I
copied all of my discs to the drive so I can leave the discs in the other room by my slim. I also now have a portable game machine that I can take on trips with me and have access to all my games on the road. Google free MC Boot which is a softmod that allows a PS2 to run HD Loader from a memory card. You will need Swap Magic or someother method of running homebrew to do the initial setup but it's not needed after that.

[quote name='Burchamj']anyone know the trade in value.. my aunt wanted to know.. i told her it wasnt worth it. but anyone know?[/quote]

A few weeks ago, the fat one got $20. I traded mine in with the extra $20 promo (it's dead now), since it wouldn't read CD's, and I didn't want to sell a broken one on ebay or craigslist. I bit on that bundle promo they had for $100, but now I see I could have upgraded to a slim for just $30 if I had waited. Oh well, I guess the extra $30 got me two $10 games, a controller, and a memory card, so it's not terrible. I didn't really need the extra controller, though....

bread's done
Back