Used PSPgo for $69.99 at CowBoom (Back in stock)

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']i have launch psp1000 and am still afraid to learn how to install custom firmware[/QUOTE]

It's literally impossible to brick a 1000 (permanently), don't be afraid in the slightest.

Hmm I got my PSP Go from Cowboom today and it doesn't appear to take a charge. Either the cable or the device is beyond dead. Tried multiple USB ports too, including ones I know will charge my iPad, all with no luck. Sigh.

[quote name='McCarron']Hmm I got my PSP Go from Cowboom today and it doesn't appear to take a charge. Either the cable or the device is beyond dead. Tried multiple USB ports too, including ones I know will charge my iPad, all with no luck. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

I saw this posting about USB charging, looks like you'll need to pick up a charger.

Can a PSP be charged via USB with a flat battery ?. NO. The PSP battery has to have some battery power remaining in the battery to use this feature. You must be able to turn your system on, then you can choose this option when going through your system settings. Always remember to charge your system before your battery runs flat.

You might get lucky with your local Gamestop, they are $6.99. http://www.gamestop.com/psp/accessories/psp-go-ac-adapter/75789

This is a shot in the dark, but I heard on another board, the some sams clubs have the white psp go on clearance for like $32 Very YMMV but who knows you might get lucky. sku # 139385

My screen was scraped up despite getting one that said it wasn't. The body was badly scuffed up too. So I was likely going to return it anyways, depending on how it played but it wouldn't even charge.

I was just told from a Sam's Club friend that a local Sam's showed that they had one PSPgo in stock for $32, but after poking around the store's cages we couldn't find it. Too bad it would have been a great deal.

He's getting me a list of stores that may have it, I'll post that up later.

[quote name='McCarron']My screen was scraped up despite getting one that said it wasn't. The body was badly scuffed up too. So I was likely going to return it anyways, depending on how it played but it wouldn't even charge.

I was just told from a Sam's Club friend that a local Sam's showed that they had one PSPgo in stock for $32, but after poking around the store's cages we couldn't find it. Too bad it would have been a great deal.

He's getting me a list of stores that may have it, I'll post that up later.[/QUOTE]
There's a thread on SD about the Sam's Club deal and apparently it's extremely YMMV. Good luck though!

[quote name='dohdough']There's a thread on SD about the Sam's Club deal and apparently it's extremely YMMV. Good luck though![/QUOTE]

Yeah as I said I didn't get one, but I posted a list of locations to the Sam's Club thread for those hoping to find one.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9325702&postcount=25

[quote name='Reigami']It's back in stock from cowboom @79.99 hmmmm[/QUOTE]

So there is hope I'll get another one in return for the bricked one I sent back yesterday.

Got mine today in the mail. Ill start by saying mine was rated a 5 on what ever scale they use. It came in its original box which was a little dirty and bent no biggie the psp is in really good shape though only a very tiny scratch on the screen. no scuffs or anything on the body looks barely used . My only complaint is it said it came with everything ac power cord, usb cable, and ac adapter. But i did not receive the adaptor. Ill be emailing customer support to see if they make this right ill let you know what they say.

Mine was rated 5 (or maybe 6) and just arrived today. Condition appears to be near-mint...no scratches that I can see on the screen or anywhere else (I'm not going to search too hard for any because if I can't see them from a close/casual inspection then they don't really matter).

I did run into the problem mentioned by a previous poster where the battery was dead and my normal usb charged cradle wouldn't charge it. Fortunately the other poster's tip of using the Sony AC adapter to charge it worked (actually, I used the adapter that came with my HP Touchpad, which has a higher-output USB port, which was sufficient to start it charging).

Overall, I'm quite satisfied. Hope everyone else that got one ends up satisfied too (eventually).

I got a response from customer support they offered me a $5 partial refund or a return shipping label. Am happy with the overall product so i took the partial refund. ill track down a ac adapter this weekend. hopefully it will turn on when charged.

If you have an official USB AC Adapter for a high-power device like an iPad or other table, give it a shot and it might work (the one I got with my TouchPad did). Knockoff adapters may not have enough juice to kickstart the charging cycle.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Here's a thread I created last year about using your PSP (2000/3000 or go) with your TV.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288897

It includes some links (hopefully still valid) for a PSPgo dock that included used standard component output cables rather than the special PSPgo component cable that would only work with your PSPgo (preventing it from charging) or the official Sony PSPgo Dock (which was overpriced).

I prefer the PSPgo over the PSP because of the smaller size and DS3 support (more details and reasons provided in the other thread).[/QUOTE]
Quick question. Could you hook up 2 dulashock controllers? I have a piece of crap 1000, and an HP touchpad. Interested in a Go at a price like this, but wondering any benefits such as 2 player emulators on the big screen.

Might want to just some memory for my psp 1000.

Bah... I just bought one for $95 only last week because I needed one by this week. The worse part is that they printed the label last week (so they could charge me) but just had UPS pick up the item today and it won't get here until Friday.:bomb:

Could have saved roughly $15 with the coupon...

[quote name='Vinny']Bah... I just bought one for $95 only last week because I needed one by this week. The worse part is that they printed the label last week (so they could charge me) but just had UPS pick up the item today and it won't get here until Friday.:bomb:

Could have saved roughly $15 with the coupon...[/QUOTE]

Damn, that sucks on all fronts. Where did you buy from (so I can avoid them in the future)?

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Damn, that sucks on all fronts. Where did you buy from (so I can avoid them in the future)?[/QUOTE]

Cowboom.:whistle2:/

It was when they jacked up the prices back up to $90. There was one that was available for $81 so I snagged it. Not having free shipping is what really hurt.

Oh well.

[quote name='MegaKungFuRadio']Very nearly dropped $90 on a white one, but in the end, $20 was a significant enough percentage of the price that I settled for a black one.[/QUOTE]

I want a white one too.....it's never dropped below $90 :cry:

bread's done
Back