Used Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando help

PS3_Moose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I bought this game used from Gamestop just over a month ago and started playing it yesterday.

However, when I got to the Maktar Nebula and won the Electrolyzer and used it, the screen went black except for 2 small yellow dots on the left, a large yellow dot in the middle and sparks coming out at different intervals.

now I've seen a youtube walkthrough so I could see how it is supposed to look and I don't know what's up; am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to press a button or something? My only other guess is that the scratches on the disk are messing it up but Gamestop used games are "guaranteed to work" I thought....and I can't trade it for an identical copy because my 30 days expired...

does anyone have any suggestions?

As your tag is PS3_Moose, can I ask if you are playing this on a PS3? If so, is it an original 20 or 60 gig unit, or is it one of the software emulation backwards compatible units?

[quote name='Gourd']As your tag is PS3_Moose, can I ask if you are playing this on a PS3? If so, is it an original 20 or 60 gig unit, or is it one of the software emulation backwards compatible units?[/quote]

I'm playing it on the 80gb PS3 I just got in June (the MGS4 bundle)

It's worked fine so far with Ratchet and Clank, MLB 07 the Show, Fifa 08, and Final Fantasy XII though

This page, from Playstation.com, discusses this specific game title. Click the 80gb area. Search for Ratchet in the game field.

It mentions numerous times that "At a specific point during gameplay, the title hangs" on the current 80gb units. Both the original version and Greatest Hits version.

[quote name='Gourd']This page, from Playstation.com, discusses this specific game title. Click the 80gb area. Search for Ratchet in the game field.

It mentions numerous times that "At a specific point during gameplay, the title hangs" on the current 80gb units. Both the original version and Greatest Hits version.[/quote]

So pretty much there's no way around it hanging?

Well, outside of cleaning the disk and making sure you have the latest firmware, I'm not sure what you can do.

On Gamefaqs someone is complaining about this same issue, with a 60 gig.

I think I'll try popping my copy into my 60 gig PS3 and see if I get the issue.

[quote name='PS3_Moose']I bought this game used from Gamestop just over a month ago and started playing it yesterday.

However, when I got to the Maktar Nebula and won the Electrolyzer and used it, the screen went black except for 2 small yellow dots on the left, a large yellow dot in the middle and sparks coming out at different intervals.

now I've seen a youtube walkthrough so I could see how it is supposed to look and I don't know what's up; am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to press a button or something? My only other guess is that the scratches on the disk are messing it up but Gamestop used games are "guaranteed to work" I thought....and I can't trade it for an identical copy because my 30 days expired...

does anyone have any suggestions?[/quote]

I suggest you go try playing the game through the same location on a PS2 to see if the issue is not your copy of the game, then try it on another 80GB PS3 to see if it's your PS3. It's probably a problem with an entire group of PS3s but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Ok I'll try that then

After reading the issues on Gamespot that other people had (in the same spot as me) and checking the backwards compatibility on the ps3 website, it's the PS3's fault

Could this be fixed later on?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back