Used Red Dead Redemption $40.15 at GameStop

JustChico

CAGiversary!
I just picked up a used RDR from GameStop's website for $40.15. I used my Edge discount and stacked it with coupon code GS29. The code gives 15% off and free shipping on in-stock games $29.99 and up. The code is supposed to be good through 6/30/10.

If I'd have gone to the B&M it would have cost $52.49 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JustChico']I just picked up a used RDR from GameStop's website for $40.15. I used my Edge discount and stacked it with coupon code GS29. The code gives 15% off and free shipping on in-stock games $29.99 and up. The code is supposed to be good through 6/30/10.

If I'd have gone to the B&M it would have cost $52.49 :D[/QUOTE]

How did it cost $40.15? With that card and edge, it's $38.24 for me.

Theres coupon code 20PRE that gives 20% off used games. Should have used that instead, but nice that you pointed this out.
Maybe you can reorder with this code and cancel with old code.

Subtotal $35.99 with EDGE before SAVER coupon or shipping and tax

Been a while, how is GS with box quality on used stuff via the site these days? Can I expect stickers, manual, etc?

[quote name='Juese']Been a while, how is GS with box quality on used stuff via the site these days? Can I expect stickers, manual, etc?[/QUOTE]

I've had TERRIBLE luck with this lately. Well more than half of my used online orders have had no box and instructions. Fortunately my local GS is pretty good about exchanging the generic box for a real one.

It's a pain though :(

[quote name='Juese']Been a while, how is GS with box quality on used stuff via the site these days? Can I expect stickers, manual, etc?[/QUOTE]

I've had good luck with getting manuals with everything lately, but the boxes have been in only half-decent condition and usually have the white sticker over the price sticker (which says "defective, return to store." Honestly, I never even try it out to see if the game works or not; I always exchange it if I see it has that sticker on it. There are 3 gamestops really close to me so it's easy to do, albeit a hassle.

On the other hand, Gamestop has been shipping things to me more quickly than I order (if I order free saver shipping, I get it in 3 days a lot of the time). They have also been really good with CS lately - honestly, better than Amazon has been for me.

And having said all that...RDR for $40 already?! I am never buying a game new ever again. lol

[quote name='midloo']I've had TERRIBLE luck with this lately. Well more than half of my used online orders have had no box and instructions. Fortunately my local GS is pretty good about exchanging the generic box for a real one.

It's a pain though :([/QUOTE]

Same. My local store also exchanges them easily, but I feel weird asking all the time. I've had disc problems too. One of my PS3 games woudln't load more than 83% on initial setup due to scratches, so I had to exchange that. And two of my 360 discs where cracked when received. CS was very good though, and they took care of everything. I still buy from them because in the end, I get games that work, with full cases, for a good price with coupon codes. So I have to go through a little hassle sometimes, but it all works out in the end.

This had me all excited that RDR was 40.15 before deals @ gs.com

There were better deals on this game brand new with exclusive content on release date than this.

With the 20PRE and SAVER, it's a pretty darn good deal for this game. I bit on the PS3 version. Last time I ordered from GS half my order came complete, the other half were just generic cases, so here's hoping.

OP can you put USED in the title?

Thanks for fixing. I just point it out because some of us avoid or prefer certain retailers. If it's in the title....

thanks

lets hope this edit actually stays.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have not gotten the game by now, I would recomend waiting for the inevitable price drop. It is a great game, dont get me wrong, but I would assume you would have gotten it already if you really wanted it that bad. I love it, but I paid $43 NEW with one of the Gamestop % off deals since I had other games I also wanted at the time.

[quote name='Scorch']How did it cost $40.15? With that card and edge, it's $38.24 for me.[/QUOTE]

The diff is tax

[quote name='Arakias']Theres coupon code 20PRE that gives 20% off used games. Should have used that instead, but nice that you pointed this out.
Maybe you can reorder with this code and cancel with old code.

Subtotal $35.99 with EDGE before SAVER coupon or shipping and tax[/QUOTE]
I've been trying to cancel my original order for a couple of hours and use these codes instead. Thanks :)

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Not to be a jerk, but this really shouldn't have it's own thread...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, noob mistake.

[quote name='padlok']OP can you put USED in the title?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, another noob mistake. Can I edit the title once the thread has been created?

[quote name='gokou1628']Is there any exclusive codes with a new copy or it doesn't matter if I get the used one?
thx[/QUOTE]

You only got codes from the Special Edition (preorder only). The regular edition (New or Used) will not have any codes in the packaging.

tempting

$39.99 + tax using pre20 +saver codes

or

$29.99 + tax using the Super Mario Galaxy $20 credit

decisions, decisions

Or wait till freakin amazon has it at $39.99

[quote name='rly723']tempting

$39.99 + tax using pre20 +saver codes

or

$29.99 + tax using the Super Mario Galaxy $20 credit

decisions, decisions

Or wait till freakin amazon has it at $39.99[/QUOTE]

Just use pre20 + saver. It'll be awhile before it hits 39.99

well I couldnt esist. its been sitting in my cart all day, finally checked out.

this and split/second purchased in the same week from GS, this is a record. i dont think ive bought a thing from them since black friday.

damn OP you lucked out, i just nab a copy last night used at gamestop store for 49.99 w/ 10% from my edge card. i should of waited 1 more day =O

gonna go trade in some games for the bonus 50% and probably use the credit on RDR for PS3. Thanks OP!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263488&highlight=redemption

A few days old. Complaints about that thread also just being an 'in stock alert.' No surprises.

20pre would be nice on this, but seeing as to how it's been in stock and will continue to be in stock, I think it'd be better to wait until another 25% (at least) code pops out. So far we had the 25deal one, and the 20off80. Those lasted a while. Or like many other people, try to get it during a b2g1 (although it's likely to go out of stock then.)

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Not to be a jerk, but this really shouldn't have it's own thread...[/QUOTE]

Your a fucking jerk bro

[quote name='Sniper123456789']Dont buy this game used!!! Its just too good.[/QUOTE]

Still a noob here, but, why would a game be any better new than used? I realize there may be some codes or something with a new game, but does the fact that somebody else paid the depreciation make it any less of a good game? Maybe I'm just cheap ;)

bread's done
Back