Used Valkyrie profile ps1 at gamestop $37.99(out of stock)

fatbeer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Hmmm,Valkyrie Profile in stock in gamestop for $37.99.The price is way better than instore price compare to $60.The price is almost as good the old EBmourning coupons.Is it instock or not? It keep say in stock then out of stock?Glitch?

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=934086

Add some search index.Some of the direct link leave to the game out of stock,but if you go to the search index you can add it to your cart.Weird.

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?...hcount=12&Keyword=valkyrie+profile&platform=0

http://www.ebgames.com/search.asp?s...hcount=12&Keyword=valkyrie+profile&platform=0

Im thinking about ordering this (will probably be gone by the time I decide) but I dont want to get it disc only all scratched up.. hmm..

maybe they had em for a while and afraid that the demand will drop, since psp version is announced today for july release release in US

[quote name='Staind204']How likely is it to get disc only games?[/QUOTE]

"The sun goes down at night and rises in the morning" likely. You won't be getting a collectible from GS, that's almost a certainty. But if you have been dying to play this game, this is a good price to get it for. I don't expect Lenneth to do much to the price of this game, FWIW.

Thanks OP, I decided to order a copy. I'm not really hoping for much though, I'm probably just gonna get some scratched up discs.

... or maybe this is just some sort of glitch in the system and they don't really have any in stock. I guess I'll just have to play the waiting game and see...

Figures...right when I drop a c-note on a mint copy on Ebay, this has to happen.

Gamestop...evil horrible bastards, I say. Course, I doubt any of them would be complete copies, let alone in decent condition. :roll:

[quote name='marten']Figures...right when I drop a c-note on a mint copy on Ebay, this has to happen.

Gamestop...evil horrible bastards, I say. Course, I doubt any of them would be complete copies, let alone in decent condition. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad. You probably got a solid copy from a collector. EB/GameStop only ship out scratched-up disc-only copies these days. They sent me a horrible copy of Ehrgeiz and then wouldn't even let me return it.

[quote name='billg']Don't feel bad. You probably got a solid copy from a collector. EB/GameStop only ship out scratched-up disc-only copies these days. They sent me a horrible copy of Ehrgeiz and then wouldn't even let me return it.[/quote]

Oh, don't worry, I know...I've ordered "filler" for some new game purchases from EB in the past (for free shipping and all)...and wow. I remember one copy of NFL Gameday 97 for PS1 looked like someone had taken a razor blade and cut literally through the disc, from almost inside to almost outside edge.

I remember watching a video online of Newegg's warehouse...I'd love to see one of EB/Gamestop's QC department :lol:

I already have this game, with case and manual, so there's really no reason for me to order a scratched up, disc-only version. They're back-ordered now, anyways.

Just because it is available on their website doesn't mean that it is even remotely in stock. Gamestop lists a pre-played version of every game on their website, regardless of whether they have any or not. For example:

Valkyrie Profile: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=934086&affid=99999&sourceid=qIbKRF-Zvh2KAmk9yZv4&siteid=0040451529

Suikoden 2: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=933648

Disgaea: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=938786

They don't have any of these games in stock, but they list them as "Back-ordered" so that customers like us can find them, and bookmark them for when they actually are in stock. It's like the opposite of the way EBgames used to do it, when we had to have someone give us the link to certain games if they weren't in stock.

If you ordered a copy of VP, you might as well cancel that. You won't be getting anything anytime soon.

And, I might add, the OP needs to change this thread title, bc it is going to excite a lot of people unnecessarily.

^^^ Well, just about 30 minutes ago, gamestop had Valkyrie Profile listed as "Usually ships within 24hrs" instead of "Back-ordered".

I had placed an order and the status used to say "usually ships within 24 hrs" within my acount. Now, that has changed to "back-ordered". I would most likely not get it, but I'll give a couple of days before calling them.

im sure they had 1 or 2 of them and now its a glitch just like the

Suikoden 2 glitch they had last year. (said they were in stock but they wasnt)

Odd, but mine changed from backorder to processing. I think I was the second person to read this thread after the OP(it said 0 views 0 replies), so hopefully I got lucky. But im probably getting my hopes up.

[quote name='pinoy530']Odd, but mine changed from backorder to processing. I think I was the second person to read this thread after the OP(it said 0 views 0 replies), so hopefully I got lucky. But im probably getting my hopes up.[/QUOTE]

Make sure to let us know how the game comes if you do get it (complete or not, condition of the discs). I think I was the first person to view this thread but I didnt order because I was thinking it would probably come disc only/scratched. I only like complete games for my collection. Good luck on getting a complete one though :)

[quote name='the ender']If you ordered a copy of VP, you might as well cancel that. You won't be getting anything anytime soon.

And, I might add, the OP needs to change this thread title, bc it is going to excite a lot of people unnecessarily.[/quote]

This isn't necessarily true. I ordered 2 copies of VP before when it said in stock and i got both of them. This was about 5 months ago. If it says in stock and then you click on it and it doesn't say backordered, you are more than likely going to get it.

has anyone had luck finding this via the online inventory search engine?

I tried a couple EB's, one said it was disc only and scratched to hell. the other was sort of weird. they said it was a defective copy, hence the 1 copy in the system. the next day it was gone, then about 2-3 days later there were a couple back in their system.

[quote name='asianxcore']has anyone had luck finding this via the online inventory search engine?

I tried a couple EB's, one said it was disc only and scratched to hell. the other was sort of weird. they said it was a defective copy, hence the 1 copy in the system. the next day it was gone, then about 2-3 days later there were a couple back in their system.[/QUOTE]
The inventory system can be all messed up. I have had one EB near me supposedly have Marvel VS Capcom 2 for the PS2 for weeks now. I have gone there weekly and havent seen it. I asked the employees and they say they dont have it, its rare to have it. Yet the inventory system says its there all this time. I'll keep looking behind all the other games and maybe one day I will find it.

In my experience, the online inventory listing works about 70% of the time. I've found that with harder to find games, it's usually worthwhile to ask a salesperson to check for it if you can't find it on the rack. That's how I got my Suikoden II. It said it was in stock at my local EB, but it wasn't in the PS bin. Someone had swiped the case, but they had the disc in the drawer still.

[quote name='skinsfan56la']Isn't the PSP getting a port of this?[/quote]

Yep, and that's how I'm going to play it, although patience will be a necessity - I'm not paying full price for a PSP just quite yet. When Silent Hill and the new MGS come out for it, then I might give in.

I found a mint copy of VP at a GS about a week ago. The GS inventory system has always been good to me.:D You just have to call and place it on hold when you see something come up.

Turns out mine went back from processing to backorder. Oh well, I have a psp anyways and by ordering a backorder item I was able to use cag16 instead of cag 15 on FF7.

I like how my gamestop does it. THey keep all the good psx games on a spinning rack behind the counter. Games like Breath of fire 3, 4, Ogre Battle, Suikoden 1-2, etc.

Ok,I was looking at my order status for ebgames,one of them shipped and others in the process.For those who order,go check you account and see your order status.I think they overstated their inventory and only few games were shipped.I hope they send me a complete copy(highly unlikely)

[quote name='fatbeer']Ok,I was looking at my order status for ebgames,one of them shipped and others in the process.For those who order,go check you account and see your order status.I think they overstated their inventory and only few games were shipped.I hope they send me a complete copy(highly unlikely)[/QUOTE]

How many did you order? I was just kidding about ordering multiples.

Just recieved my VP today. To my surprise, it's complete, although it looks like the case isn't the original and the inserts were just stuck in a new case. I'm pretty concerned about the discs though. I've heard VP is notoriously bad at loading if there are any scratches, and the two discs look slightly disc doctored..

Looks like they upped the price again to $59.99 on their site. Interesting how it says "back-ordered" but when I looked at availability...a lot was in stock. O well I'll just wait for the psp version.

I just receive my Valkyrie Profile a few days ago.All of game disks in horrible condtion.They were really scratched and have a difficult time booting up.I guess I have to resurface them.

[quote name='fatbeer']I just receive my Valkyrie Profile a few days ago.All of game disks in horrible condtion.They were really scratched and have a difficult time booting up.I guess I have to resurface them.

[/QUOTE]

If they were pristine copies you know that some gamestop employee or manager would have taken them from the warehouse and stuck them on ebay. Does gamestop allow you to return in store?

[quote name='fatbeer']I just receive my Valkyrie Profile a few days ago.All of game disks in horrible condtion.They were really scratched and have a difficult time booting up.I guess I have to resurface them.

[/QUOTE]

Did you buy 6 copies?? And they are all horribly scratched??

[/QUOTE]

ummm why did you buy 6 copies. anyone else would got flamed up the #$#$#

[quote name='slidecage']ummm why did you buy 6 copies. anyone else would got flamed up the #$#$#[/QUOTE]

Shit. I thought it just came on six disks. It took some cojones to post that pic here.

[quote name='wageslave']Shit. I thought it just came on six disks. It took some cojones to post that pic here.[/quote]

LOL, that is some crazy hording; I could see maybe 2-3 copies, but six is ridicoulus. But I can't believe you thought it came on six discs (unless you were being sarcastic) I mean I think the only game I've seen with close to that many discs was Riven for the PS1 but I think it only had 5.:lol:

PeaceOut->
StarMan_JR

[/quote]

WTF, man?

[/quote]

HAHAHAHA wow

bread's done
Back