User Based Content on XBL & PSN: Let's Discuss

etschell

CAGiversary!
Does anyone else think that both XBL and PSN are selling short their users. I mean think about the vast amount of down-loadable content that users don't have access to on a peer to peer or even community basis. I know that expanding sharable and user based content may give rise to problems. Anyway just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this subject. Just as apple has allowed third party developement of apps I think a similar mentality can be applied with DLC and shared information. It could be anything, from backgrounds, to themes, to game guides, to videos etc etc...

[quote name='fart_bubble']it would be nothing but a monsoon of shit[/QUOTE]
This. I don't want to have to wade through hundreds of crass, amateurish user-created backgrounds/gamerpics/themes/whatever to get to the 1% that actually look presentable. That's what the internet's for.

They already have user created content in some games, like LittleBigPlanet and the upcoming ModNationRacers.

It'd be nice to be able to have user-created wallpaper, themes, and stuff if they had some kind of rating system. But then again, you wouldn't be able to have much licensed stuff that's user-created.

Don't know that the lack of such a thing is a rip off though.

no like everyone said if everyone was allowed to do it then thered be tons of crap. if they alowed people a comon set of tools to do this though and then after they host stuff somewhere and only after so many votes it gets put up then thatd be a good way to go. sucks what they did with little big planet though taking down leves that were based on other videogames i was excited about that but i gues legally they couldnt allow it oh well. cant wait to see how mod nation turns out though.

bread's done
Back