User cheapfitzguy Warning - Do not Trade *OP Updated*

People thought it was best to wait and see if he shipped stuff (since some called him and said he sounded genuine or whatever), but is seems like no one got anything. I don't think there's much more info I can find on him, other than I've noticed he hasn't logged onto POJO, GameTZ, etc. since the 1st of May.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']People thought it was best to wait and see if he shipped stuff (since some called him and said he sounded genuine or whatever), but is seems like no one got anything. I don't think there's much more info I can find on him, other than I've noticed he hasn't logged onto POJO, GameTZ, etc. since the 1st of May.[/quote]

I agree, I have received nothing and my attempts have been useless. The PD have said that it is out of their hands since its over seas and filing a complaint with IC3 hasn't seemed to help much either.

Here's my thoughts on this subject.
Contrairy to DP, he paid out $100 after I badgered him for two months.
He could have said screw you bud, but he didn't.

Now what makes my trade any different from you guys?
My only thought is how well I kept track of our trade with my pictures and etc..

unlike DP I think there is hope of some kind of redemption :/.

I feel for you guys :(.

Yeah he tried to scam me since I have such a low trader ranking. I have been trying to get a copy of Earthbound for as long as I have been a member here and offered him Mint DMC4 360 CE, No More Heroes, Etrian Odyssey 1 & another game and he said it was not enough so I told him I wasnt interested and then I log on here to find out he would have screwed me over. Man this sucks what a dirtbag. Here was his reply to my post;

Cheapfitzguy wrote;
want:

Lost Odyssey
Devil May Cry 4
CoD4
No More Heroes
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Army of 2(if you have it and will trade)
Kingdom Underfire(same as above)
Overlord(same as above)
Microsoft points(same)
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic 360(same)
Bladestorm ps3(if you have it)

i have a copy of earthbound. I am very reluctant to get rid of it, but i think its time.

it is complete. I bought it brand new, and played thru it, and then boxed it when i got older and moved. Its been sitting in a box ever since.
It has normal shelf ware, bit of fading on label and box. the big strat guide hs some wear, and page 6,9, and 13 have little tears on the bottom.

i also have the free loader disc, and i believe i can get Ouendan and mother 3.

also have money

and also have kirby super star for snes, complete

What a prick I hope you guys that got scammed can get this bastard some payback!

I didn't get through to him (via phone) before but am gonna call again soon.

What stinks is that my ratings, because of this whole ordeal went from rookie but good to 0 and noobish :/

ah well, c'est la vie

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Maybe some should try talking to his older brother, thefitz2k6 here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=176111[/quote]

I wish he would comment on the situation. I can understand why it would be best to stay away, but at the same point I'm curious what he thinks about it and if he can offer any help in resolving everything.

He's certainly still visiting the website, but it doesn't look like he's been exceptionally active.

By any chance, is this guy iin Canada? I do remember getting PMs from him, not sure if hes the guy I sent 2 blurays out to, and never heard from him again, and unfortunately, accidently deleted the PMs. I know it's partly my own stupidity for not holding on to the PMs.

[quote name='opterasis']By any chance, is this guy iin Canada? I do remember getting PMs from him, not sure if hes the guy I sent 2 blurays out to, and never heard from him again, and unfortunately, accidently deleted the PMs. I know it's partly my own stupidity for not holding on to the PMs.[/quote]

Yep. From Canada

[quote name='opterasis']By any chance, is this guy iin Canada? I do remember getting PMs from him, not sure if hes the guy I sent 2 blurays out to, and never heard from him again, and unfortunately, accidently deleted the PMs. I know it's partly my own stupidity for not holding on to the PMs.[/QUOTE]Yeah, he is, and you were probably another victim. Sucks many have been effected.

[quote name='cuco33']Well it seems he doesn't answer his phone but I'll be giving him another call today :roll:[/quote]

Same here, I am about ready to call his local police and see if I can convince them to pay him a visit. I really don't want to let this go, no matter what. I'm starting to get real angry with this situation.

Sorry I haven't responded. I'm one of the guys who was scammed by CheapFitzGuy. I sold him Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3) and Time Crisis 4 w/ Guncon (PS3)

Am I too late?

Heh. Is there any reason for me to post here? Just curious.

[quote name='PhiLeingFunkie']Same here, I am about ready to call his local police and see if I can convince them to pay him a visit. I really don't want to let this go, no matter what. I'm starting to get real angry with this situation.[/quote]

I can almost guarantee you they'll say there is nothing they can do.

[quote name='Jack-Hunter']Sorry I haven't responded. I'm one of the guys who was scammed by CheapFitzGuy. I sold him Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3) and Time Crisis 4 w/ Guncon (PS3)

Am I too late?

Heh. Is there any reason for me to post here? Just curious.[/QUOTE]He may have gotten away.

Well, this may not mean much (and might not be him), I did tons of Google searching and found this:
http://www.nlma.nl.ca/health_promotion/car_seat_program/2008/default.htm

Look at the person having a kid at "Labrador City", it's the same first and last name as cheapfitzguy (he's around 20 years old I think). It's a small town and there are only three (from when I searched) with his last name (two being neighbors, which I'm betting are related in some way). I wonder if that's really him.

His email is [email protected], so people can try that (to bug him also, or if you need to bother his other family members, do a reverse address search from the address and info he gave you:
http://www.whitepages.com/reverse-lookup

Remove some info (like the address number) and you can find his neighbor (which may be a relative). All these people may be good sources to go to, along with his brother who posts here.

heh, i knew i'd regret not putting a dc on that package...he was the first person i ever "traded" with here too...meh, still doesn't change my opinion about how awesome this site is.

you win some you lose some...if you're not willing to gamble, you're not willing to live.

I went through this thread (and feedback) and counted around 17 scammed so far. It appears cheapfitzguy has stayed away from the net for a while, but I wonder if he has created a brand new username and is lurking somewhere.

For someone with a feedback of 5-6, making all these deals, definitely doesn't seem right IMO. In my case, I try not to do more than 3-5 trades at once, and will not deal with more people until all previous traders are satisifed and such.

Wow, I feel bad for all you CAGers that got scammed. As a Canadian I'd like to apologize for a few scam artists from Canada that have nothing better to do than flip a profit off poor unsuspecting souls. I've only traded once, but that has deterred me from trading as I prefer the ebay, amazon route. But hope you catch the guy. Contact the local RCMP if he has defrauded you of money and merchandise, the RCMP have busted many scammers all over Canada, or at least tell them and give them the guy's address. If enough of you complain, they won't have any choice but to investigate. Hope it doesn't deter many of you from trading with Canadian traders, as I'm lucky enough to cross the border daily and buy games in the US cheaply. If you guys need help, just ask for any of us Canadians to join and help.

[quote name='kingocraplantis']heh, i knew i'd regret not putting a dc on that package...he was the first person i ever "traded" with here too...meh, still doesn't change my opinion about how awesome this site is.

you win some you lose some...if you're not willing to gamble, you're not willing to live.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about your first trade going bad. Trading here should never be a gamble.

wait I have his cell number, and we can call him through that. I really want to get this guy to pay for the stuff he took. Why not call his local police, and get them to help. I mean, I am tired of waiting. He said he shipped it, and I am going to give another month. If not I am taking serious action. If anybody else wants to join me PM me. Together we can surely get this guy to pay up.

Dude, you said the same thing 2 month ago about giving this guy a chance to ship the items. Now 2 month has gone by and you want to give him more time? Anyway, when he said he shipped the items it means have fun waiting 2 more month.

Good luck dude.

[quote name='Killaindian']wait I have his cell number, and we can call him through that. I really want to get this guy to pay for the stuff he took. Why not call his local police, and get them to help. I mean, I am tired of waiting. He said he shipped it, and I am going to give another month. If not I am taking serious action. If anybody else wants to join me PM me. Together we can surely get this guy to pay up.[/quote]

[quote name='Killaindian']wait I have his cell number, and we can call him through that. I really want to get this guy to pay for the stuff he took. Why not call his local police, and get them to help. I mean, I am tired of waiting. He said he shipped it, and I am going to give another month. If not I am taking serious action. If anybody else wants to join me PM me. Together we can surely get this guy to pay up.[/QUOTE]Someone said he stopped answering his cell phone. Also, he stopped using his GameTZ account. If anything, you might need to talk to his brother to get anywhere.

I recommend for NOOBS and sketchy traders to video tape their items or take pics of both user names next to items.

Ask them to show some visible proof that they got it. Like write teh doggie are cut lol on a scrap piece of paper next to trade items and sending photos over within 5 min. maybe photoshop scammer too eh?

A good one too is if they allow a person to video tape themselves closing up the package inside a post office when at shipping counter and then showing the addresses clearly and then handing it over to the post officer.

May seem like too much effort but less likely you are gonna get skame'ed

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Someone said he stopped answering his cell phone. Also, he stopped using his GameTZ account. If anything, you might need to talk to his brother to get anywhere.[/quote]

This is true, well the cell phone part. He won't answer it... Hey wanker, I'll be on the lookout for you next time I'm in your area. Hope you don't mind if I stop by for a 'beer' ;)

[quote name='cuco33']This is true, well the cell phone part. He won't answer it... Hey wanker, I'll be on the lookout for you next time I'm in your area. Hope you don't mind if I stop by for a 'beer' ;)[/QUOTE]You will never get me to have one. ;)

Anyway, his GameTZ account is no longer active:
http://gametz.com/user/cheapfitzguy.html

His brother is known as Thefitz2k6 here, but I'm not sure when he last logged in. His brother's GameTZ was also abandoned.

Those who are wondering about why the police have not done anything. For most cases, people can tell their local police there's a problem, and they can contact the local police in another state. Since this is international, that's why there's a problem (and it's out of some local police reach).

To give everyone an update. I honestly have NO idea if there's a relation at all.

When doing a search, I found his name on Facebook. Two of his friends matched the name of his brother (who posts here), and his Dad. However, they said they are from a network in QC. I do not know if that's the same person, but I found it out.

Okay guys lets try to find a guy that lives in his area, and we can all pay him maybe 5 dollars a piece (he can convert it into canadian money himself), and we have him find this guy and ask on our behalf. If that does not work then that guy will try to start a police case on him. I mean if we all pay this guy, he'll probably get a good amount of cash, since plenty of people got ripped off by him. I mean I am still trying to optimistic. Damn it, someone try to come up with ideas, I mean we have his F**kin address. I will gladly pay 10 bucks to get my games back.

My brother was actually banned from CAG a year ago or so for being a loudmouth on here, but before he did, we did a trade with cheapfitzguy. Sent him several Xbox 360 titles, didn't hear anything back for nearly a month.

I went so far as to hunt him down. Wish my bro still had his account active, because I had this guy's personal info saved in the PMs. I ended up getting the number of one of his parents and called, made a big mess of everything for him, and eventually he did send me the PayPal payment that we had agreed upon.... but it took a lot of hassle.

Anyway, boring story and all. If I still had the info, I would post it for you guys, because getting scammed sucks.

[quote name='brianisthelaw03']My brother was actually banned from CAG a year ago or so for being a loudmouth on here, but before he did, we did a trade with cheapfitzguy. Sent him several Xbox 360 titles, didn't hear anything back for nearly a month.

I went so far as to hunt him down. Wish my bro still had his account active, because I had this guy's personal info saved in the PMs. I ended up getting the number of one of his parents and called, made a big mess of everything for him, and eventually he did send me the PayPal payment that we had agreed upon.... but it took a lot of hassle.

Anyway, boring story and all. If I still had the info, I would post it for you guys, because getting scammed sucks.[/QUOTE]We have his cell phone #, but he stopped answering. I know his Dad's number and stuff. I know his brothers contact info too (and he is a CAG member). He just disappeared, but I have a feeling be created a new online name.

[quote name='Killaindian']Okay guys lets try to find a guy that lives in his area, and we can all pay him maybe 5 dollars a piece (he can convert it into canadian money himself), and we have him find this guy and ask on our behalf. If that does not work then that guy will try to start a police case on him. I mean if we all pay this guy, he'll probably get a good amount of cash, since plenty of people got ripped off by him. I mean I am still trying to optimistic. Damn it, someone try to come up with ideas, I mean we have his F**kin address. I will gladly pay 10 bucks to get my games back.[/QUOTE]I dunno, he may be long gone. I tried searching on ebay and other sites for him, but I'm figuring he's no longer using cheapfitz. I think it's going to take a search of various portions of his name to find him.

I recommend using Google maps, then satellite view, on his address which is posted somewhere in this thread. I took a look and saw where his house was.

I don't know if this works, but what if the admin of the site tracks his IP (maybe it is saved). You know search his name and find his IP address. Then we can use that info to find his address and then see if we can match that IP address with any other member, but I think that is against the terms.

If that doen't work. Then we should find a member in Canada, and we have to have him confront him. Please lets find a way to get our stuff back. I mean if this guy at least gets the Canadian police case on it, then we can provide our info and get our stuff back.

Good luck to everyone who is still trying to give this guy what he deserves, Personally I am just letting karma get him.....in the end once a thief alwasy a thief eventually he will get caught and get whats coming to him.

btw if I had not posted on this thread before...yes I was also one of his marks
Got me for 3x 360 games....was only my second trade on the site and it had chased me away until now....giving the trade forum one last chance but if it happens again I am done

[quote name='MouthBreather82']after recieving a pm from another member I relized I still have his postal address if anyone is still wanting it.[/QUOTE]We still have it, along with his cell phone # and everything, but he hasn't responded to anything.

I live in Canada, whereabouts was this guy? If it's anywhere in Ontario/near Toronto, I'll try to see what I can do.

Check www.canada411.com to see if his house number is listed, since you have his address, and then you can call and hopefully speak with an adult and explain to them what has occurred. Good luck to all.

labrador city, nfl

[quote name='Placebo']I live in Canada, whereabouts was this guy? If it's anywhere in Ontario/near Toronto, I'll try to see what I can do.

Check www.canada411.com to see if his house number is listed, since you have his address, and then you can call and hopefully speak with an adult and explain to them what has occurred. Good luck to all.[/quote]

They Guys I Have Some Good News. I Found A Member That Lives In New Found Land.

Pm Me With What You Lost, Your Name, And If You Want Phone Number. He Is Willing To File A Police Complaint.

I will be gathering all the information this weekend. Please look through your pms if you got scammed. I have a list of everyone that was scammed, and I will send out pms to gather info. Then I will send it to the guy who lives in New Found Land and he will file a police complaint. Hopefully we will get that rat bastard

i just came here, and noticed this. After reading through everything, i believe i know who this is. I know a guy in Lab City, who was pulling some scams on here. But the actual guy who was doing it is not living in labrador city anymore. I believe he is gone to Alberta for work. I can also look into this matter, as it seems he did alot of wrong.

[quote name='RPGguy101']i just came here, and noticed this. After reading through everything, i believe i know who this is. I know a guy in Lab City, who was pulling some scams on here. But the actual guy who was doing it is not living in labrador city anymore. I believe he is gone to Alberta for work. I can also look into this matter, as it seems he did alot of wrong.[/QUOTE]I thought I came across a guy with his name in Quebec, but I'm trying to see if the info matches.

well, i know he was here for a little while, i don't really personally know him, but i know who he is. He packed up and left for alberta i believe. I can check on a few thing, and talk to the local PO on the matter. I have used a trading site online before, and i was scammed big time with yugioh cards and the local PO would not do anything. It is very hard. I had a guy scam me panzer dragoon saga who lived in St.John's which is in NFLD and they would not do anything.

[quote name='RPGguy101']well, i know he was here for a little while, i don't really personally know him, but i know who he is. He packed up and left for alberta i believe. I can check on a few thing, and talk to the local PO on the matter. I have used a trading site online before, and i was scammed big time with yugioh cards and the local PO would not do anything. It is very hard. I had a guy scam me panzer dragoon saga who lived in St.John's which is in NFLD and they would not do anything.[/QUOTE]I'll look into it, and see if I can find anything.
[quote name='DAWG26']yugioh?[/QUOTE]People trade YuGiOh stuff at POJO, and that's where he was also a scammer.

I remember his Dad's name was Noel, but I also found a Neil, who lives down the street from him (maybe a relative)?
http://www.whitepages.com/

Search for the last name "Fitzpatrick" and the Postal code "A2V2H7" and you'll see what I mean. They might know where he is.

bread's done
Back