User DrunkPollock Warning - Do not trade/Halt

Lets just hope that the cops try and catch this cheeky bastard. There is no way that this guy is legit if he gave me and Metrock the exact same excuse word for word on why he didn't have DC. As I said before I kinda find this my fault because I was literally speaking to Rebecca Lane on Monday.

[quote name='boyboy1080']here is his gametz user profile

http://gametz.com/user/DrunkPollock.html[/QUOTE]It was posted earlier in this thread. I just don't understand how someone with perfect feedback, and go all wrong.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Lets just hope that the cops try and catch this cheeky bastard. There is no way that this guy is legit if he gave me and Metrock the exact same excuse word for word on why he didn't have DC. As I said before I kinda find this my fault because I was literally speaking to Rebecca Lane on Monday.[/QUOTE]I agree; however, I have some concern this person made these deals due to planning to move away somewhere (so we can't catch this person). In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if this person crossed the boarder to Mexico and is hiding out there, but it could be far fetched.

[quote name='Samus']George Novak has to be scared the hell out of by reading this topic. o_O[/QUOTE]I kind of doubt it. Although, I'm paying VERY close attention to the newspaper in his city just in case something happened to him, or maybe we get mentioned.

There could be a chance George Novak is just a friend, and there is someone else behind this. I can't help but wonder if this person's last name really is Pollock.

good luck getting all your stuff back folks. thats always been my fear on trading here because you never know. so far ive been lucky that everyone i dealt with was honorable. at least now you have a name which if its not a fake name should make it that much easie to track the guy.id also suggest finding out what company the moving truck was with and maybe asking them where the truck was going or went to. dont you have to say where youre going with the truck befre you use it if you leave town or state?

man looking at this thread disappoints me so much, i have had luck to deal with very honest people, but this is why so many people are skeptical of trading on forums and what not.

I really hope justice is done and you guys get you stuff back

[quote name='seek-and-destroy']everybody who has been scammed, file a btr on him over at gametz. gametz is encouraging it.[/quote]

Yeap, GameTZ's moderators agreed that the best way to do so is to file a BTR. It seems DrunkPollock didn't respond to emails from the mods...what a surprise.

Just to note it, I made a trade with DrunkPollock at GameTZ. We both got our stuff, but, according to him, the iPod that I sent him does not charge properly. This was all from before this thread started. In any case, we agreed that he would ship it back and I would either make sure it works or get him a replacement.

In any case, what I want to mention here is that on April 3rd, he told me that he was "moving this weekend." Note that this was before all of this started. So, while I haven't been overly happy with him based on his attitude about the iPod, I'm still not convinced that he is out to rip everyone off. Maybe he really is in the middle of a move and therefore just hasn't shipped and such.

Again, I don't know him at all -- other than the fact that I had a trade with him that, so far, has not really gone as planned -- and that he was none too polite about dealing with that. But, that being said, it does, at least, confirm that he told someone he was moving before all of this began.

Hopefully, in the end, it will turn out to be just a big misunderstanding caused by him moving in the middle of a bunch of trades.

He told me that he was going to ship out the iPod AFTER he moved last weekend -- so I'll certainly let people know if I get that and, if so, what address he wants it sent back to. Hopefully, he'll have responded himself by then.

- John...

P.S. Don't get me wrong, he COULD be scamming everyone -- I really have no idea. I just wanted to share what little info I had.

[quote name='jgoggan']
In any case, what I want to mention here is that on April 3rd, he told me that he was "moving this weekend." Note that this was before all of this started. So, while I haven't been overly happy with him based on his attitude about the iPod, I'm still not convinced that he is out to rip everyone off. Maybe he really is in the middle of a move and therefore just hasn't shipped and such.
[/QUOTE]
I'd like to thinks that's why things are delayed, but he claimed my items were shipped on 3/29. Needless to say I haven't received a DC# or the package yet.
[quote name='jgoggan']
Hopefully, in the end, it will turn out to be just a big misunderstanding caused by him moving in the middle of a bunch of trades.
[/QUOTE]
I sure hope that's the case, but I'm not holding my breath. I am holding off on leaving a bad trader rating until this is resolved or fully proven to be someone scamming.

:whistle2:k

I still have those 3 free games for any of the scammed CAGs that I will ship for free. Please, if your not on the list then don't PM me. They are not the greatest games but they might make you feel better, getting something free. Holla at yo boy!

[quote name='mzbagel']I'd like to thinks that's why things are delayed, but he claimed my items were shipped on 3/29. Needless to say I haven't received a DC# or the package yet.

I sure hope that's the case, but I'm not holding my breath. I am holding off on leaving a bad trader rating until this is resolved or fully proven to be someone scamming.

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]I was thinking the same myself, thinking this might have been a huge misunderstanding after hearing about him moving); however, there are a few things which have me suspicious:

1. Giving out the fake DC#, saying he can't find a DC#, etc.

2. One of his PMs sounded like he wasn't completely sure if he received something.

3. Why would someone buy so much stuff (or trade) all in the same week (18 people involved atm)?

4. By looking at some of the trades and the possibility of duplicate copies (I haven't paid too close attention), they sound too good to be true in ways (no offense to some) and why would someone just buy duplicates (unless they were starting up a video game store)?

I probably went a little too far with bad feedback and will have it removed if things get resolved, but if I was told money order was sent out over a week ago (sometimes it can take a bit, but I highly doubt as long as it has been), then I'm not too sure it was sent out. Seeing many others with the issue made me believe it was a scam.

First, to placate the users who think allegations may be jumping the gun, should the "scammed" list delivery specifics? For example, via media mail, it should take six days for me to receive. DP claims to have shipped 04/01, so the package is presently two days past expected arrival.

Second, I heard a couple of individuals reference that they were given erroneous delivery confirmation numbers (as opposed to none). Wouldn't those fall under an additional category? Misrepresentation of USPS services might catch USPS' attention more than the generic "mail fraud".

[quote name='jgoggan']Just to note it, I made a trade with DrunkPollock at GameTZ. We both got our stuff, but, according to him, the iPod that I sent him does not charge properly. This was all from before this thread started. In any case, we agreed that he would ship it back and I would either make sure it works or get him a replacement.

Again, I don't know him at all -- other than the fact that I had a trade with him that, so far, has not really gone as planned -- and that he was none too polite about dealing with that. But, that being said, it does, at least, confirm that he told someone he was moving before all of this began.

He told me that he was going to ship out the iPod AFTER he moved last weekend -- so I'll certainly let people know if I get that and, if so, what address he wants it sent back to. Hopefully, he'll have responded himself by then.

- John...

P.S. Don't get me wrong, he COULD be scamming everyone -- I really have no idea. I just wanted to share what little info I had.[/quote]

The story I got from him was as soon as he receive my stuff, he lent the PS2 to his cousin who lost it. That got me thinking SCAM. Then he finds it and says he is going to send it. And of course he didn't The most fucked part of this whole ordeal is that on every trade I do, may it be on here or on Gametz, I always send on a overnight and I also send a return tag for the person that I'm trading with to send back to me free of charge on a overnight. Now I'm the one standing with a snot dangling from my nose. I shipped this way because it gave me more control over the trade and it gave people a kick into trading with me. In the long run it bit me in the ass.

So the moral of my story ladies and gentlemen is dont stand around with snot hanging from you nose just to get bit in the ass!

Hey guys, thought I'd put this out there for anyone who doesn't know, this is my response from GameTZ on the situation:

Thanks... a few other people have mentioned this to us.

There's a topic here too:

http://gametz.com/forum/General/topic/298102.html

We've asked DrunkPollock to respond. But, we're also having trouble emailing
people with yahoo email, so I'm not sure if it got through.

We allow people to file Bad Trader Reports here at GameTZ if they were ripped
off elsewhere.
So, if there are people at CAG who were ripped off, and they
also use GameTZ, they can file a BTR here to hold DrunkPollock accountable here.
BTRs are a kind of leverage.

--
Moderators of Game Trading Zone

I feel that it's REALLY cool of GameTZ to have a policy like this and I have a huge amount of respect for an organization that looks out for members like that.

Yeah GTZ told me the same thing. Big ups to Bill over there for helpin' out. We're all one big community that should stick together when a video game crook is in the neighborhood.

Oh and I have a clear blue dualshock controller for the PS2 that I traded for thinking that scum bag was going to send. That can go to any victim also. Like I said, just trying to get that Karma train to hit the corner (or hit DP's new home). Thanks to all my fellow CAGs offering free stuff to one another. Thats how it's suppose to be.

[quote name='juvo']First, to placate the users who think allegations may be jumping the gun, should the "scammed" list delivery specifics? For example, via media mail, it should take six days for me to receive. DP claims to have shipped 04/01, so the package is presently two days past expected arrival.

Second, I heard a couple of individuals reference that they were given erroneous delivery confirmation numbers (as opposed to none). Wouldn't those fall under an additional category? Misrepresentation of USPS services might catch USPS' attention more than the generic "mail fraud".[/quote]

Media mail is 2-9 days I've had something take 2 weeks to get to me that was sent media mail. Some people even said up to a month. Media mail is the slowest lamest thing ever. He should have at least sent first class.

[quote name='jman619']Media mail is 2-9 days I've had something take 2 weeks to get to me that was sent media mail. Some people even said up to a month. Media mail is the slowest lamest thing ever. He should have at least sent first class.[/quote]

He told me the two games he was supposed to be shipping to me weighed too much to be shipped First Class, so he shipped Media Mail. I know thats bull, b/c I've shipped two games together a bunch of times and they never came close to the limit, so what was he mailing bricks with the games?

Here's my experience with him in a nutshell. I have pm's but I'm on a pretty slow laptop so I can't slap it all together in a post.

We agreed to send items. He said he would send on a date when I told him I'd send.

I send my items out through UPS. I forget to get tracking # for him, and its the first week of the quarter at the college I work at. A few days later I check the tracking and its delivered and I contact him to see if everything came in ok and to find out whats up with my games I'm receiving.

He tells me he was busy and sent them that day I contacted him, which was about 4 or 5 days after the day he said he would send them. I said I wasn't real happy with that and flat out asked him if he waited to get my stuff first before sending.

He said, "You don't need to cry about it. I apologized, there's nothing more I can do."

Its been a few days since then, obviously I don't have games and I see this thread. BTW, I see he also offered the same games to someone else as well.

No mention of moving, or anything. I get the feeling some of you are trying to give a benefit of the doubt or look for a silver lining. He fucked us all. I'm filing my report and don't expect much to happen about it.

[quote name='Metrock']He told me the two games he was supposed to be shipping to me weighed too much to be shipped First Class, so he shipped Media Mail. I know thats bull, b/c I've shipped two games together a bunch of times and they never came close to the limit, so what was he mailing bricks with the games?[/quote]

He might have been telling the truth,but he could have been lieing. If I had so many to send I would just get a priority flat rate box, and do it that way. I don't think anyone should ship stuff media mail it is really slow, and usually first class is about the same price,and way better.

[quote name='Metrock']He told me the two games he was supposed to be shipping to me weighed too much to be shipped First Class, so he shipped Media Mail. I know thats bull, b/c I've shipped two games together a bunch of times and they never came close to the limit, so what was he mailing bricks with the games?[/QUOTE]I call BS on this. The reason is I have sent two games and above via First Class Parcel Post (although it may not be as cheap) many times and had no problems. If I'm shipping just two PS2 games for example, that's still cheap enough.

I paid for this asshole to ship back to me. All he had to do was slap the tag "I" sent to him and drop it off at any UPS drop box or store and the bitch couldnt do that cause he was scamming me the whole fucking time.

Even if he eventually settles the trades, I would still leave him negative feedback for the way he handled the situation (giving wrong DC, not replying to PM, not explaining his moving situation to every party involved, etc).

[quote name='jman619']He might have been telling the truth,but he could have been lieing. If I had so many to send I would just get a priority flat rate box, and do it that way. I don't think anyone should ship stuff media mail it is really slow, and usually first class is about the same price,and way better.[/quote]

Ever had 18 or so trades at one time? He was doing more trades at one time then feedback he had, now somethings wrong with that.

[quote name='Metrock']Ever had 18 or so trades at one time? He was doing more trades at one time then feedback he had, now somethings wrong with that.[/QUOTE]I agree, and if I was also moving myself, there is no way I'd be buying games and trading stuff, because I'd rather do it once I get settled into a new place (to avoid shipping hassles and the possibility of stuff arriving when I already moved).

I've been following the thread for a while and I feel for everyone that got scammed. I've done a couple deals with Mana and has been great. For something like this to happen to some of the nicest people on CAG is just a real shame.

Trading and moving definitely not a good mix. I'm moving next Friday, and any deal that hasn't already been shipped/agreed upon by this Friday, will be put on hold until the week after I move.

[quote name='Metrock']Ever had 18 or so trades at one time? He was doing more trades at one time then feedback he had, now somethings wrong with that.[/quote]

Yeah I know. I haven't had more than 3 going at once. I agree with mana on that it would be better to wait if you was moving or do it all before you moved, and make sure it was taken care of before hand. I really doubt things will turn around. I don't like to see people get screwed for more reasons than one. First of all it makes them hesitant to trade ever again which it would me as well. Two I think most people are like me if we had money to begin with we would't be tradeing,and saleing or at least I would't. This other part is off from that,but myself I'm a christian, and If I ripped off people I would feel terrible. It makes me wonder if people at all have morals these days which it don't seem they do. Theres always a right, and wrong. Part of me wants to see this guy in person, and just beat him until he cant walk,and the other part just wants to tell him how wrong it is scam people, and see if he makes a turn around.

[quote name='Metrock']Ever had 18 or so trades at one time? He was doing more trades at one time then feedback he had, now somethings wrong with that.[/quote]I have, and I think my high water mark was 30 at one time. Logistical nightmare, it was, though it can be done, if someone keeps their mind on making sure everything works out correctly.

With DP, there's been too many "I lost the DC", "I don't know where the DC # is", and other BS lines to make me think he's not pulling a fast one. Plus, as all this was being done via PM's, there was no outward sign that there were this many trades all going on at once.

Plus, the fact that they all seemed to happen right before he moves is even more suspect.

[quote name='shrike4242']I have, and I think my high water mark was 30 at one time. Logistical nightmare, it was, though it can be done, if someone keeps their mind on making sure everything works out correctly.

With DP, there's been too many "I lost the DC", "I don't know where the DC # is", and other BS lines to make me think he's not pulling a fast one. Plus, as all this was being done via PM's, there was no outward sign that there were this many trades all going on at once.

Plus, the fact that they all seemed to happen right before he moves is even more suspect.[/quote]

Your feedback is really high though, DPS is good just not really high. That DC line is stupid, how could you lose that many DC #'s. That just shows me he wasn't falling through with the trades.

I wonder if Cheapy and Wombat will talk about this on the CAGCast? Well I think they should for the sake of making other CAGs aware of scammers like DickPolisher and others. Man, I'm still pissed!

I was contacted by my local PD and filed a report, but this is what I was told. There's no way he'll be prosecuted, if he could even be found. Having his name on file won't do anything to make his life tough. Because he would need to be caught in some illegal act, its not like if he got pulled over for speeding they'd take him to jail.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']Even if he eventually settles the trades, I would still leave him negative feedback for the way he handled the situation (giving wrong DC, not replying to PM, not explaining his moving situation to every party involved, etc).[/quote]
You can't do that. I left negative feedback for someone who deserved it and it was deleted.

[quote name='naes']You can't do that. I left negative feedback for someone who deserved it and it was deleted.[/quote]

Wow really?! :bomb:

N/m then. Best of luck to everybody who sent out their stuff.

[quote name='shrike4242']I have, and I think my high water mark was 30 at one time. Logistical nightmare, it was, though it can be done, if someone keeps their mind on making sure everything works out correctly.[/QUOTE]
That's impressive; I think my record is 5 and I trade a lot.

[quote name='mike.m']I was contacted by my local PD and filed a report, but this is what I was told. There's no way he'll be prosecuted, if he could even be found. Having his name on file won't do anything to make his life tough. Because he would need to be caught in some illegal act, its not like if he got pulled over for speeding they'd take him to jail.[/quote]
I haven't read this entire thread, so i apologize if this point has already been brought up and addressed.

However, it seems like the Inspector General of the Post Office would also be an avenue to explore. I believe using the us mail system to perpetrate fraud is illegal, and the Inspector General office is there to investigate issues like these.

I hope this all get resolved soon. I hate it when bad things happen to good people.

[quote name='wolfboy68']I haven't read this entire thread, so i apologize if this point has already been brought up and addressed.

However, it seems like the Inspector General of the Post Office would also be an avenue to explore. I believe using the us mail system to perpetrate fraud is illegal, and the Inspector General office is there to investigate issues like these.

I hope this all get resolved soon. I hate it when bad things happen to good people.[/quote]

I used UPS, so this doesn't apply to me.

[quote name='YG_Banga']I wonder if Cheapy and Wombat will talk about this on the CAGCast? Well I think they should for the sake of making other CAGs aware of scammers like DickPolisher and others. Man, I'm still pissed![/quote]

I wouldn't count on it.

Talking about fraud on CAG would probably hurt the image of the trade forum (or the community in general) to people that have not been here long (or ever). That's why I wouldn't expect to see the news on the frontpage either.

These scammers really piss me off. I got scammed out of an item many years ago on CAG (of $20 only...but still).

I hope something comes of your diligence. Continue calling the PD's, filing reports, and try to track him to his new place. Watch other gaming sites for related suspicious activity.

I just figured they talk about everything and why not about the precautions of getting scammed. Oh well wouldnt change that I'm out $60 and 8 xbox games.

[quote name='YG_Banga']I just figured they talk about everything and why not about the precautions of getting scammed. Oh well wouldnt change that I'm out $60 and 8 xbox games.[/QUOTE]I lost $7.65 and 5 video games, which I could have easily sold a few to someone else. Heck, now I wish I just took them to GS, probably getting 1/3 the price for all 5.

Right now I'm kind of mixed, do I try selling other games (which I might not have sold) to make up for this, or do I just give up.

[quote name='wwe101']if nothing is done about this guy by the end of the week then i think its safe tot say that he got away[/quote]

He's going to make trades with ~20 people....and get away with it? How is that possible...

[quote name='wwe101']if nothing is done about this guy by the end of the week then i think its safe tot say that he got away[/QUOTE]I think he might have, because if the post office doesn't know where he is, then where could be be?

[quote name='the_punisher']He's going to make trades with ~20 people....and get away with it? How is that possible...[/QUOTE]Well, it's the internet. Things that usually happen over the internet, aren't taken too seriously. If there was more of a local issue, then something bad could happen.

[quote name='Gombay']I don't even really care about getting my games back anymore. I just want to see this thief get what he deserves.[/QUOTE]Same.

[quote name='shrike4242']I have, and I think my high water mark was 30 at one time. Logistical nightmare, it was, though it can be done, if someone keeps their mind on making sure everything works out correctly.

Plus, the fact that they all seemed to happen right before he moves is even more suspect.[/quote]

Not trying to butt in, but perhaps it ought to be suggested that there be some way to know how many trades a user has going on at once. If nothing else, this can serve as a yellow flag and perhaps if people would have had this information in real time maybe this wouldn't have gotten out of hand to the extent that it did.

bread's done
Back