Using different controllers for the N64

bigdaddy

Banned
As we all know the N64 controler is very bad. I have 5 controllers and the joysticks on all of them are bad, and all but 1-2 are unuseable. Are there any cords still around that would let me hook up a PS1 controler, or any controler other than a N64?

[quote name='bigdaddy']As we all know the N64 controler is very bad. [/QUOTE]

We do? I happen to like it a lot. Not as good as the Virtual Boy controller but still good.

And that wasn't a joke about the Virtual Boy Controller. The system sucks but the controller is seriously one of the best ever.

At least someone is with me on this... I never understood the hate for the N64 controller. I've always liked it as a controller, and have four that are still in perfect working order from over a decade ago (with normal to intense play over the course of that decade). I've had sticks go on my Gamecube controllers, but the 64 ones keep chugging along just fine.

So, to answer your question, I have no idea. I just wanted to throw that rant out there.

Did you even play the N64? The joysticks is the main reason I need somethnig else to play as that they are all broken. My Gamecube controler that has been abused works great.

And the N64 controler is ok, besides the joystick, except to can't easily use the L button when playing racing games.

The controler is no where near great, or best ever, because if it was then everyone else would have stolen it.

And frankly neither one of you are helpful at all, I just want to know if I could use any other type of controler on a N64.

I have a bunch of N64 controllers that Ive owned since the system came out. Ive never had an analog stick on one break or go bad. And Ive used those controllers alot for multiplayer.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Did you even play the N64? The joysticks is the main reason I need somethnig else to play as that they are all broken. My Gamecube controler that has been abused works great.

And the N64 controler is ok, besides the joystick, except to can't easily use the L button when playing racing games.

The controler is no where near great, or best ever, because if it was then everyone else would have stolen it.

And frankly neither one of you are helpful at all, I just want to know if I could use any other type of controler on a N64.[/quote]

You can easily replace the N64 joystick. Check it out on ebay - you can get a set of 4 for $10. It's an easy repair (if you have the appropriate screwdriver) - the joystick simply plugs into the main controller board (i.e., no soldering). It's as if Nintendo knew that it would need to be replaced often ;)

[quote name='Gator']It's as if Nintendo knew that it would need to be replaced often ;)[/QUOTE]

Joysticks are easy to replace on pretty much every controller, so it's nothing special on the N64 controller. Plus Gamecube, Xbox, and PS2 joysticks are all interchangable with each other.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Plus Gamecube, Xbox, and PS2 joysticks are all interchangable with each other.[/quote]

Really? I did not know that.

I know that the PS2 and Xbox joysticks were clickable, but the GameCube's joystick was not, so the repair still works?

bread's done
Back