Using Replacement Analog Stick on Slim PSP

necrojustice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
I dunno how many people like me have larger hands (or just can't stand the psp nub) and wanted to replace theirs on the Slim PSP. It's very difficult to replace the Slim Analog without having to take off the faceplate. (And void the warranty!) I made a few that I purchased from Deal Extreme work easily for my Slim without voiding the warranty.

All you have to do:

Acquire a replacement analog nub you wish to use
IMG_0096.jpg

Get something to cut off the "stick" part of the replacement nub

IMG_0102.jpg

Cut off the nub and then sand down the leftover plastic chunk left on the back.
(Sandpaper works well)
Once you are done, you will have this.

IMG_0109.jpg

Then use something similar to Glue Dots.
(I obviously used Glue Dots.)

IMG_0110.jpg

(The Poster Glue Dots work very well and are perfectly shaped to fit a psp nub!)

IMG_0111.jpg

Place it directly on the existing nub and....
Finished Product

IMG_0112.jpg

Done!
If you want to remove the nub, just slide it right off. The glue dot comes off very easily and leaves no residue.

Q and A:

Does it slide around?
-Just a wee little bit. It was not enough to effect gameplay for me. It holds very snugly to the pitted PSP Analog Stick.

Huh, I may have to try this. I bought one of those replacement nub packs, not realizing that they don't work on the slim.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']Huh, I may have to try this. I bought one of those replacement nub packs, not realizing that they don't work on the slim.[/quote]
I did the same thing. I remembered I had some dots left over so I figured why not try it.

bread's done
Back