USPS "awaiting item" in tracking problem

trunks982

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
i got a problem. i sold an item on Jan 1st. I shipped out the morning of Jan 2nd as First Class. I dropped it in the APC bin at my local post office. The seller and I both live on the east coast and I had a snow storm in the morning of Jan 4th.  we are about 2 states away from each other. the problem is that the buyer still didnt get his package and the tracking doesnt show any movement at all.

it just said:

January 2, 2018
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

should i worry at this time or should i wait a few more days? what should i do? anyone had this problem? I remember i had a package like this before and the tracking finally showed up as delivered. there was no scans in between.

They may be behind on their packages altogether due to the weather, so I'd say give it a few days, especially since the day you dropped it off was also a holiday, so you've basically hit the perfect storm, literally.

If the seller is also near you, they should be understanding to the possibility of delay, so I'd just let them know the case.  If you really want, you can always call up USPS to check.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can submit a case online at USPS.com as well. The case will be directed to your local post office to check, and you should receive a phone call from them to follow up.

i see an update on it now. its currently in his state. expected delivery monday. the buyer needs some patience thats all. i already told him yesterday its the snow storm and give it till Tuesday. he was messaging me for the past 2 days.

Whens the eBay delivery estimate? When I buy stuff and the seller is relatively close by it's still at least a week, I can't count how many times a seller has just printed a label and done nothing.

Whens the eBay delivery estimate? When I buy stuff and the seller is relatively close by it's still at least a week, I can't count how many times a seller has just printed a label and done nothing.
it says within 4 business days under the item shipping information but estimated delivery is Sat Jan 6 under order details. i checked his feedback. looks like he bought a lot of stuff within a month.

bread's done
Back