USPS loses package?

aem

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Anyone else go through this experience? I started selling on eBay in February and have sold 300+ games. USPS has mostly been great until recently.

I shipped out several games last Monday with USPS First Class w/ delivery confirmation. One of them does not seem to have gotten to its destination. It still says electronic shipping info received even though it should easily have made it there by Thursday of last week.

I called USPS on Saturday and they can't see anything else than what I see it seems. Said to call back Tuesday (today) if it hadn't updated. I haven't called back yet as I messaged the buyer on eBay a few days ago but he did not write back. I just wrote him again.

Any chance it might still make it there? Any advice? I'll probably refund his money if it doesn't make it there by tomorrow. It was an inexpensive game ($12.99 with free shipping) so not really that concerned about refunding I suppose. Of course insurance wasn't purchased on such a cheap item..but USPS insurance is really a scam anyway. I shouldn't have to pay to protect myself against THEIR screw ups even though I usually require it on expensive items.

Last edited by a moderator:
A game was "lost" in transit to me. I received the package, but one of the games inside was missing. The trader (who I trust) swears he put it in the package.

Just received a package today torn to bits with several missing items and the one item in it was torn and bent. fuck the USPS. Filing a complaint tomorrow.

did the buyer complain that he did not get it? It is possible it just did not get scanned.
I dont think it has been long enough to worry about yet

[quote name='Jedi1979']did the buyer complain that he did not get it? It is possible it just did not get scanned.
I dont think it has been long enough to worry about yet[/QUOTE]

No I went through my list of sales and checked delivery confirmations of people who didn't leave feedback yet. All were good except this one. I have not heard anything from him even though I took the initiative and asked him to confirm if he received it or not a few days ago. I just messaged him again as he left feedback for others yesterday so he clearly has been on eBay.

I really wish USPS provided more details..at least the fact that they got the item. UPS is too expensive to ship anything under 1lb.

yeah USPS really needs to update their DC system to what UPS has where you see everywhere it's been. Sadly DCs are just for that, confirmation the package was delivered. It will atleast tell you if it go to the post office for delivery because they've been cracking down on carriers not scanning DCs so the clerks scan them in the morning to show which ones the carrier doesn't scan when he comes back. I work in a small office though so this might be an exception.

[quote name='MrBrando']yeah USPS really needs to update their DC system to what UPS has where you see everywhere it's been. Sadly DCs are just for that, confirmation the package was delivered. It will atleast tell you if it go to the post office for delivery because they've been cracking down on carriers not scanning DCs so the clerks scan them in the morning to show which ones the carrier doesn't scan when he comes back. I work in a small office though so this might be an exception.[/QUOTE]

thats the same in my office (25 routes) They constantly remind us to scan everything

usps can be awful.. once my mom sent me a package, the label fell off of it so it got sent back to her house.. fine, but the kicker was that they took my moms label when the found it and stuck it on some random package... i got a package addressed in my moms handwriting with STINKY DIRTY PANTS in it and a note saying the guy wanted to return them to mike (who ever that is) because they didn't fit and he'd like a refund... and let me tell you these pants STANK they smelled like dog poop mixed with liquid cigarette smoke extract....

needless to say i just threw it away but my god that was the worst/weirdest thing usps has done to me.

oh that and a relative sent my daughter a valentine and the envelope got ripped in half the piece of candy in the envelope cracked in half and half missing with most of the written part gone and usps put it in a zip lock bag w/ an appology and then DEMANDED 50 cents postage due on delivery because she hadn't put enough postage on the envelope!!!!!! um, really what happened was usps had RIPPED the stamp side of the envelope off and that is why it was postage due... because it didn't have a stamp any more OMFG morons

The USPS has some crooked SOBs working for them in some places. A friend shipped me a couple of dumbbells that they had lying around their house and the package I received had been tampered with. The friend put the dumbbells in the box at the post office, in view of the employees, so I'm sure one of the employees saw it and decided they wanted them. After the friend mailed the package, someone opened it, took out the dumbbells, and replaced them with these mini Vince Lombardi, Jr. books titled, What It Takes to Be #1.

[quote name='bugeater']The USPS has some crooked SOBs working for them in some places. A friend shipped me a couple of dumbbells that they had lying around their house and the package I received had been tampered with. The friend put the dumbbells in the box at the post office, in view of the employees, so I'm sure one of the employees saw it and decided they wanted them. After the friend mailed the package, someone opened it, took out the dumbbells, and replaced them with these mini Vince Lombardi, Jr. books titled, What It Takes to Be #1.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Sorry to laugh at your misfortune but that is pretty funny.

The USPS is AWFUL. I have two magazine subscriptions and I get them every other month. I complain constantly but nothing ever gets done. If I need to send anything import I use FedEx.

Just got a letter in the mail stating that a package I sent arrived at the distribution center in the appropriate state, but it was empty. So it didn't even make it to the buyer before it got noticed. Sucks since I obviously have to refund the buyer (not the buyers fault), but I likely won't get my items back either :bomb:

bread's done
Back