USPS Question

SEH

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So, on Saturday I ordered a game from a guy in Illinois, and on Wednesday I ordered a game from a guy in Nevada. Today, both were scheduled to arrive. Anyways, I haul the mail in today, and the only game in there is the one from Nevada. I'm very curious as to what this is all about since the other one says that it's out for delivery.

What should I do here? Game's out for delivery but I've already received my mail. Do I wait another day even though it should've already been here?

Lol, my trade I made with Backseatdog has had my item marked as processed through sort facility for 4 days now and that is in Warrendale, PA. I only live in New York so it's probably less then 2-3 hours away. But it doesn't wanna come lol.

[quote name='hiromano']I've had that happen, the mailman probably didn't see it and left it on the truck... Hopefully you'll get it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully that's the case. I'm just worried someone else got my game. Some of the people in this neighborhood would most likely keep the package even if they saw it wasn't for them.

[quote name='SEH']So, on Saturday I ordered a game from a guy in Illinois, and on Wednesday I ordered a game from a guy in Nevada. Today, both were scheduled to arrive. Anyways, I haul the mail in today, and the only game in there is the one from Nevada. I'm very curious as to what this is all about since the other one says that it's out for delivery.

What should I do here? Game's out for delivery but I've already received my mail. Do I wait another day even though it should've already been here?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I've had packages that were going to Virginia before(I'm in PA) and they bounced ALL THE WAY DOWN to friggin' North Carolina before being delivered in VA.

Unfortunately, the shortest route between two points is NOT a straight line according to the USPS.:roll: And they wonder why they're in fuckin' financial trouble? Then again, paying full pensions and full benefits to all retirees(from what I've heard) doesn't help either.

You should be okay as long as it doesn't say "Delivered" and then wasn't in your mailbox. As hiromano said, it was probably overlooked and will be delivered tomorrow. I wouldn't worry about it unless you don't see it tomorrow or Monday.

It could also depend on what type of shipping he used. It takes longer for packages shipped through media mail/parcel post compared to first class. Although if it's just one game, there's no excuse for using media mail/parcel post. Because it's usually like a $.5-$.10 difference between first class & media/parcel post.

[quote name='tangytangerine']It could also depend on what type of shipping he used. It takes longer for packages shipped through media mail/parcel post compared to first class. Although if it's just one game, there's no excuse for using media mail/parcel post. Because it's usually like a $.5-$.10 difference between first class & media/parcel post.[/QUOTE]

Games are more expensive to ship Medial Mail than USPS First Class Parcel Post. The other day I tried printing a label on PayPal for a 6 oz game and media mail was $2.85 while First Class was $2.29. Don't know about the exact values, but they were close to that.

It was just me being overly worried. Game came today. When I asked the mailman about it, he said it accidentally got left on the truck yesterday.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Games are more expensive to ship Medial Mail than USPS First Class Parcel Post. The other day I tried printing a label on PayPal for a 6 oz game and media mail was $2.85 while First Class was $2.29. Don't know about the exact values, but they were close to that.[/QUOTE]

Specifically, Media mail is per lb, and first-class is per oz. The tipping point is around 2 games, and even then it's rather close.

Okay, I got one that makes me mad. My item that was sitting at warrington, pa or whatever it is just went backwards and is now in Des Moines, Iowa. It went from 3 hours away to like 12 or more. I don't understand that at all.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Games are more expensive to ship Medial Mail than USPS First Class Parcel Post. The other day I tried printing a label on PayPal for a 6 oz game and media mail was $2.85 while First Class was $2.29. Don't know about the exact values, but they were close to that.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I don't know WHY people would be like 'ship the game Media' when First Class gets it there FASTER. Personally, I'd rather ship something I can first class and have it get there in 2-3 days versus Media where I've had stuff take 2-3 WEEKS before.

If you're that fuckin' cheap though to choose the much slower rate, then so be it, but Media also gets randomly checked and if they find something that doesn't qualify for Media being shipped that rate you get it returned to you.

If that happened and someone ordered me to ship it Media, then they're paying AGAIN for shipping and I'm not shipping it out until I receive payment for re-shipping.

I had that happen about 2-3 months ago with a deal on here. Luckily it fell through and someone else catered to the asshole who was barking at me to ship him like 3-4 clearance games Media rate.

[quote name='SEH']It was just me being overly worried. Game came today. When I asked the mailman about it, he said it accidentally got left on the truck yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Glad you got it. I thought that would be the case. The mailman probably saw it after delivering your mail and decided, "screw it, I'm not walking back, he can wait". Gotta love the post office.

bread's done
Back