USPS w/ Deliver Confirmation - but no delivery? Help!

chrisnsally

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
Anybody have a (useful) suggestion with trying to get ahold of an actual human being at the USPS 800 number? Here's the deal:

A CAG shipped a package to my house w/ Delivery Confirmation. The USPS site says it was delivered yesterday - alas, there's not jack squat on my front porch. I'm still going to ship his game out tomorrow, because it's not his fault. But what use is DC if it isn't 100% accurate?

Any suggestions on what to do next (other than kissing my game goodbye!)?

Ouch, maybe the package got delayed or something and wasn't recored, could be there in a day or two, but yeah raise some hell. They're in the wrong.

I had this happen to me and the post office in my area called me. They basically told me that they could've stuck it in the wrong box (i live in an apartment) and that if there is no insurance on it the I'm screwed.

[quote name='sbaker44']I had this happen to me and the post office in my area called me. They basically told me that they could've stuck it in the wrong box (i live in an apartment) and that if there is no insurance on it the I'm screwed.[/quote]

That's what I got from their website. Great. Just super.

Thanks for the feedback, folks.

To add a silver lining...I actually got mine about a week after it said it was delivered so it may still turn up! I just had to be pissed off for a week since I thought I was screwed.

I'm not trying to be hateful or stupid,but don't they just stick it in the mailbox? They usually leave a paper in the mailbox where they left your item or at least that is what they do here. Maybe the other guy is right, and they took it to the wrong house.

Just hope the person it showed up to doesn't keep it, then you'll be okay, as long as he sends it back out with wrong address.

[quote name='sbaker44']To add a silver lining...I actually got mine about a week after it said it was delivered so it may still turn up! I just had to be pissed off for a week since I thought I was screwed.[/QUOTE]

This does happen. When they scan it, they have to select what it's being scanned for (processing, arrival, delivery, etc.) and somebody might have pressed the wrong button. Happened to me once... and I was a nervous wreck wondering where my game was.

But call your local post office, they should be the most help.

occasionally the carriers may scan items in office to save time on the street but then forget to actually deliver the item or it gets mixed up in the pile and it ends up being delivered the next day...however i would call your local office and you will get a live person or you can go in person with your info and see what they say...they should ask the carrier and then go from there

This info is from personal expirence since i am a carrier;)

So there's still hope - that's cool. I have to go to the post office tomorrow to ship the other CAGs game out anyway - I'll ask them then.

(there's always that chance that somebody swiped it off the porch, but there's nothing I can do at that point...)

Verify the address with the sender. Hopefully they printed a label through Paypal or USPS, so you can confirm the address. Also, ask your mail carrier if they remember dropping any packages off at your home on the day in question. The sooner the better.

I've had this happen as well and i'll also second they won't do shit for you without insurance. Hell they even had my mailman call me, he swore up and down he delivered it here, described my house and car outside. Then I get a package a week later from someone who was kind enough to circle my address and put it back in the mailbox, dumbass delivered it up the street.

bread's done
Back