Utah to Criminalize Miscarriage

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']When does it get a SSN?[/QUOTE]

Actually, my daughter didn't get hers until she was 1 so I wouldn't say that's a good measure of when you become a person either.

[quote name='depascal22']It's not about cost when it comes to children. That's especially true where you live in a community where four and five bedroom rentals have to be made available because all those crazy Mormons have big families.[/QUOTE]

'eh... I'm a little iffy on paying for emotional damages in most cases anyway. Do the "crazy Mormon" parents also get to sue their child when she goes out and has sexual relations against their religious beliefs, causing them stress and emotional damages as well?

Suing your own child for emotional damages... wow.

[quote name='depascal22']It's not about cost when it comes to children. That's especially true where you live in a community where four and five bedroom rentals have to be made available because all those crazy Mormons have big families.[/QUOTE]

A) Please state your source for your four and five bedroom rental statement.
B) What's wrong with big families?

[quote name='depascal22']Actually, it becomes a person after three months. You can only get first trimester abortions under normal circumstances.[/QUOTE]

Just because states are allowed to ban abortion of "viable" fetuses doesn't amount to legal recognition that a fetus is a person with rights of its own.

Supreme Court abortion cases (Roe, Casey, etc.) pretty much go out of their way to avoid deciding when life begins. Rather, they just articulate a point where the state's interest in "protecting unborn life" is compelling enough to override a woman's due process right to "privacy."

[quote name='thrustbucket']B) What's wrong with big families?[/QUOTE]

If you can't afford to have six kids, be a responsible adult and don't have six kids to begin with.

Or six wives. Whatever.

[quote name='thrustbucket']A) Please state your source for your four and five bedroom rental statement.
B) What's wrong with big families?[/QUOTE]

A) People that I know that personally live in SLC. When they first moved to Utah, they were surprised that there were apartment complexes with four and five bedrooms.

http://www.housesforrent.ws/rentals/UT-Utah-Salt-Lake-City_02.aspx

Check out the featured listings. Way more four bedrooms than average and there's even a six bedroom listed.

http://rentals.nationalrelocation.com/Utah/Salt%20Lake%20City/

Again, check out the listings and see what's featured. Other than the first two listings, everything has a huge number of bedrooms.

B) Nothing at all. Mormons are crazy for other reasons.

Lots of houses with 4+ bedrooms for rent. Nothing uncommon about that. I see few houses with less bedrooms than that anywhere in the country. It makes little sense to build a house with 2 bedrooms when the cost increase for adding more is not much.

I thought you were referring to apartments, which would be uncommon.

I think you just have a prejudiced bone to pick with religion or what you perceive as a religious community, that's the only point I was trying to make, and I think I've done so.

That's funny because when I look up houses rent in Indy, it's all 2 and 3 bedrooms.

Here's places with 4 bedrooms for rent in apartment complexes.
http://www.apartments.com/summary.a...summary&prvpg=7&srt1=0.94&srt2=0.92&srt3=0.70
http://www.apartments.com/summary.a...summary&prvpg=7&srt1=0.94&srt2=0.92&srt3=0.70

But nah, I have no idea what I'm talking about and just hate all religion right?

Oh, I don't like Mormons but that's because they followed a man into the swamp that was proven to be a fraud. Look up Joseph Smith and how they he basically rewrote the Book of Mormon on the fly after he lost the original or how he was basically a crazy dude that wanted to convert everyone and start his own Holy Army.

Nothing against the rest of Christianity. I don't see how you can equate not liking Mormons with not liking ALL religions.

Also, doesn't predjudice mean pre judging without any information? I've done my research on Moromonism and I don't like it. Guess I can't make a decision on my own these days, huh? Rather odd coming from someone like you thrust.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='depascal22']That's funny because when I look up houses rent in Indy, it's all 2 and 3 bedrooms.

Here's places with 4 bedrooms for rent in apartment complexes.

But nah, I have no idea what I'm talking about and just hate all religion right?

Oh, I don't like Mormons but that's because they followed a man into the swamp that was proven to be a fraud. Look up Joseph Smith and how they he basically rewrote the Book of Mormon on the fly after he lost the original or how he was basically a crazy dude that wanted to convert everyone and start his own Holy Army.

Nothing against the rest of Christianity. I don't see how you can equate not liking Mormons with not liking ALL religions.

Also, doesn't predjudice mean pre judging without any information? I've done my research on Moromonim and I don't like it. Guess I can't make a decision on my own these days, huh? Rather odd coming from someone like you thrust.[/QUOTE]

wow, what prompted you to do all of this research on mormons? Just to be clear under your line of thinking its okay to say and do things that society views as "prejudice" as long as you do your homework, right?

It's not like I ostracize them personally or out of my way to deny them happiness. I didn't vote to say they couldn't get married. Just my personal opinion.

It's OK not to like things. Do you like everything and everyone you meet?

I also find it's funny that you decide to come after me personally after some of the other things that have been said in this thread? Did you think I was the only one that would act like a bitch and bow to your demands of Political Correctness? fuck off and come back when you have something else to whine about.

[quote name='depascal22']Also, doesn't predjudice mean pre judging without any information?[/QUOTE]

Yes, in the sense that it means making sweeping judgments about individuals you subjectively know nothing about based on arbitrary and irrelevant characteristics.

Like, you know, what you're doing.

Your (implicit) argument: Mormonism is stupid and crazy. Therefore, I am justified in assuming that any Mormon I meet is a fanatical idiot.

A similar argument: African Americans make up a plurality of the prison population. Therefore, I am justified in assuming that any African American I meet is a criminal.

But hey, it's statistically more likely, right? At any rate, it's cool as long as I don't make them feel uncomfortable!

[quote name='depascal22']It's OK not to like things. Do you like everything and everyone you meet?[/QUOTE]

No, but I like to reserve judgment until I meet them.

[quote name='depascal22']I also find it's funny that you decide to come after me personally after some of the other things that have been said in this thread? Did you think I was the only one that would act like a bitch and bow to your demands of Political Correctness?[/QUOTE]

How bold of you to take such a stand against the evils of Mormonism, so rarely a target of vitriol on internet message boards. I applaud you for voicing your controversial opinion. Pray tell, what do you think of Scientology?

[quote name='depascal22']It's not like I ostracize them personally or out of my way to deny them happiness. I didn't vote to say they couldn't get married. Just my personal opinion.

It's OK not to like things. Do you like everything and everyone you meet?

I also find it's funny that you decide to come after me personally after some of the other things that have been said in this thread? Did you think I was the only one that would act like a bitch and bow to your demands of Political Correctness? fuck off and come back when you have something else to whine about.[/QUOTE]

You're going to talk to me about political correctness? Thats funny as hell. Actually the truth is that I singled you out because your post in this thread was more pathetic than most and I wasn't in the mood to suffer fools last night.
But don't get mad. Its not like I will go out of my way to ostracize you or deny you if your happiness.

Suffer fools for what? This thread is about crazy fools from Utah and you want to argue that I can't call them crazy Mormons? Really?

On top of all that, I was one of the people that said that it didn't even criminalize miscarriage. If anything, the OP had more to do with stirring the pot than a couple statements about my dislike of Mormons.

But hey whatever, it's OK for society to hate gays but I can't dislike Mormons.

[quote name='depascal22']But hey whatever, it's OK for society to hate gays but I can't dislike Mormons.[/QUOTE]

This is an excellent point. Everyone gets criticized in the American political arena, noone's policy positions should be treated as holier-than-thou. If Mormons don't want to be criticized in the American political arena then they shouldn't enter it.

Horse shit. Everyone is free game for criticism in the political arena, regardless of how involved anyone is. In fact, that's pretty much what the modern political arena is - a criticism circle jerk.

Don't pretend like if a group or person keeps to themselves they will be left alone. That's not true at all. If your different or have unpopular views, you will be ridiculed, your family will be ridiculed, your ancestors will be made fun of and you can expect to be lampooned on each prime time animation.

bread's done
Back