Valentines Day Idea - 50% Restaurant.com Gift Certifcates ($25 for $5)

Cth

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
FYI - Discount expires on 1/22/06

http://www.restaurant.com
Enter promotional code 99489, then hit “Recalculate Total”.
EDIT: to clarify, this is 50% off the already discounted prices they have!

If you would like to help me out, here is my referral link. You don't have to click this at all. If this is not allowed, please let me know, I'll remove my link.

I figured this was a nice, cheap way to take your significant other out to a really nice restaurant for Valentine's Day.

I cannot imagine using a coupon to take my girlfriend out for Valentine's Day. Doesn't seem very romantic. I have no problem with any other day, but not Valentine's or any official date in general I guess.

Thanks for the link though.

[quote name='javeryh']Nice link... Valentine's Day is for suckers though. I don't believe in that shit.[/QUOTE]

Then have you ever heard of Sweetest day?

[quote name='Snake2715']Then have you ever heard of Sweetest day?[/QUOTE]

I have - from CAG - and it's even a bigger joke than Valentine's Day. Why should I have to buy someone something for no reason?

Any other day this would be great but not on Valentines day. Valentines Day is one of the few days all of us cheapasses just need to suck it up and splurge a little.

Thanks OP

[quote name='javeryh']Nice link... Valentine's Day is for suckers though. I don't believe in that shit.[/QUOTE]

totally agree with you, such a waste of fucking money for no major reason.

[quote name='battleroyal33']Any other day this would be great but not on Valentines day. Valentines Day is one of the few days all of us cheapasses just need to suck it up and splurge a little.[/QUOTE]

Why? It's just another day of the year - there's nothing special about it at all. I can understand Birthdays, Christmas and Anniversarys but Valentine's Day was just pulled out of someone's ass and means absolutely nothing. You should be celebrating being with your significant other every day of the year.

I got no problem using a coupon on valentines' day or birthday. I won't let it dictate where we go/what we do, but if she wants to go somewhere, and I can find a coupon for it, I surely will.

Perhaps the issue is not one of coupons or cheapness, but of actually *having* a 'valentine'?

[quote name='javeryh']Why? It's just another day of the year - there's nothing special about it at all. I can understand Birthdays, Christmas and Anniversarys but Valentine's Day was just pulled out of someone's ass and means absolutely nothing. You should be celebrating being with your significant other every day of the year.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% that its just a made up holiday for us to spend our money, no question about that. Not sure how old you are but by the time your my age(30) Im pretty sure your tune will have changed. I do what I do on Valentines day because I can, I enjoy spending the $$ on her, its going to be spent on her or me( video games and action figures).

and by the way my girlfriend lives with me so I am with her everyday and love it, and I tell her that every morning I wake up next to her and every night that I fall asleep next to her.

[quote name='battleroyal33']I agree 100% that its just a made up holiday for us to spend our money, no question about that. Not sure how old you are but by the time your my age(30) Im pretty sure your tune will have changed. I do what I do on Valentines day because I can, I enjoy spending the $$ on her, its going to be spent on her or me( video games and action figures).

and by the way my girlfriend lives with me so I am with her everyday and love it, and I tell her that every morning I wake up next to her and every night that I fall asleep next to her.[/QUOTE]

I guess we can just agree to disagree. :D I'm 31 and have never in the 6 years I've been married bought something on Valentine's Day for my wife. She has also never bought me anything (nor do I want her to). We kind of decided that Birthdays and Christmas are OK for gifts - nothing else. For our Anniversary we usually go out to dinner (but still no gift). To us the only thing worse than buying someone something just for the sake of buying it is getting some crappy $50 trinket because someone felt like they had to give it. I guess we feel like if there is something either of us want we just go and get it no matter the day of the year.

Good deal OP. Just a heads-up for those ordering, it looks like the certificates can only be used to discount a certain value, like $25 off a minimum $40 purchase. Just a reminder to read the fine print. Still an awesome deal.

[quote name='strummerbs']Good deal OP. Just a heads-up for those ordering, it looks like the certificates can only be used to discount a certain value, like $25 off a minimum $40 purchase. Just a reminder to read the fine print. Still an awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

I've used these before and you are right, each coupon is different and you have to read the fine print. Some have barely any restrictions (although most won't cover booze) and some have so many restrictions it's not worth the hassle.

bread's done
Back