Valentines Day sucks.

I had to work today, and there were two girls that stopped by and asked if there was a remote location anywhere near where no one was around. I asked them why and they laughed and asked if I had seen Garden State, then went on to explain that they didn't have a Valentine and wanted a remote location so they could go scream as loudly as they wanted. :roll: :lol:

Thought that it was kind of funny. Some people put way too much stock in this shit.

[quote name='Mike23']I'm considering the fact that most of the people here are just bitter, lonely, nerds. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey. Shut up.

:(

I found a way to be a cheapassgamer this Valentine's day. I got my girlfriend two dvds (~$25) and took her to dinner (~$25) and she got me Condemned (not at Best Buy, so it was $65 after tax). I just saved $15 on Condemned!

It is a bull-shit holiday by the way. I wish I didn't have a girlfriend so I could not spend money at all today.

[quote name='Mike23']I'm considering the fact that most of the people here are just bitter, lonely, nerds. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey! I'm not bitter! :D

[quote name='2fast_2fuhrer']I found a way to be a cheapassgamer this Valentine's day. I got my girlfriend two dvds (~$25) and took her to dinner (~$25) and she got me Condemned (not at Best Buy, so it was $65 after tax). I just saved $15 on Condemned!

It is a bull-shit holiday by the way. I wish I didn't have a girlfriend so I could not spend money at all today.[/QUOTE]

You got Condemned though. Great game IMO.

today is my birthday, so i dont give a damn what the holiday represents, as long as i get my gifts lol

no one is really forcing you to celebrate valentines day. I'm sure the people asking for gifts understand if you have no money, that is, if they truly "love" you, and a "romantic" day doesnt require you to spend a lot of money: just claim you couldnt get reservations, and instead just spend the day enjoying eachother's company

I have nothing wrong with "capitalist holidays." they help people spend money, even if it can be a little annoying, and are just a little change every so often.

if this topic was just about hating valentines day, ill have to agree: but for a good reason (besides being unable to get a girl myself). Both last year, and this year, ive lost a close relative right around now. Last year my great aunt's funeral was on valentines day, and today my grandfather got the annointing of the sick.

[quote name='help1']Heres an idea:

Get off your ass, stop crying and get ur self a job, even if it is a shitty one.[/QUOTE]

Insert:

1.) Lose Weight
2.) Grow some balls to actually speak to the opposite sex
3.) Get a Girl.

Start now and by next Valentine's Day you should be able to cross one of those off of your to do list.

I second that, OP. It is clearly a government conspiracy. Damn Congress and Bush signing that Valentine's Day Legislation. I also think Clinton invented that other capitalistic holiday, Christmas. If I ever become president I'm going to introduce a new holiday, The Suck Me Day. Yess sireeee....No money will be exchanged on this holiday.

Where's the option for "sometimes"? Last year was good, because I had a woman to share it with. This year wasn't nearly as good.

"But it's St. Valentine's Day! God wants us to do it!"

[quote name='Rig']"It's St. Valentine's Day! God wants us to do it!"[/QUOTE]

Which god?

The christian god supports boring missionary sex through a hole in the sheet. PASS.

Stupid holiday... I don't need a special holiday to tell my girlfriend I love her.

I got her Saw 2 as a gift (was gonna get it for her regardless of V-Day), and we watched that tonight.

Tommorrow I'll get her plenty of candy, espically since it's 50% off.

[quote name='camoor']Which god?

The christian god supports boring missionary sex through a hole in the sheet. PASS.[/QUOTE]
No way. Christian god is all for any perversions you can come up with as long as you're married.

[quote name='jmcc']No way. Christian god is all for any perversions you can come up with as long as you're married.[/QUOTE]

You can only marry one chick, he burned down a place called 'Sodom and Gomorrah', and killed a guy for wasting his seed, so let's face it, he's pretty uptight about the whole sex scene.

[quote name='camoor']You can only marry one chick, he burned down a place called 'Sodom and Gomorrah', and killed a guy for wasting his seed, so let's face it, he's pretty uptight about the whole sex scene.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you really, really need another outlet for this sort of thing. I have no idea why you troll around on CAG with it.

[quote name='Strell']Dude, you really, really need another outlet for this sort of thing. I have no idea why you troll around on CAG with it.[/QUOTE]

Lighten up :lol:

[quote name='camoor']You can only marry one chick, he burned down a place called 'Sodom and Gomorrah', and killed a guy for wasting his seed, so let's face it, he's pretty uptight about the whole sex scene.[/QUOTE]
Did you see that Moral Orel episode where the kids drank piss because waste was a sin?

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I'm making CAG valentines card in this thread:

Cheap Ass Gamer - Valentines Cards Collection!

And I made you a card Quack...

emoquack5gu.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

[quote name='pimpinc333']Insert:

1.) Lose Weight
2.) Grow some balls to actually speak to the opposite sex
3.) Get a Girl.

Start now and by next Valentine's Day you should be able to cross one of those off of your to do list.[/QUOTE]

The problem in the OP was taht he had no money to blow on the holiday.... because he is unemployed... I know that if I was unemployed I would at least do SOME shit to get money.

Quack, maybe you need a new timeout, like the one you took back in mid-November to mid-December.

Find a new avenue for your overabundance of spare time, like to go find a job, someone to do things with, maybe a hobby or two?

I'm thinking you might want to look into that.

I do believe that Valentine's Day is just a excuse for people to spend money. You don't need a specific day to show someone you love them. But I can't complain about the all the gifts I receive though :cool:

[quote name='Quackzilla']Another capitalist bullshit holiday.

The unemployed should be exempted from this stupid holiday, why should I spend all of my money on crap like cards, flowers, and candy? I don't even have any money to spend on myself!

God, valentines day pisses me off even more than Christmas.

Yet the stupid media and the government conspirators have me driving out to the store to spend all of my money on this crap.[/QUOTE]

Eh, get a girlfriend and/or job and maybe you'll feel differently. Hell, I have neither and I could care less. Maybe you just need friends in general.
Oh and how did Halloween make the Hallmark Holiday List? Who doesnt love fucking Hallow's Eve?!

[quote name='Mike23']So, did anyone pick up some lonely chicks?[/QUOTE]
Eh, I found a chick that just got out of a relationship. We'll see how it pans out this Saturday :D

[quote name='GuyWithGun']We're keeping Steak and a Blowjob Day though. As long as we have Valentine's Day, we have to have Steak and a Blowjob Day. C'mon March 14![/QUOTE]

March 14th is part of the Japanese Valentine setup- they call it White Day.

The way it works, is on Valentine's Day girls give chocolate and/or small gifts to the boys. There's 2 kinds (forgive the lack of Japanese terms)- Obligation Chocolate is normally store bought and given to co-workers, friends... the kinda people you feel like you gave to give something to. Then there's True Love Chocolate, which is usually homemade and reserved for "That special someone."

When White Day rolls around, the boys who recieved chocolate give back a gift to any girls who got them something. Normally White chocolate or clothes/accessories.

As for me- I don't mind the holiday one way or another- I mind the people who somehow think they're obligated to blow a ton of money for said hoilday and whine about it. No one's making you do it, ya know. (I gave my BF some homemade cookies with buttercream frosting. Next time I'm gonna mix cocoa powder into the frosting and see if it'll chocolate up good. :bouncy: )

[quote name='jmcc']Combine them all into a single gift. Really rip her off, like those poor kids who were born too close to Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Damm you for reminding me, i always got the shaft for my bday being 1/9...:lol:

[quote name='Quackzilla']Did you see that Moral Orel episode where the kids drank piss because waste was a sin?[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy the adult swim dvds - they have some pretty hilarious stuff

bread's done
Back