Valkyria Chronicles $20 at GameStop NEW

You are just finding things left and right, lol. You should just compile all these games you're finding into one thread. I think it will help keeping people up on these nice drops. Specially with B2G1 coming up, some people are going to want to use these as part of it. I know I would. Nice finds.

Meh, it's not gonna be an everyday thing. But I'm just here now to help ya'll get a few of these because they are nice. 8)

[quote name='Chuplayer']$19.99 too expensive.[/QUOTE]

For someone with no taste for high quality masterpieces, yeah.

My copy arrived Friday. Factory sealed, came out to around $24 and some change with shipping.

Seriously, dudes, just pay for shipping. Even at $24, it's a hell of a deal, and apparently this game heals the sick or some shit. It must be really good!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']If only it had Trophies.[/QUOTE]

There have to be some games which are worth playing whether they have trophies or not, right? Unless you're such a craven trophy/achievement addict that gaming for the sake of enjoyment is completely gone, Valkyria Chronicles would certainly qualify. But since you insist:

13526.jpg

Trophy Unlocked: You've purchased a game for its quality, not whether or not it has trophies.

Just ordered off Gamestop.com for $24.59 w/tax & shipping. I usually try to stay away from gamestop, but I couldn't find a lower price for this game.

Found this at my local gamestop. I got the last copy as it was gutted, but the manual and case are in good condition. Will be playing this after I finish Uncharted 2!

[quote name='bvharris']There have to be some games which are worth playing whether they have trophies or not, right? Unless you're such a craven trophy/achievement addict that gaming for the sake of enjoyment is completely gone, Valkyria Chronicles would certainly qualify. But since you insist:

13526.jpg

Trophy Unlocked: You've purchased a game for its quality, not whether or not it has trophies.[/QUOTE]

Xbox has lots of achievement point whores ("Saw gives out tons of achievement points, so I must play it no matter how crappy it is!"), so PlayStation has their fair share of trophy whores too.

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for the heads up! I picked it up yesterday at $19.99 brand new (well, brand new according to Gamestop).

I have a question though, I never buy from gamestop. I was reading the receipt, and it says you have 30 days to return a new purchase. When I was buying Valkyria Chronicles, the lady was trying to convince me to buy used because I could return the game within 7 days for a full refund if I didn't like it, but I couldn't return the the new copy I bought. However, my "new" copy was open. You all know how they do it. What is the point of that policy if the games are sold opened?"

Thanks again guys!

P.S. To be more clear, you can return a new unopened purchase. Their games are sold open, even when new. What gives?

[quote name='Imallvol7']Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for the heads up! I picked it up yesterday at $19.99 brand new (well, brand new according to Gamestop).

I have a question though, I never buy from gamestop. I was reading the receipt, and it says you have 30 days to return a new purchase. When I was buying Valkyria Chronicles, the lady was trying to convince me to buy used because I could return the game within 7 days for a full refund if I didn't like it, but I couldn't return the the new copy I bought. However, my "new" copy was open. You all know how they do it. What is the point of that policy if the games are sold opened?"

Thanks again guys!

P.S. To be more clear, you can return a new unopened purchase. Their games are sold open, even when new. What gives?[/QUOTE]

The stores are suppose to put a clear seal over the part where you open up the DVD/Blu-Ray cases. Once the seal has been tampered or broken off then the game is considered opened. If the seal is in tact, and not tampered with then the game is considered unopened. You just have to make sure your store puts that on or else they are going to say you opened it.

I really wished GS would stop gutting games and reselling them as new. I honestly don't want a gutted game. It's not new. I sometimes never even play games I buy, they stay sealed for years. I refuse to buy gutted games from GS and frankly haven't shopped there in the last 6 months due to lack of any good deals on games anyway.

Who wants a new opened game or a used game that could have been infected with H1N1?!? Not me!

[quote name='Snap']I really wished GS would stop gutting games and reselling them as new. I honestly don't want a gutted game. It's not new. I sometimes never even play games I buy, they stay sealed for years. I refuse to buy gutted games from GS and frankly haven't shopped there in the last 6 months due to lack of any good deals on games anyway.

Who wants a new opened game or a used game that could have been infected with H1N1?!? Not me![/QUOTE]
Its a debate that goes on here often I'm sure but I'm with you, for that reason almost exclusively, I don't shop at GameStop.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Its a debate that goes on here often I'm sure but I'm with you, for that reason almost exclusively, I don't shop at GameStop.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I don't either, but that 20$ Valkyria Chronicles deal was too good to pass up. She about drove me crazy trying to get me to buy the used version for $18. I told her I rather support the developer than save $2.

Bought Valkyria Chronicles - PS3, Brand new - $21.38 at GameStop today. :]

Yeah, this game is OOP and amazing. Since I am getting a PS3 Slim soon it's time for me to build a kick ass collection. And the dudes in GS were actually cool today. I never go in there, but they could tell I knew what the hell I was talking about because of the way I carried myself. Unlike these other dumb asses that go in there and waste money.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Bought Valkyria Chronicles - PS3, Brand new - $21.38 at GameStop today. :]

Yeah, this game is OOP and amazing. Since I am getting a PS3 Slim soon it's time for me to build a kick ass collection. And the dudes in GS were actually cool today. I never go in there, but they could tell I knew what the hell I was talking about because of the way I carried myself. Unlike these other dumb asses that go in there and waste money.[/QUOTE]

Hah, I am glad you had a good experience. Mine was ok. However, I heard them explaining the differences between ps3's and 360's to these parents and about what comes with each one and the benefits of each one. They were wrong on so many levels. I fear for anyone who isn't knowledgeable about gaming getting their information from a gamestop.

saw it at gs the other day, it was complete for 17.99 used, but when I tried to buy it, they couldn't find the game! said the nearest copy was a 45 minute drive away, or to call back later when they sort everything out

[quote name='Blumpkin']Nice, the deal is online too. Only $3 for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Use SAVER for free shipping (may have to purchase $25 or more, though, not sure - to be safe I just got 2 copies ;)).

My local Walmart still has about 4 copies of this game. I'm hoping this becomes one of those $7 titles on Black friday. That would be fantastic.

They also still have those Pokemon Platinum bundles that came out at launch. Seems odd.

hmmm, if I buy online, will it be guaranteed to be not opened?

I have a problem with buying opened games as new

[quote name='GindoGuy']hmmm, if I buy online, will it be guaranteed to be not opened?

I have a problem with buying opened games as new[/QUOTE]I can't confirm that it will not be sealed (still waiting for my online order) but online orders are probably coming from a warehouse instead of a store that opens games to display them. I doubt it would'nt come sealed.

Just got mine today, third try to get it from a gamestop. Other times they had everything but the game, but this time a very cute employee helped me out and we talked about the game for a while.

[quote name='FiretrUCK']What's the best way to clean those fucking stickers off the case?[/QUOTE]

Goo Gone works wonders. (I would take the cover out of the case and make sure the case is dry before you put it back in)

bread's done
Back