Valkyria Chronicles 21.99 Amazon FSSS

K

KornKid91

http://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chro...3260/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297009138&sr=8-1

This game has been fluctuating in price it was below $20 for a long time and then sometime in January the prices raised to be around 25-35.

I would recommend buying it now if you still haven't $22 is a good price and most retailers don't carry this game anymore and the ones that do are selling it for 30-40.

Gamestop still sells new copies for $20, but they are probably out of stock (none within 100 miles for me) and the $1.99 is pretty much the same you would pay for taxes

If you held out this long I would just get it now I don't think this is going to get any cheaper I think the price is going to slowly climb up and stay at an average price of $30

Yeah there's a gamestop near me that has it new in stock, I really need to go pick it up before it's gone. It's just that at the rate I'm going it'll be half a year before I get around to it... *looks at huge backlog of games*

When you're actually in combat, the gameplay is pretty neat, but everything outside of that made me want to kill someone really hard. The UI is clunky, the story laughably melodramatic, and the characters are only that in the most literal sense.

fantastic price for a masterpiece. a must-have at $20sh. gamestop sometimes lists it as $20 but never has it in stock. usually it hovers around $26-$28 on amazon.

I picked it up on amazon when it was 15 as well...haven't regretted it at all. VC2 to me is better as a whole though, but it's an improvement to a 4/5 star game already :d

From what I remember of Jeanne d'Arc, that's pure srpg, while VC is kinda a hybrid of action and strategy. Go for VC first, since you can grab download codes for Jeanne easier than you'd find copies of this.

Thanks OP, I was hoping this would drop down to 15 or so before I bought it but now that the price keeps going higher, I'll just get it at the 22 price point

I am not big on strategy games but this game is good, especially for the price.

The only downside is having to buy all of the DLC when you're done.

no need for the DLC. Though some of them are fun, I was rather disappointed with it. Selvaria's DLC gives you the Ruhm, which is LOL worthy. Edy Challenge gives you some other weapons, of which only the scout rifle ZM Kar 9 seems worthwhile. There's also the Edy detachment missions which are fun and the EX Hard skirmishes which I didn't bother to buy.

The game itself is great. I just finished my 3rd playthrough after a 2 year dry spell (5 playthroughs total). One thing that's great about this game is there's multiple ways to beat most of the levels. Forcing yourself to try different tactics is very rewarding.

I'm still on the fence about this game. They removed the demo so I didn't think I could download it but I remembered that I had downloaded it in the past and never got to it (I eventually deleted it). I found it in my download history and could download it again from there. I still haven't tried it yet. I generally despise SRPG's.

What's the DLC? Does it continue the campaign or something? Is the end of the game "To be continued"?

[quote name='topplehat']It's showing $26.37 now.[/QUOTE]

fuck!! Now i'm kicking myself for passing on it all the months it was at $20.

I'm kind of ashamed I haven't got around to playing this game yet. Maybe I'll take it out of my backlog next week.

[quote name='DesertLeo']Got this sitting in my backlog. Debating on starting either this or jeanne D'arc. Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

You really can't go wrong with either. IMO, they're both the best SRPGs for respective platforms. I'd say give VC a first playthrough and then go to Jeanne.

I just finished this, and it is one of the best current gen games I have played in a long assed time. I would say do this over Jeanne D'arc simply because this is more unique and innovative.

[quote name='typical guy']I'm still on the fence about this game. They removed the demo so I didn't think I could download it but I remembered that I had downloaded it in the past and never got to it (I eventually deleted it). I found it in my download history and could download it again from there. I still haven't tried it yet. I generally despise SRPG's.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. I downloaded the demo over a year ago and played it right away and deleted it. I remember liking it but don't really remember much about it, and I was disappointed it wasn't up for download anymore. Currently redownloading it from my download history list.

I did the same thing about re-downloading the demo.

The demo isn't really the best representation of the game. Because this is one of those games you have to get into. The first time I played the demo I stopped playing halfway through and turned it off. The second time I played I thought it was okay, I decided to buy the game anyway, and I'm happy I did It's become one of my favorite games of this gen.

This is the only SRPG I've ever played and I loved it. I got about 30ish hours of game play out of it.

I think this game is perfect for anyone who is new to SRPGS it's not too difficult to understand, but it's still very challenging. I would recommend everyone who is on the fence to at least try the game.

[quote name='VaultDweller']guys get it now before the price goes back up![/QUOTE]

Its back to $26 now at amazon.

[quote name='gojiboy']My local Gamestop still have sealed copies for $19.99. I'll wait a bit longer.[/QUOTE]

thats a good deal, i dont know if game like those will go down under $18.

The DLC adds extra missions from different perspectives. One of them you actually play on the side of the "bad guys" but it puts a more human face on one of the best characters of the game.

The story itself is a full story and a damned good one. There's no "to be continued" BS.

Just get it from Gamestop. This game is worth full price, and I really doubt you'll see it new for less that $20.

It's back down to $22.36. The price has been going up and down alot lately.
This game is definitely worth the price though. I just got it recently it's hard for me to put it down sometimes. I keep saying "one more battle won't hurt..." and actually end up playing more than that. Lol.

[quote name='DesertLeo']Got this sitting in my backlog. Debating on starting either this or jeanne D'arc. Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

This.

Replayed the demo last night and thought it was pretty good, but I do remember why I wasn't impressed enough to run out and purchase it. It is a lot of fun, but there is no story involved with it at all, so it definitely doesn't hook you. I assume that it's way better when you know the motivation behind these battles. It's back on my "to buy" list.

I picked this one up at an out of town Gamestop for 17.99 (19.59 after taxes I think). That was the first time, I bought something from Gamestop that someone who worked there said: "An excellent choice". The game is pretty fun, really nice graphic for a 2008 game. Story is pretty cool. Gameplay really make the game. I really wish Jann was a main character because he is the funniest so far. A gay Lancer, brilliant.

I bought this game for $59.99 new when it first came out. And I don't regret paying that price at all. Hell, I'd pay it again. That's how good this game is.

If you're even the tiniest curious about VC, I'd recommend picking it up at this price.

Its back up at Amazon for $21.98 today. Sold by Hubbagames and fulfilled by Amazon. Not sure what that means for FSSS since I have prime myself (which it is eligible). Grabbed myself a copy.

Buy this if you haven't already but check Gamestop first. I bought it at Gamestop brand new for $20 like a year ago, don't see how this is much of a sale.

bread's done
Back