Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $19.96 @ Walmart

The Rockwall, TX Walmart had 2 copies left after I picked one up. Online stock checker didn't show any in my area before I grabbed a copy.

[quote name='Wolfpup']If you're wanting it yourself it *MIGHT* still be okay since Blu Rays have that anti-scratch coating. Hate when that happens though :([/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it'll play just fine. That anti-scratch coating is no joke, the blu-rays disk can take some abuse. Theres a bunch of interesting youtube videos on the subject.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Cool!

Well, I played it last night until 3am (didn't mean to, but...)

Like the demo, it's really good so far. I'm still iffy on whether it's going to get way too hard at some point, but so far it's a ton of fun. I am *NOT* a huge fan of Japanese RPGs anymore, given I can't stand the majority of them (apparently), but this is so well crafted. I kind of thumbed through the manual, but it does a good job of teaching you how to play, so I don't think it even needs it really.

And so far it's just the right mix of complexity and ease of play, that's so hard for Japanese RPGs to achieve for some reason. Such a fresh take on the genre, and so well executed.

I'm wondering how the sequel will play/run on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your first impressions!

My copy is still unopened, and I'm debating if I should put Killzone 2 and Uncharted on hold so I can rip VC open. Killzone 2 I can put on hold but Uncharted just keeps getting better!

Picked up my copy Saturday at the 1960/Eldridge Walmart (Houston) There was another copy when I left, but the game was not showing in stock in the store locator. I'm pretty happy since I wanted to get VC during the B1G1/2Off at BB last week, but couldn't find a copy.

Another confirmation the web site is not necessarily accurate with respect to availability.

Web site said closest store to me with copies in stock was 50 miles away. There are 2 WM in my town. Stopped by the north one on the way home Friday and there were 2 copies in stock, although marked at $39.96. I asked the guy at the counter if the PM the web site and he said no. He was very polite and I asked if he's price check a copy for me and he did and it rung up $19.96. He was very surprised but was happy to sell it to me.

I picked up a copy at my local Walmart in Lincoln, NE for $19.99. They didn't even have a "Price Cut" or "Rollback" sticker next to it. At that time they had 4-5 copies of it left on the shelf.

What is the used price of this game at Gamestop? GS.com doesn't have a used copy listed. Trying to figure out the cost of it during one of GS B2G1 used sales.

Anyone know if TRU would price match this from the website? Or does it have to be in stock? I still have my Batman: AA gift card to use and i know my local TRU has four copies of VC.

[quote name='cag1000']What is the used price of this game at Gamestop? GS.com doesn't have a used copy listed. Trying to figure out the cost of it during one of GS B2G1 used sales.[/QUOTE]

I checked on friday, before i picked it up from WM, it was marked $39.99

[quote name='chrisflyer']I'm 0/2 so far, in Mentor, OH and N. Versailles, PA.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, if google map is correct, mentor is near lake erie and n. versailles is south of pittsburge. I am in Youngstown OH for business and staying in Boardman ohio, pretty much between the 2 places you listed and it still has 5 left if that matter and from the count, beside myself, no one is buying it there.

[quote name='anubis20']I checked on friday, before i picked it up from WM, it was marked $39.99[/QUOTE]

Really? GS.com has it for 39.99 New. I wonder if it's the same thing or only a couple dollars cheaper used?

This is quite the steal, I pre-ordered mine to get the art book. And I sent a friend to pick it up for me during working hours because I was afraid supplies would run out. :p Including the 8.75% sales tax I had to pay close to $65. And I still consider it was worth it overall... maybe I wouldn't mind not having the art book and paying like a few dollars less though.

On a side note, I find it interesting Walmart is also selling the import version of Folklore, "Folks Soul". (No idea Walmart now sold import game titles) Anyway, that's another worthy PS3 exclusive RPG I would happily shell out 60+ clams when it came out, mm about 2 years ago. Its gameplay greatly appealed to me it having developmental oversight by Yoshiki Okamoto. He's the executive producer for Onimusha, Devil May Cry and Resident Evil.

[quote name='meotraix']So you want to trade a $20 game for a $60 game in Batman? Its not like ppl can't order VC for like $40 on Amazon...[/QUOTE]

And I can go to Half.com and get Call of Juarez for $39.95 + shipping. Batman is a little more at around 46 + shipping. Those are just the only games I want. If someone came back with batman for vc and 5 bucks I'd probably go for it.

Picked a copy up at Walmart in Mobile, AL. They still had 6 or 7 copies left. So far its been one of the best games I have played. Really enjoying it.

Bought one and only one left in the Pasadena, TX Walmart next to Main St .. went to look for the Sims $10 buck cards on clearance .. found them but ranged up full price :( .. oh well win some lose some ^_^

None left at the Wal-Mart in Brigham City, UT. My buddy did score the last one for me in Clinton, UT, however. My advice is to keep checking. A couple days ago it said there weren't any within 100 miles, and today it said there was "limited stock" at the store in Clinton.

Hm, maybe I'll run out now and see if my walmart has it... most likely not...

edit: got one - dumb female dog hassled me over just doing a price check when the tag said 40. didn't even apologize for her rudeness. This is why I am glad company after company is shutting down so these twats have no job. bleh...

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any in the Bay Area? Im in San Jose and I loved the demo. I can't find one though.. the website for them is wonky too. Yuck! Id love the game at this price!

Check this out.

So, I just saw this thread for whatever reason yesterday. I check online and it says one Walmart far away may have one (limited stock). I check today and another one closer is listed as limited. I finally drive out there (without calling) and see the VC spot empty. It is also properly labelled at $19.

I was sad, but I look down and on the floor of the games case is a copy. The copy has a note taped to it that says "hold for Christian." I asked the lady at the electronics counter... I mean since when does Walmart hold games. She said she had no idea what the note was about... asked another associate... nope... called up front... nope. Sold it to me! Then another employee in electronics saw it and said someone called about it earlier but he didn't see it... so he said they didn't have it.

I lucked out. Now if Sega will release a trophy patch, this tale of good luck will be complete. And if Christian is a CAG, sorry!

I got excited when one of the stores said limited stock, I visited it today gave the UPC# to a worker, and asked if they might have it in the back. So they said no without checking......FAIL

[quote name='blackhole82']Now it's showing up as limited stock near me :/ wth.[/QUOTE]

A nearby Walmart received/found/whatever four copies over the weekend. The online tracker said there was only one store within 100 miles of me, but I checked the case anyway when I went to my store. Nothing. Two days later the tracker says the store has it, and sure enough, went back and there they were. So it's worth looking twice.

[quote name='obri0922']Seriously? Dammit! I bought mine at GS about a week beforehand (new) for twice the price. Grr...[/QUOTE]

If your walmart has a copy, buy it and return the new copy to GameStop. I called the GS store manager to ask about returning my copy and he is the one who suggested me to bring back the newer copy from Walmart.(since I opened the one i bought from GameStop)

He says have 30 days to return with receipt. Also, I checked that games are identical, so it's not like a switcharoo of products.

[quote name='dizzlle01']I picked up one at the pico rivera store in so cal. I left 5 for CAGs to get.[/QUOTE]

Checked it out a few hours ago, and Pico Rivera is now sold out. Was showing up as in stock online, but the sales clerk showed me where they had been and there was none left.

I asked about why the online search showed them in stock, and she said "eh, probably stolen."

Probably didn't need another game in my que anyways, but have been eyeing it for a while. Guess I'll have to wait until the next deal!

And about 10 minutes after my last post I decide to just buy it on e-bay for 32 bucks including Bing Cashback. Only about $10 more than Walmart after California taxes would have been added, and I won't be wasting any more precious gasoline. I'm happy.

[quote name='TheToE']Actually lucked out for once. This makes up for my months of FAIL @ Target Clearance. Had to drive out to the ghetto though (Mobile Hwy, Pensacola FL) to snag it. Came back unscathed..Thanks OP!

In honor of this deal, I present to you....

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com[/QUOTE]

A fellow Pensacola CAG. I wonder how many of us are here.

I know I said I was going to give up, but the stock checker said the Sterling, VA store had some. I went over there, and sure enough... they had three copies, $19.96 each. There are now two left. Any NoVA CAGs who want this game better get your asses over there if you want this.

[quote name='takotchi']I know I said I was going to give up, but the stock checker said the Sterling, VA store had some. I went over there, and sure enough... they had three copies, $19.96 each. There are now two left. Any NoVA CAGs who want this game better get your asses over there if you want this.[/QUOTE]

I went out to the Sterling, VA store last night around 7:30pm and snagged the last copies. I almost didn't even see them and was about to leave when I told myself to check one last time. Glad I did.

[quote name='addicted2games']A fellow Pensacola CAG. I wonder how many of us are here.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Good to meet you brother. I dont know how many of us there are. Your the first Pcola cag I've met.

Check your PM!

The walmart in Fountain Valley, CA doesnt even carry the game from what one of the workers said :( If someone wants to snag me a copy, I would be more then willing to pay the total + shipping to get it.

bread's done
Back