Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $19.99 Shipped/Sold by Amazon.com

Nice. I hunted this down a while back in Walmart when it sold for $20. Still haven't gotten around to playing it!

Picked this up at Walmart a few months back at this price. Worth every penny but I still need to finish it XP

If you're on the fence about grabbing this, DO IT!!

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Too bad I already bought VC2 from GS a few weeks back.[/QUOTE]

Cool beans! Can I have access to your time machine? :D

This game is worth every penny, and more. If you like gorgeous graphics, good story, turn-based strategy (with a dash of real-time thrown in), this is the game for you.

[quote name='Zippon']Cool beans! Can I have access to your time machine? :D

This game is worth every penny, and more. If you like gorgeous graphics, good story, turn-based strategy (with a dash of real-time thrown in), this is the game for you.[/QUOTE]

mmm while the story gets a lot of attention its not very deep and the character are pretty exaggerated and corny.

but i agree, it's a good buy at $20 and the visuals are really cool. upgrading your squad is a lot fun and the battles are pretty fun to control even though they are a bit repetitive thanks to the A.I..

[quote name='Zippon']Cool beans! Can I have access to your time machine? :D

This game is worth every penny, and more. If you like gorgeous graphics, good story, turn-based strategy (with a dash of real-time thrown in), this is the game for you.[/QUOTE]

Whoops. I meant VC1 :drool:.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Whoops. I meant VC1 :drool:.[/QUOTE]

It's all good. If you hadn't said "GS", I would have assumed you imported somehow. :)

As for the shallow story, I guess it might not appeal to some, but there were bits that had me yelling "NO!!!" at my TV. And I don't do that very often. One scene was a real gut-punch. :cry:

Heh. I was discussing the "corny" characters with a GS guy just the other day. John Dimaggio's gay character comes to mind. Personally, I loved that they had fun like that. Too many games are filled with sullen, identical, "safe" character types. The variety in VC was refreshing. (But I can see how it might offend/annoy some.)

now if only amazon.ca does this... it's already gone from gamestop.ca, never dropping like gamestop.com

Finally!
I got this a long while back when GS first dropped it to $19.99.

Tempted to grab another.
Might be one of the rare gems later on.

I literally had this game in my cart on gamestops site last night. So glad I waited, thanks OP!

I tried the demo last year and enjoyed it. I figure if I decide I'm not into it or don't finish it, I know that at the very least it will retain it's value and I could sell it for a small loss or possibly a small gain in the future.

Just another post telling anyone who's on the fence not to hesitate and pick this up. I'm not even a big SRPG fan but not being locked on a grid and the gameplay being a bit of a hybrid of strategy and 3rd person shooter definitely was enough to make me enjoy playing through this.

Heard this game sold poorly initially but the fact copies are still floating around makes me think it got another print run. Perhaps word of mouth has helped it sell a bit better.

[quote name='V878']
Heard this game sold poorly initially but the fact copies are still floating around makes me think it got another print run. Perhaps word of mouth has helped it sell a bit better.[/QUOTE]

It must've considering that a sequel (on PSP) is releasing soon, plus a new pack of DLC was recently released (in addition to the 2 or 3 already out). It didn't sell nearly as well as it should have, but it must have sold.

I think Amazon has had it at this pricepoint before, but now is a great time to buy it before they sell out again. Valkyria Chronicles is still one of my favorite games on the PS3 and I think it's well worth a look.

One of the best PS3 games....great games I wish there was more like it.

I bought 3 just in case...I bought it and sold it once already.

Now I want to play it again and save a sealed copy for the hell of it just becuase it was that good...and its dirt cheap now :)

[quote name='Jonsoncao']Does this game have trophy support?[/QUOTE]

It has it's own in-game based trophy/medal system for achievements you do in the game but no PS3 trophies.

But PLEASE don't let that be a factor in if you are going to buy the game or not. It is a lot of fun and really is one of the best games I have played in this current gen of gaming.

Obviously....but it still has everything intact. I'm sure some wouldn't mind saving a few more bucks over a game that simply isn't sealed. If it has any major issues you can simply return it to Amazon.

[quote name='Gunsou']Are they going to make a second game for the PS3?[/QUOTE]
The second one is on PSP. It should be releasing stateside in the coming months.
And VC is definitely one of my favorite PS3 games and games this gen.

Couldn't resist the urge to rebuy this game today on amazon. Despite the fact I've declared no more RPGs this one deserves a shot after originally buying and selling it without playing it more than five minutes. Meh. No more RPGs I say, Valkyria Chronicles would be the first of THREE RPGs I purchased today...other two being Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and Lunar: Silver Star Harmony LE on gamestop.com.

bread's done
Back