Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $49.99 @ Amazon

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
61a7nW8b6pL._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chro...UTF8&coliid=IGUZG56FSK9G8&colid=3IWQON3G5V66I

Damnit, too soon for this game to have a good price when I'm beyond broke :( Hopefully, by some shooting star in teh sky, this is a permanent pricedrop or it will go lower in the passing weeks.

Not sure if I should go with this or try my luck with Circuit City. Would hate for it to be OOS at local circuit city and miss out completely.

[quote name='IheartGames']another obscure mediocre game priced the same as the good games on PS3[/quote]

Mediocre? Ha you honestly have not played this. Its better then 90% of the garbage that is out on either platform.

[quote name='62t']It was $56.99 earlier in the day. Hope they will PM CC price of $44.99 next week[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='IheartGames']another obscure mediocre game priced the same as the good games on PS3[/QUOTE]

Mediocre? What have you been smokin'?

[quote name='IheartGames']another obscure mediocre game priced the same as the good games on PS3[/quote]

Are you crazy or just stupid? Valkyria Chronicles is fantastic!

[quote name='CommunistHobo']Aww come on, I ordered this at $56.99. Does Amazon do price matching?[/quote]

They should

The game has gotten rave reviews from the press. IMO we need more mediocre, obscure games like this. :cool:

Do you have to email Amazon to get the $44.99 price or will they update it on their website?

[quote name='IheartGames']another obscure mediocre game priced the same as the good games on PS3[/QUOTE]

Welcome to my ignore list :D

[quote name='CommunistHobo']Aww come on, I ordered this at $56.99. Does Amazon do price matching?[/quote]
I did the same thing. :cry:

I see what you did there troll, very tricky.

If there's both a BB and a CC (that's not closing) near you, I'd just buy the game at Best Buy, then price match on Sunday. BB never gives any trouble when PM'ing something you've already bought (at least they never have for m e) And as an added bonus, you get an extra 10% of the difference (so you'll get $16.50 back) plus points on your Reward Zone card if you have one.

I love how they changed the price right after they shipped pre-orders. I guess as long as I get the $10 giftcard it will be ok.

[quote name='crewj']aren't you guys getting the $10.00 gift card?[/quote]
It'd be nice if I could get the price adjustment and the giftcard. That doesn't make me greedy does it? :lol:

I want this game bad, especially after seeing the great reviews, but I'm thinking it's going to drop like a rock after the holidays. So many AAA titles coming out, and I think people are going to overlook this one.

I'll wait until I get through Fallout 3, Fable 2, and Resistance 2. If I can get it off Goozex, then cool beans.

My personal opinion is that is the best game on the PS3 to date. I fail to see how any of you could wrong with buying this game at that price point.

With all the internet hype it is getting, I have doubts that it will drop in price very quickly.

There's a good chance Amazon will match the $44.99 advertised CircuitCity sales price come next week. Amazon has been pretty aggressive in this regard lately, especially for advertised media items. Game is definitely a $60 value. Great deal.

"I understand you bought this item from us just recently at a different price. Unfortunately, we cannot extend a refund to you for the difference between the original price and the lower price you saw posted on our website"

So I'm just going to refuse amazon package and get it at CC.

You are still going to have to pay tax and drive up to Circuit City, is it really worth it?

Personally I will also be waiting for this game to get cheaper. I'll probably buy it around 30 bucks because there are so many good games coming out now there would be no time to play this title.

Argh
Backlog is so huge right now that I figure, it's either going to sit on my shelf at ~50 after tax, or it's gonna sit on the store's shelf until it drops to a lower price when I've reached a point in my backlog to actually play it.

the game won me over after I played the demo on psn.

Will defintely buy later some price drop.

And it's sega. Sega is usually quick on their price drops.

[quote name='b3b0p']If you factor in tax and travel costs (time, gas), Amazon seems like a better deal to me.[/quote]

Not to mention the hassle of CC
This was a no brainer for me with free shipping, I know the game is great I can wait a few days. I bit.

[quote name='crewj']aren't you guys getting the $10.00 gift card?[/QUOTE]

I sent a message about this to amazon. They said I should get it before the 14th.

Jason

I'll pick it up now, my Prime is about to run out.

Edit: I started playing the game and it's pretty damn good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how they changed up the SRPG gameplay for this. Normally I'm not interested in SRPGs at all, but this was alot of fun.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Is the CC deal in-store only? I was planning on ordering it online, since they have free shipping anyway.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so because the deal is in their next week's ad. If you remember their recent commercials, CC prides themselves in having the same price online and in-stores.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Is the CC deal in-store only? I was planning on ordering it online, since they have free shipping anyway.[/quote]

Well the game has been out a 5 days, and CC still don't have it, even at full price. I doubt it will be easy to find On Tuesday at the sale price I know CC likes it this way. because it's a win win you go price match and CC gets the credit for having the price. Even though the game will be rare at CC It's a pattern they seem to follow I just decided to buy it here, with tax and free shipping at CC it might be a dollar less than this after all is said. Not worth the hassle, Amazon already put mine in shipping, it will ship on Monday. Have by Friday all is well. Never having to price match, play hide and seek with CC or get disappearing gift cards from Amazon? PRICELESS!

[quote name='tightclaws']Well the game has been out a 5 days, and CC still don't have it, even at full price. I doubt it will be easy to find On Tuesday at the sale price I know CC likes it this way. because it's a win win you go price match and CC gets the credit for having the price. Even though the game will be rare at CC It's a pattern they seem to follow I just decided to buy it here, with tax and free shipping at CC it might be a dollar less than this after all is said. Not worth the hassle, Amazon already put mine in shipping, it will ship on Monday. Have by Friday all is well. Never having to price match, play hide and seek with CC or get disappearing gift cards from Amazon? PRICELESS![/quote]

Luckily my CC always has these games in stock. :D

[quote name='heyheyhey11']
Will defintely buy later some price drop.

And it's sega. Sega is usually quick on their price drops.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that. VF5, Full Auto, Virtua Tennis 3 all dropped to $16.96 within 6 months. I picked up VT3 and Full Auto 2 for $16.96

I may wait this one out as well. ;)

[quote name='Rodster']I forgot about that. VF5, Full Auto, Virtua Tennis 3 all dropped to $16.96 within 6 months. I picked up VT3 and Full Auto 2 for $16.96

I may wait this one out as well. ;)[/QUOTE]

All of those are CC clearance, and you would be assuming CC would still be around in 6 months

[quote name='imascrub']Amazon doesn't do price matching after the item's shipped or come in stock or something like that anymore.[/QUOTE]

My order was shipped earlier this week and I emailed them last night about this then received an email saying that I will get a $7.00 refund.

bread's done
Back