Valkyrie Profile and Dragon Warrior VII Rerelease (in Japan)

Wet Ninja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Sorry if this has already been posted; I did a search for "Valkyrie" and couldn't find anything on it.

From Gamespot:

TOKYO--Dragon Quest VII and Valkyrie Profile will both be rereleased in the PSOne Books series in Japan on February 3, Square Enix said today. Dragon Quest VII will be priced at 3,500 yen ($34), while Valkyrie Profile will be priced at 2,500 yen ($24). This news follows previous announcements that Dragon Quest IV, Star Ocean: The Second Story, and others will be released in the budget series on March 3.

Let's hope these make it stateside. It would make those of us who missed out on Valkyrie Profile and don't want to pay eBay prices very happy.

[quote name='camoor']YEAH HAAHAHAHAH to anyone who was expecting to get big bucks off ebay. SUCKS to be them.[/quote]

Now now, noone knows if it's coming Stateside yet.

Strange I just bought Dragon Warrior VII for $9 at Toys R Us. How are you going to get big bucks for a game that is less than $10 new?

[quote name='Indiana']Strange I just bought Dragon Warrior VII for $9 at Toys R Us. How are you going to get big bucks for a game that is less than $10 new?[/quote]

He meant for VP, which fetches a fair amount on ebay.

I'd rather see a remake for PS2. Perhaps with better marketing support it might achieve more recognition.

DQ/DWVII is another story. It got lousy marketing but also faced the problem of being a PS1 game that looked like a SNES game at a time when people were more interested in seeing what the PS2 would do. They could easily port it to the GBa if they got rid of the mediocre FMV sequences.

DQ/DWVIII is much more modern and should do better here.

Guess we'll soon see an exodus of Valkyrie Profile to Ebay; even more so if it is announced of a rerelease stateside. I hope so, I regret getting rid of the game.

[quote name='Skylander7']Guess we'll soon see an exodus of Valkyrie Profile to Ebay; even more so if it is announced of a rerelease stateside. I hope so, I regret getting rid of the game.[/quote]

The rerelease of a japanese version wont affect the price of the US verison. Games like Suikoden II that got a Japanese rerelease but that hasn't change the price of the US version.

[quote name='secretvampire']
YEAH HAAHAHAHAH to anyone who was expecting to get big bucks off ebay. SUCKS to be them.

In Japan, numbnuts. This was announced months ago, and I'd be shocked if they made it to the USA.[/quote]

Look at FFIV and Chrono Trigger, or Castlevania:SOTN. It's coming over. Oh yes.

bread's done
Back