Valkyrie Profile on the DS

Will definitely get this when its cheaper. Can't afford new games at release otherwise I wouldn't buy many at all :(

Chapter 2 was very hard for me and really just did not need the hassle so going to return it to gamefly..

with no level grinding its just going to be just luck to beat some of these maps...

ALso i heard its very short (say 10 hours)

hopefully Suikoden Tierkreis is better (and hope to have it saturday)

[quote name='J7.']Wow, was it that bad? I prefer the most challenging games myself.[/QUOTE]

thing i did not like on chapter 2 it was you have to save a person in the middle of the map...

and its just a major pain in the ass trying to save them

ALSO if you use the death thing (what prem kills a person) 3 times or less (depends on how many times you used it before) in Chapter 3 the game will end automatic. with GAME OVER

Interesting. I still want it, I'm the type of person who enjoys CoD2 on Veteran 10 times more than regular/hard mode.

[quote name='slidecage']thing i did not like on chapter 2 it was you have to save a person in the middle of the map...

and its just a major pain in the ass trying to save them

ALSO if you use the death thing (what prem kills a person) 3 times or less (depends on how many times you used it before) in Chapter 3 the game will end automatic. with GAME OVER[/quote]
Yea it is a getting a little hard. That part where you have to save the person, I can do. That hard part is the leader you have to face. He really kicked my butt. I had to use the plume to beat him. I'm going to have to play that over. It looks like the best ending comes from not using the plume. This gamefaqs post has some useful info.

[quote name='erehwon']Yea it is a getting a little hard. That part where you have to save the person, I can do. That hard part is the leader you have to face. He really kicked my butt. I had to use the plume to beat him. I'm going to have to play that over. It looks like the best ending comes from not using the plume. This gamefaqs post has some useful info.[/QUOTE]

yea they said use the Plume but on who

The mage (dont think so cause you will need him later)

the archer ( didnt want to cause i wanted to use her range shots)

that boss had like 3600 hp and would always kill anyone they hit

[quote name='slidecage']yea they said use the Plume but on who

The mage (dont think so cause you will need him later)

the archer ( didnt want to cause i wanted to use her range shots)

that boss had like 3600 hp and would always kill anyone they hit[/quote]
I'm actually thinking of restarting. From what I saw on that page, there might be two other less difficult options.

I restarted this game and went with the Hroethe walk path. The first part of it was easier, but the boss battle just about as hard as the other path, in my opinion. The boss fight has 4 mages you have to deal with, plus some lancers and the boss. I do think the characters you recruit on this path a little better.

Right now, I'm trying to decide if I want to use the plume or not. If you don't use it, you get the A ending. I just don't know if I'll replay it right away. It might be easier though if I use the plume and the get the skills from it. Those could be useful on my A ending attempt.

I just picked this up along with Pokemon Platinum earlier today and so far I'm liking it. Chapter 2 is having me a bit concerned now though but I think I'll be able to manage. Any other faults any of you ran across?

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']If you want the good ending then dont use plumes; its going to be rather difficult...[/QUOTE]

I don't usually play SRPGs, but this one is fun (but real hard for me).
According to Gamefaqs, there's 3 endings. The "best" ending is not using any plumes. The "worst" endings is when you use the plumes the most number of times. There's a table on Gamefaqs for this. Also, it looks like one play through is ~10 hours or so for to get each ending.

The advice that I'm seeing to prevent unnecessary rage is just use plumes and get the "worst" ending. Then start New Game+ and stuff like items will carry over, which should make subsequent play throughs to get the middle and the best ending much less annoying.

Otherwise, you can try for the "best" ending and get pissed off trying to beat the game. I'm sure VP veterans could get the best ending on the first play through. I'm still learning how to string together combos and using different tactics.

Hm. Just got to the battle slidecage was talking about today over lunch... wasn't aware that you had to keep the person in the middle alive. Good thing I bought Heal in the shop!

About to take on the boss, we'll see what happens. Hopefully Guard Reinforce saves me...

I skipped that battle and started over. I took the easy path and got the B ending. I'm going the more moderate path now for an A ending. I'm glad I did. The skill you get for plumming the first archer woman is very helpful. I'm still debating if I want to go for the C ending as well.

whoo! started playing today!!

beat the prologue... so I guess the story is about u're sum kinda killer who has to kill everybody to become evil enough to get your revenge, but if u dont kill anyone then u get a good ending??

sounds cool.

[quote name='erehwon']I skipped that battle and started over. I took the easy path and got the B ending. I'm going the more moderate path now for an A ending. I'm glad I did. The skill you get for plumming the first archer woman is very helpful. I'm still debating if I want to go for the C ending as well.[/quote]

Can't say I blame you. I didn't figure that would be a three-way decision point... figures that (A) I chose the hardest one and (B) I didn't do the optional battle beforehand. I could have won without using the plume if I'd done the optional battle first.

Oh well, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

I beat the first battle of chapter 1.

I couldnt get the sin requirement, the gods are not happy with me lol

I didnt care, I saved the game anyway

I beat the game again, this time the A ending. One thing I was wondering was can get you any of the three endings on each of the different paths starting in chapter 2? I did the B ending going through Hroethe walk path. For my A ending, I started at the Keep, which I've heard is the more moderate path. If I go for the C ending, I'll try the harder path which is Camile.

JEKKI, I would recommend getting or exceeding the sin requirement. If you don't, you have to face some powerful monsters the next battle. It's best to go for twice the requirement, so you get some really good equipment.

yeay once I filled up the Sin gauge I figured out what it's for, so I always go for it now.

gotta get those items!!

btw, go to gamefaqs. They got the chapter flowchart... you can obtain all 3 endings in a single playthru, the latest branch point is chapter 4.

but... you wont see the entire game since each chapter is one of three different scenarios.

I'm very interested in this game but I still have a ton to play. I think I'll wait for a price drop. I think ten hours sounds like a breath of fresh air compared to juggernauts like the Disgaea and FFT games. I just don't want to pay full price for it.

man this game is STILL unbalanced!!

I had sum time during work yesterday so I booted it up,

started a stage, died, restarted, died, figured out a strategy, restarted, did well, quicksaved and went back to work.

got home, started playing again and was able to beat the stage!!

then... it throws me rite into another stage!! I cant even save my game, only quicksave, so my option is to either beat it or have to do everything all over again!!

luckily I beat it, but I lacked strategy and my SIN count was like just a few points over the minimum so I couldnt get more items -_-

o well... I'm on Ch.4 now... still enjoying this game!

beat it. omg final boss PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!

I had to go to youtube and watch how to beat the boss til I finally figured out my own strategy.

still... once u got the strat down it aint too hard.

other than that, fantastic game. I definitely wanna go back and try the other routes coz I achieved the no kill route... and that shyt is too happy >_

On my first playthrough. Of course I chose the hardest route on my first playthrough, so it looks like I'll have to try for one of the worst endings.

Anyone else think the music in this game is phenomenal? Absolutely amazing for a DS game.

I beat it 3 times and got all three endings. I'm currently playing through the Seraphic Gate. I would recommend trying to get there since there is some interesting humor between the characters. My favorite scene so far is the one between Aliyth and Wylfred.

The hard part is deciding what is the best party for me. I replaced Wylfred with Lenneth. I also have Rosea, Aliyth, and Grendal. I'm thinking I might replace Grendal once I get Freya. That'll have to wait a bit since I'm on my first time through doing some leveling up.

As for the music, it is really good, though a lot of if is remixed versions of the first game's music. Not that I'm complaining, that music is still good.

dood... I chose the hardest route too and had no trouble beating the game on A route.

just use Lockswell a lot lol

[quote name='JEKKI']dood... I chose the hardest route too and had no trouble beating the game on A route.

just use Lockswell a lot lol[/QUOTE]

Funny you should mention that. I stopped using Lockswell when I got that new girl mage. She kicks come serious ass. Anyway, I figured out that as long as all 4 characters have a soul crush enabled weapon equipped, getting sin is not a problem at all now.

who's the new girl mage?

if you choose the hard route, you obtain the girl with the sword and the dood with the lance...

or are you talking about Rosalie or whatever her name is?

[quote name='JEKKI']who's the new girl mage?

if you choose the hard route, you obtain the girl with the sword and the dood with the lance...

or are you talking about Rosalie or whatever her name is?[/quote]
If you go for the B ending, you can get Lieselotte. If you go for the C ending, you can get Rosea. I like a Rosea better since she starts out with the best spell, sacred javelin.

I'm kind of glad I got the B ending fore trying the A ending. I got to keep my armor and items for the next playthrough. I had a lot of money at the end of my first playthrough, so I bought extras of all the spells to use at the beginning, which really helped.

[quote name='JEKKI']who's the new girl mage?

or are you talking about Rosalie or whatever her name is?[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm going the B route - it's Lieselotte.

ah yeay makes sense then.

in A route u only get Lockswell... then u finally get a mage again as the last recruit, and u're like ok wtf I dont even need this guy lol.

route A spoilers

Liseoloote and Rosea both die in A route... fyi

I started out loving this game, and while I still think the core gameplay and all that is fantastic, what sadistic fuck came up with the idea of battles without saving in between? I know that the rest of the internet seems to think this game is a piece of cake, but I've had to replay two-plus battles at least half a dozen times over Chapters 4 and 5.

I'm quick-saved for the night at the beginning of the third battle of a four-battle stretch ending Chapter 5, and I have a feeling if I do something stupid resulting in a bad result (death, short on sin, etc) I won't be able to make myself replay it anytime soon.

bread's done
Back