Valkyrie Profile Unofficially Confirmed For U.S.?

b3b0p

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
I don't read many Video Game news sites, but once in a while I scope them out to see what I have been missing. Anyway, I came across this over on Gamebrink:

http://www.gamebrink.com/?news=256

Thought it would be of some interest. Has my hopes up a little higher now we might get it over here.

well wheather they planned a US release or not, they would still want to registrate the name so no one would use it. Namco has also registrate all their tales games in the US, but that doesnt mean they are going to release all of them.

b3b0p, I suggest you change the word "ValKerie" into "Valkyrie" before the spell checkers in my signature come and call you an idiot.

[quote name='praystation']b3b0p, I suggest you change the word "ValKerie" into "Valkyrie" before the spell checkers in my signature come and call you an idiot.[/QUOTE]
whoops!

Thanks

I really hope they release it on something. I've never played this game and I want to see what the hype is around this really rare/expensive game.

They are obligated to bring this game to the US. The Ultimate version of Valkyrie Profile -- a game that so many missed out on? Hell yes.

There was a nice write up on Next Gen about it. The author was not overly enthused.

I'm somewhat looking forward to this. Never got to play it on Playstation and having it portable gives me plenty of opportunity to play it fully at an affordable realistic price.

However, I'm not getting my hopes up for a U.S. release.

the VP port has no loading and it is in widescreen, but there are minor glitches. A real good port would be Suikoden PSP, which has new infro, redo gfx and a higher difficulty.

[quote name='Chacrana']Eh, I wouldn't trust anything Next Gen says. From what I've heard so far, it's a good port/remake.[/QUOTE]
That is not exactly what I am referring to nor what I was worried about. I'm sure it is a fine port, but I have no idea what the game is like. From the descriptions I have read (which is all I have to go on), it sounds like a good to mediocre game at best. The Next Gen blurbs just highlight that.

[quote name='Chacrana']They are obligated to bring this game to the US. The Ultimate version of Valkyrie Profile -- a game that so many missed out on? Hell yes.[/QUOTE]

agreed after dumping the crap Romancing Saga and Underdog Boy With Spiky Hair Saves World From Generic Evil 4:Turbo on us, they should show us some love.

GI had a preview with both VP and VP2 and were talking like it was a sure deal...

[quote name='b3b0p']That is not exactly what I am referring to nor what I was worried about. I'm sure it is a fine port, but I have no idea what the game is like. From the descriptions I have read (which is all I have to go on), it sounds like a good to mediocre game at best. The Next Gen blurbs just highlight that.[/QUOTE]

Ah... misunderstood ya I guess. I've played the game on the PS1 and I'd honestly say it's as good as the hype surrounding it would indicate. I really like the battle system and the mythology is a nice change of pace from the standard RPG elements. The game oozes quality and RPG fans really need to own the game.

Does anyone think a PSP version is really going to impact the price of the PS One original? It might lower the game a bit, but i just don't see VP dropping into a managable range, espically since the remake / port is on PSP, a system not too many own (compared to something like ps2).

[quote name='Roufuss']Once it's "officially" announced, I'm dumping my Valkyrie Profile on Ebay the very same minute.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no point in waiting to get around to a $60 version when I get to it for less. Same with Suikoden II.:)

I actually think the value of the game will go down. It's not on the same system, but when the current price is as ridiculous as it is, nobody but hardcore collectors are even going to bother... so it'll be extremely difficult to dump the PS1 copy on Ebay when the remake comes out and hope for a boatload of money.

WTB PS1 Version of Valkyrie Profile for 10 bucks shiped. KTHXBYE

P.S: sealed version if possible.

Can't wait for the price drops hehe sicne I don't own a PSP :)

[quote name='Chacrana']I actually think the value of the game will go down. It's not on the same system, but when the current price is as ridiculous as it is, nobody but hardcore collectors are even going to bother... so it'll be extremely difficult to dump the PS1 copy on Ebay when the remake comes out and hope for a boatload of money.[/QUOTE]

That's why ya gotta do it quick before everyone catches on :D

All they need to do is announce this, Suikoden 1 + 2, and Tales of Eternia for a US release and I'm set. I might import ToE, but I'd rather just get it if it came out here.

[quote name='Roufuss']That's why ya gotta do it quick before everyone catches on :D

All they need to do is announce this, Suikoden 1 + 2, and Tales of Eternia for a US release and I'm set. I might import ToE, but I'd rather just get it if it came out here.[/QUOTE]

eh, I decided that Eternia wasn't realistically going to come out in the US... given that it skipped the US entirely, Sony's stance on 2D games, and the fact that it was released here before, it just doesn't seem likely. I am enjoying the European version immensely though.

But yeah, dropping the games on Ebay quick is where it's at.

[quote name='Chacrana']eh, I decided that Eternia wasn't realistically going to come out in the US... given that it skipped the US entirely, Sony's stance on 2D games, and the fact that it was released here before, it just doesn't seem likely. I am enjoying the European version immensely though.
[/QUOTE]

I don't really buy Sony's stance on 2D games anymore, espically when Astonshia Story is being released over here, and it has some extremely archaic 2D graphics... almost up there with Legend of Heroes.

PSP is getting alot of 2D goodness, lately, I just think Namco is being a little bitch.

And yea, Capcom too. You can release every other game over here EXCEPT Breath of Fire 3?

bread's done
Back